Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And it's going really well

F99025CB-C5E3-4DEA-8375-25FB1F92688A_zps

Once you've made it in the WWE, with his band, books, podcasts, and whatever else he's done, being able to play what he wants to play to even a few dozen people could be feel like a success at that stage, if he enjoys it. I'm far from being a Jericho fan, but I've often wondered what you'd have to do for enjoyment if you ever made it wildly successful.

Not having a knock at your post there Wyatt, but if he's enjoying it then fair fucks to him. 

I know your not having a pop. But for all his success with WWE, his podcast and another band that he's had running for about 15 years now, 39 listeners across the entire planet on a massive platform like Spotify is shocking, especially when it's being put out by an established label like Metal Blade Records.

Top streamed track has less than 1,400 streams (others tracks have less than 1,000) and that EP has been out for a year, so each of those 39 followers would have had to have listened to the track 0.7 times per week on average. They've probably had more traffic today from me number crunching than people actually listening to them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Kilts are a bloody nightmare. I used to work in a suit shop, and dreaded Scottish weddings.

I went to a wedding and had to have one on in the middle of January in the pissing snow and rain. Ceremony was lovely, but never again with the kilt.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

That's hilarious. Pretty harsh to be getting mercilessly down voted for that admission. Admissions of idiocy should never be met with such hostility, as we are all poorer for losing out on hearing the stories if people don't feel like sharing.

Imagine if we fostered an environment in which Steve never shared his raw porcelain propensity (and it's also far from the worst thing MrK has ever shared...)

Edited by Chest Rockwell

If we're sharing our misunderstandings of words, I used to think that guerrilla fighters were actual gorillas. Imagine that. Cigar chomping apes with machine guns. Cool. To be fair I was about ten years old and had seen Congo so it's fair game in my book.

• Paid Members

Similar one to that but when I was 10 and read the blurb on the back of Universal Soldier, I couldn't understand why they were making cyborg animal doctors. My dad had to explain what a Vietnam Vet was.  

• 2 weeks later...