32 minutes ago, Maikeru said:

I saw a post on UKFF a while back with a scan of a letter from the UK distributor of hasbros from back in the day confirming which figures from each series were released here. The mystery of why I couldn’t find Dusty Rhodes anywhere despite knowing a ton of people with massive collections was finally answered. Can’t remember if Andre the Giant went completely unreleased here or just had an incredibly small run, but couldn’t get him either.

Andre was the first WWF figure I was bought as a kid so he was definitely released here. My dad got it from WH Smith and my brother chose Ravishing Rick Rude as his, so we had both of those figures. This would have been around 1990/1991 or so.

35 minutes ago, Maikeru said:

I saw a post on UKFF a while back with a scan of a letter from the UK distributor of hasbros from back in the day confirming which figures from each series were released here. The mystery of why I couldn’t find Dusty Rhodes anywhere despite knowing a ton of people with massive collections was finally answered. Can’t remember if Andre the Giant went completely unreleased here or just had an incredibly small run, but couldn’t get him either.

Would love to see this if you can link me up? Thanks

there was a shop in glasgow just across from the barras that was a wrestling shop back in the early 90's, used to go there once a month with my dad buying two figures at a time or one if it was a tag team, i think i pretty much bought most of them, so anyways i bought the bushwhackers tag team pack but lost them before i could even open them, ended up getting them again for Christmas that year...........6 years ago i was chucking out stuff from my dads old loft when i found them along with my talking warrior i honestly couldn't believe after all these years my dad had them in the loft along with the sound effect part of the ring.

6MopTKY.jpg

Edited by buba3d

4 hours ago, Maikeru said:

Might have been this one actually not UKFF (scroll to bottom of thread): Is Dusty (Hasbro) hard to find in the UK? | Wrestlingfigs.com WWE Figure Forums

The Hasbro UK letter on that link details "Ravishing Rick Rude (2nd Edition)" and "Jake the Snake Roberts (2nd Edition)" coming in assortment 4. Anyone know what that was about? I don't recall seeing two versions of either of these.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Roy said:

The Hasbro UK letter on that link details "Ravishing Rick Rude (2nd Edition)" and "Jake the Snake Roberts (2nd Edition)" coming in assortment 4. Anyone know what that was about? I don't recall seeing two versions of either of these.

There wasn’t, maybe it was considered or they simply made additional or the originals, but there was never official different versions of Jake or Rude, and there has never been any mention, discuss or proto shots suggesting as much.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

It could be that Edition actually means release. It looks like they were bulking up the assortments with older figures (something that was regularly done if they had extra inventory to shift) as it also mentions Brutus Beefcake and Big Boss Man (2nd Editions). Although these two did get a second figure it wasn't until a later series, and I would very much doubt they were planned for this series.

• Paid Members

Does anyone else have the same false memory as me that on the back of a card under Tag Teams it listed The Rockers and the (never produced) Beverly Brothers?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, air_raid said:

Does anyone else have the same false memory as me that on the back of a card under Tag Teams it listed The Rockers and the (never produced) Beverly Brothers?

Can’t say it’s a thing as far as I know. There have indeed been misprints, but usually just getting names of hasbros mixed up, attaching the wrong figure to the wrong card, or forgetting to print the name beneath the figure:

D261348C-4D94-435C-A7CF-B66314ED0B3D.jpeg

66500874-5599-4D93-A039-EEF1696D3222.jpeg

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

IIRC it was Rhythm and Blues that was incorrectly listed on some card backs, before being corrected.

correct. There was an advert with the figures from WWF Magazine which had the figure that Matt Cardona would eventually purchase. But the only card backs with them on were corrected before being released so they never went to retail, but some have been found from ex Hasbro employees

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Reverend said:

IIRC it was Rhythm and Blues that was incorrectly listed on some card backs, before being corrected.

Yeah, I know that one. I have a WWF Magazine from 1990 with a photo of the prototypes.

Nobody else remember the Beverly lie?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

Yeah, I know that one. I have a WWF Magazine from 1990 with a photo of the prototypes.

Nobody else remember the Beverly lie?

Can’t say I do, no matter how much I want it to be true mate. Saying that, their molded on capes would’ve been a nightmare. If LOD weren’t  getting removables, not a chance Beaumont & Blakely were. It was their best bit. I wonder which version of the cape we’d have got, obviously purely depends on the exact dates the proof/promo shots would’ve been taken.

• Paid Members
On 12/13/2020 at 11:18 AM, Kaz Hayashi said:

When Series 3 came out over here, it meant we had had 2 of the 3 Warriors in our collection. Naturally the newest, purple one was the Ultimate Warrior, but series 2 White trunks had to change, to his brother, Michael Warrior.

Michael Warrior.

Just saw this. I just had two Warriors tagging each as The Ultimate Warriors and never bothered explaining why there were two. Also had a second Mr Perfect exposed as an imposter and eventually they reconciled and became The Perfect Team and I’m pretty sure the other got called Mike something. And Ted DiBiase #3 might have called Brian.