Predict the Mania card

Wasteman

• Awards Moderator

Cena will get booed at Mania regardless, so I'm not sure that matters too much. I'd be happy to see Taker vs Cena, I'd prefer Reigns vs Cena for the title but I don't quite know how you get around that without both of them getting booed.

I wonder what the likelihood is of Taker vs Reigns? Roman gets to retire Taker, Taker endorses him, perhaps?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cena's faced Michaels, Rock, Bryan and Punk without turning heel. Because he gets booed anyway, he doesn't have to.

If you want something big from the regular roster, someone like Reigns chasing heel Cena to Mania would be great. Not sure it would ever happen. In fact if you turn Cena properly at this point, I think you open up loads of interesting feuds with a different dynamic. Taker, Lesnar, Triple H, a returning Rollins, Bryan if he heals, Ambrose.

Sigh.

I see your point but 32 is likely to be takers last match. I just can't see cena retiring him, it just doesn't fit for me. Before anyone says flair/Michaels it is noway near the same.

I think rick is onto something with heel cena opening up so many things. This is surely the biggest angle they have left.

Maybe cena chases a heel reigns and they do a double turn at mania with the authority ditching reigns for supercena?

In fact if you turn Cena properly at this point, I think you open up loads of interesting feuds with a different dynamic. Taker, Lesnar, Triple H, a returning Rollins, Bryan if he heals, Ambrose.

Plus then they'd be able to do Cena vs Reigns in front of a wanker crowd and have one of them get cheered. Cena.

Cena retiring Taker works if he does so via nefarious means i.e. a low blow or a chair shot or something. Then coming out of Mania you have a huge new dynamic of a heel Cena going against the likes of Reigns,Ambrose,Bryan etc.

Yes, but why would he cast aside his entire character to beat taker without he streak on the line, seems pretty meaningless to me? Only way cena turns heel that makes sense is to win back the belt that had eluded him since he got battered by Lesnar.

Taker vs Cena

Reigns vs Lesnar for the title

HHH vs Ambrose

Wyatt vs Orton

Owens vs Bryan for the IC Title

The New Day vs Harper/Rowan/Strowman

US Title Multi-Man Ladder Match

Divas Match

Andre The Giant Memorial Batlte Royal

Something like that maybe? Providing Orton and Bryan are cleared to come back, of course. I don't think that looks any worse than last year's card to be honest  Could get Reigns/HHH and then Lesnar/Orton if they go that route but can't see them putting Lesnar against anyone else. 

Well the problem with Cena turning now is that everyone has talked about it for so long that the place is going to lose their shit with excitement when it finally happens. He'd need to really do something unforgivable to stop it being the biggest face pop he has ever had. Only thing I can think of that would get the right reaction would be tapping out Taker to his shit STF

• Paid Members

The idea of Reigns vs. Lesnar 2 baffles me.  If you want your next face of the company to get cheered, why would you put him against the hottest babyface you have?

Anything other than Taker vs. Cena will be a disappointment for me.

The point of Reigns/Lesnar 2 with presumably Reigns winning is to tell your audience that Reigns is on the level of Lesnar - that he's a hard bastard aswell. Lesnar is the only guy on the roster who has the legitimacy to do that. It's also a match that they did on the biggest stage without a conclusion.

It's a no brainer really. Sure the crowd would be split. But the crowd should be split in any babyface match. Maybe the majority of a WM crowd will boo Reigns, I dunno. But WWE have millions of fans around the world, not just 70,000 who turn up for Mania.

Do boos even matter, really? It's still noise and a reaction. Looking back at Cena's career, you can't help but think he's been more successful because of the boos. WWE need to put their foot down now and stop giving into the boos so much. They keep giving the internet/smarky fans what they want and look at the ratings they're doing.

Do boos even matter, really? It's still noise and a reaction. Looking back at Cena's career, you can't help but think he's been more successful because of the boos. WWE need to put their foot down now and stop giving into the boos so much. They keep giving the internet/smarky fans what they want and look at the ratings they're doing.

Ratings have been dropping for ages before they started giving the Internet what it wants. A huge section of their fanbase have stopped watching because they don't like Cena. Those fans have been replaced with a smaller number of fans who will stop watching without Cena.

It is insane to suggest the top face doesn't need to be cheered. The whole idea of a face is the person the crowd cheers for

Archived