Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SpursRiot2012

Today I learned...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

He had quite a turn in comedy - had an act with Harry Hill in Edinburgh.

Bloody hell, that would have been surreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIL that you can fix ps2 discs that are heavily scratched with toothpaste and a microfiber cloth! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I learned that I absolutely fucking hate ticketing websites, pop groups and the trouble they fucking cause.

Tearing what’s left of my hair out this morning trying to sort tickets for the dearly beloved for the sodding Spice Girls. And I’m not even fucking going! Ticketmaster and all those either shitehawk website can all fuck themselves. And as much as I love my dear Mrs Facesitter - she can shit off this morning as well. Oh, I’m not sure about those seats. Oh, I don’t know about that block. Oh, that’s too pricey. Actually can we make it three people? Actually no two people is fine. Any luck darling? Hello? Should I try this end too darling? What are your card details darling? Hello? Is there anything in block 102? Is there WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF FOR FIVE MINUTES I’M IN A QUEUE THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER SAD FUCKER YOU INCREDULENT CHARLATAN.

Tickets for day 1 sell out. A SECOND date for Wembley becomes available. Same curfuffle.

...Didn’t get tickets. She’s giving it the whole I’m not angry I’m just dissapointed stance on text. I offer to drive her to the bright lights of Bristol or Coventry for one of the other shows, she’s umming and ahing about time off so I’ve just dropped it now and she can sort it out her fucking self. 

Edit - She’s now broken the washing machine. FML. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Today I learned that I absolutely fucking hate ticketing websites, pop groups and the trouble they fucking cause.

Tearing what’s left of my hair out this morning trying to sort tickets for the dearly beloved for the sodding Spice Girls. And I’m not even fucking going! Ticketmaster and all those either shitehawk website can all fuck themselves. And as much as I love my dear Mrs Facesitter - she can shit off this morning as well. Oh, I’m not sure about those seats. Oh, I don’t know about that block. Oh, that’s too pricey. Actually can we make it three people? Actually no two people is fine. Any luck darling? Hello? Should I try this end too darling? What are your card details darling? Hello? Is there anything in block 102? Is there WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF FOR FIVE MINUTES I’M IN A QUEUE THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER SAD FUCKER YOU INCREDULENT CHARLATAN.

Tickets for day 1 sell out. A SECOND date for Wembley becomes available. Same curfuffle.

...Didn’t get tickets. She’s giving it the whole I’m not angry I’m just dissapointed stance on text. I offer to drive her to the bright lights of Bristol or Coventry for one of the other shows, she’s umming and ahing about time off so I’ve just dropped it now and she can sort it out her fucking self. 

Edit - She’s now broken the washing machine. FML. 

good lord, that sounds awful, i wouldn't wannabe... in your shoes, lets hope she cools off so 2 do not become 1..., these touts, who do they think they are...

Heres a non spice girls song that may be of benefit to you given your situation!

oh, and sorry to hear about the washer, do you even calgon bro? 

 

Edited by Ralphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My other half had an inkling she might like to go to one of the shows. She's at work today but I texted letting her know it's £77 a ticket if she wants standing and that'll probably be the end of it. We have an unwritten rule of 'if a gig costs more than Springsteen*, it's not worth it because whoever they are, they won't be as good'. Spice Girls fail the Springsteen Rule.

 

 

*prices based on however much the last time we saw Springsteen cost

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I offered to try and get tickets for The Spice Girls for the wife, but thankfully she told me not to bother when she found out how much it was.

Gigs are getting out of hand in general. Metallica priced me out for either of their two stadium shows, and then Rammstein went and did the same this week for their U.K. Exclusive at MK Stadium. £215 you say? Nein danke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I offered to try and get tickets for The Spice Girls for the wife, but thankfully she told me not to bother when she found out how much it was.

Gigs are getting out of hand in general. Metallica priced me out for either of their two stadium shows, and then Rammstein went and did the same this week for their U.K. Exclusive at MK Stadium. £215 you say? Nein danke 

Rammstein tickets were £71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must have gone quickly as the lowest price available on Ticketmaster when I looked were the £215 ones. 

Even so, £71 is still a huge increase from their last tour (£50 standing). I know that with Rammstein they don’t scrimp on the spectacle of the show, but inflation has effected ticket prices that much 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

AC/DC were £50 on all 3 of the last tours IIRC. 

I was amazed they were that cheap. 

I think I read something about them being really hot on stopping touts with ID checks and shizz. Why other acts don't do this, no idea. Think it's similar with Hamilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hallicks said:

I think I read something about them being really hot on stopping touts with ID checks and shizz. Why other acts don't do this, no idea. Think it's similar with Hamilton. 

Iron Maiden are another band who are hot on outside ticket sales, where you need to bring ID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

Iron Maiden are another band who are hot on outside ticket sales, where you need to bring ID.

Ahh, maybe that's who I was reading about. I knew it was that genre from around that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m probably the only person in the world who didn’t know this, but today I learnt that the majority of speech in films is dubbed in during production - the speech you hear isn’t the speech that was recorded at the time. It seems obvious now, I’m watching a film at the moment and it’s clearly dubbed, but I wouldn’t have realised before 

Edited by waters44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...