#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

A few years ago there was a program on that showed some tramps getting sandwiches out of the bins at the back of a supermarket, taking them Home and sticking them in a breville.  Tesco just had a load of butties on display for 8p each.  Cheese and tomato, corned beef, cheese and onion etc.  Grabbed some, and they are cooking away now to form a toastie buffet.  Thank you tramps for the stunning idea.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Looks like we have a raft of Olly Murs fans on here, this place really did go tits up, eh.

Didn’t realise we had so many middle aged women as members.

• Paid Members

I remember going to a Taco Bell in Baker Street years ago in the 80s, when a family friend took me and my sisters to see the London Planetarium (also now in the past). I quite liked it, so I was surprised they closed up in the UK.

• Paid Members

The one at the Arndale at Manchester is one of the few places who allow people with learning difficulties to work on the counter.  Hoping some other companies follow suit, as they normally get hidden in the back.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I remember going to a Taco Bell in Baker Street years ago in the 80s, when a family friend took me and my sisters to see the London Planetarium (also now in the past). I quite liked it, so I was surprised they closed up in the UK.

Yeah I believe the last one closed around the same time Demolition Man was released where they announced it had won the franchise war. We had Taco Bell, Wendy's, Quiznos, Sbarro, all gone by 2000. Taco Bell relaunched I think in 2010 or 11

• Paid Members

Quiznos was still around by 2000 - I was in my first year at university, and there was one in that mini shopping arcade on Oxford Street, and one in the shopping mall near where I live, in Wood Green. I always like Quiznos, could never understand why they weren't more popular.