Predict the Mania card

Wasteman

• Paid Members

It is insane to suggest the top face doesn't need to be cheered.

It's been proven for ten years. Point to ratings all you like but the company has flourished in the Cena years globally. It's as healthy as it's been. So no, it's not insane. It's just not ideal.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea of Reigns vs. Lesnar 2 baffles me.  If you want your next face of the company to get cheered, why would you put him against the hottest babyface you have?

Anything other than Taker vs. Cena will be a disappointment for me.

The point of Reigns/Lesnar 2 with presumably Reigns winning is to tell your audience that Reigns is on the level of Lesnar - that he's a hard bastard aswell. Lesnar is the only guy on the roster who has the legitimacy to do that.

Do the majority of fans even think that way anymore?  I mean, everybody knows what wrestling is nowadays - christ, WWE themselves have never been more eager to tell us wrestling is fake.  I don't think another match where super-over Brock Lesnar beats up Roman Reigns for an entire match, only for Reigns to "overcome the odds" and win is going to do much for him personally.  I don't really know the answer, but I don't think it's as easy as you're making it out to be.

I think another issue I have with Reigns vs. Lesnar is that it's another fucking rematch.  Undertaker vs. HBK was the perfect Wrestlemania rematch, Undertaker vs. Triple H was unnecessary but ended up being a decent match, Rock vs. Cena was just dull.  I know Lesnar vs. Reigns is different because there wasn't a winner, but I definitely think there could be a better option for both men.

• Paid Members

The idea of Reigns vs. Lesnar 2 baffles me.  If you want your next face of the company to get cheered, why would you put him against the hottest babyface you have?

Anything other than Taker vs. Cena will be a disappointment for me.

The point of Reigns/Lesnar 2 with presumably Reigns winning is to tell your audience that Reigns is on the level of Lesnar - that he's a hard bastard aswell. Lesnar is the only guy on the roster who has the legitimacy to do that.

Do the majority of fans even think that way anymore?

If they don't, what's the point?

I think another issue I have with Reigns vs. Lesnar is that it's another fucking rematch.  Undertaker vs. HBK was the perfect Wrestlemania rematch, Undertaker vs. Triple H was unnecessary but ended up being a decent match, Rock vs. Cena was just dull.  I know Lesnar vs. Reigns is different because there wasn't a winner, but I definitely think there could be a better option for both men.

Such as?

I guess it depends upon if Reigns comes out of Survivor Series as the face World champ or the heel Authority-backed champ, but Reigns-Lesnar seems to be the match that WWE are looking at having involving the two at 'Mania. I have not seen any news suggesting any other match involving the two of them.

• Paid Members

Put the title on Cena at the Rumble, have Taker win the Rumble and put them on a collision course for Mania. If they are going to face each other then make it the full on main event, as there is no point in it being in the semi-main position and then the final match of the night playing in front of crickets. Fuck knows what it leaves Ambrose, HHH, Reigns and Lesnar doing though.

Such as?

Not sure yet, maybe Reigns vs. Triple H.  That leaves Brock out in the cold though.

It's been proven for ten years. Point to ratings all you like but the company has flourished in the Cena years globally. It's as healthy as it's been. So no, it's not insane. It's just not ideal.

It's also inevitable. The top babyface will be booed because they're "superman" and "shoved down our throats." The only way I can see that changing is if they draw enough new fans so the TV tapings aren't full of jaded divs going along to voice their displeasure at top babyfaces winning. Or if a top babyface from before the "I hate wrestling now" era comes back full time.

It's also inevitable. The top babyface will be booed because they're "superman" and "shoved down our throats." The only way I can see that changing is if they draw enough new fans so the TV tapings aren't full of jaded divs going along to voice their displeasure at top babyfaces winning. Or if a top babyface from before the "I hate wrestling now" era comes back full time.

How the hell has the company flourished? Its been a steady decline and the positive areas are nothing to do with Cena? No matter which way you look at it Cena is a special case and different from any other wrestler, not an example of how the top face doesn't need to be cheered anymore

The fans will turn on the any top face because WWE don't know how to give them a top star that the fans want to cheer anymore. Just because people don't want Superman doesn't mean they won't react correctly to other heros. The formula they have just doesn't work.

Archived