Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Noel Edmonds currently lives in New Zealand, and Worf has appeared in the most episodes of Star Trek across the whole franchise. 

TIL (or belatedly realised) that the Fremantle that took over from Silver Vision to handle WWE DVDs/Blu-rays is the same company that produces Neighbours.

Surely opportunities have been missed there? Harold and Lou's alternative commentary, Doctor Karl's opinion on Cowboy Bob's cast and D'Lo's chest protector, the Lawman's verdict on Clarence Mason; it's all money left on the table.

No wonder Amazon had to bail them out.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Noel Edmonds currently lives in New Zealand, and Worf has appeared in the most episodes of Star Trek across the whole franchise. 

That shouldn't have come as a surprise, considering he was in all of TNG which was the longest of the "big four" shows AND a big chunk of DS9.

• Paid Members

Thomas Bangalter (from off of out of Daft Punk) and DJ Falcon (aka Together) did the original Call On Me with the Steve Winwood Valerie sample, but didn't release it because they felt it was too similar to the two songs they'd released before it, but DJ Falcon still played it in some of his live sets. Eric Prydz did his version, and later tried to sue Together for ripping him off. It didn't go well for him. Prydz tries to distance himself from it nowadays.

• Paid Members
On 4/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

TIL (or belatedly realised) that the Fremantle that took over from Silver Vision to handle WWE DVDs/Blu-rays is the same company that produces Neighbours.

Surely opportunities have been missed there? Harold and Lou's alternative commentary, Doctor Karl's opinion on Cowboy Bob's cast and D'Lo's chest protector, the Lawman's verdict on Clarence Mason; it's all money left on the table.

No wonder Amazon had to bail them out.

They should have had the Neighbours cast sat ringside at RAW giving shit to the wrestlers, like WCW did with the Battledome guys.

Imagine Toadfish squaring up to The Miz? Money. 

Edited by Your Fight Site

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Thomas Bangalter (from off of out of Daft Punk) and DJ Falcon (aka Together) did the original Call On Me with the Steve Winwood Valerie sample, but didn't release it because they felt it was too similar to the two songs they'd released before it, but DJ Falcon still played it in some of his live sets. Eric Prydz did his version, and later tried to sue Together for ripping him off. It didn't go well for him. Prydz tries to distance himself from it nowadays.

Lol I never knew Eric Prydz ripped this off. I did know he got Steve Winwood to re-record the vocals, so Winwood would get royalties because he didn't own the original Valerie masters. This is just completely nicking someone elses whole idea though.

From a mooch online about it, it seems it was the label Ministry of Sound who tried claiming Prydz was the original. Which sounds about right as they are massive bellends. 

For any non dance music fans Eric Prydz went on to be a huge Prog House DJ and producer for the past two decades. His stuff under Pryda name is very well regarded and he basically never plays Call On Me anymore. I thought it was because he was embarrassed because of its success. I didn't know it's probably that and that he ripped off a white label.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

They should have had the Neighbours cast sat ringside at RAW giving shit to the wrestlers, like WCW did with the Battledome guys.

Imagine Toadfish squaring up to The Miz? Money. 

Paul Robinson with a team of Ramsay and Robinson family members feuding with Heyman, Reigns etc over who the true Bloodline is. 

8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Paul Robinson

You could rerun the time he was getting threatening phone calls and incorporate it with the “IT WAS ME AUSTIN” when it’s revealed to be 

Spoiler

Harold Bishop

“An eye for an eye, Robinson”