The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

I've been in a relationship also where you kind of feel sorry for them for having a difficult past/upbringing or life and then find excuses for when they do wrong as if you can justify it because it hasn't been easy and you get sucked into the whole not wanting them to self destruct but if I am honest then all it means is that you take on all the emotional guilt and other problems and they don't change at all and only bring you down to their level. I understand some people genuinely have difficult upbringings but sometimes you have to ask yourself that if they are not willing to learn lessons or try to change or appreciate someone such as ourselves who walk into there lives then its best to just let it go and walk away because at the end of the day its either them self destructing or you.

It feels shitty now but I think you will look back in a few months and realise (in the nicest way possible) how much you put in and how you were taken advantage of but of course it will make you stronger in the long run having learned the hard way, as to what happens to her you've done all you can so she can't ever feel sorry for herself if she's lost someone who gave everything to make her happy.

Some people are just broken and will never fully be fixed, just concentrate on yourself and enjoy life, I think the biggest regret I had wasn't so much the relationship but trying too hard at the expense of my own happiness and wasting a few years of my life in the process. Life eh?

• 1 month later...

Blimey, few updates to the end of the relationship as went a bit mental

Less than 6 weeks after agreeing to marry me, she was with someone else. He, her new fella and his sister and some of her close mates have threatened me with beatings, because.. Which was nice. glad i meant the grand total of nowt... woop woop.

I've left my job because of illness, and i've effectively been made homeless because the house I was in was sold underneath me so am in a mates room, short term and am trying to find a place to live back in Preston.

Found somewhere, but is close to ex, in a fit of normalcy I said to her that was looking at houses in the area, because they are cheap and affordable and didnt want to freak her out if she saw me, and I've now been called every name under the sun by her and her mates, because ya know, I'm an asshole.

Aside from that, I have finally come out as Trans and am pretty much now full time, name has been changed via Stat Dec and am starting to pick up the many bits and bobs of my life that were totally blown apart, after trying to overdose again. Not because of her, but too much going elsewhere.

In terms of relationships. I have been getting counselling with relate, and basically I have anxious attachment meaning I will latch on to the 'wrong' relationships because I cannot for the life of me see what is right and proper and ignore red flags. Aside from that all my relationship fundamentals are fine and actually good, it's just if i keep going through the wrong relationships then this totally destroys my self confidence and worth, ignoring the multiple red flags, because of the promise of any kind of love, is not heatlthy and good and is where the anxiety gets heightened.

so yeah, that...:)

• Paid Members

5'5's shorter than usual, but not midget short. Most women are around that, so won't be it. My Mrs is 6' good looking and I'm 5'10 and an ugly bastard. I honestly thinks it's something else.

So why delete the account if it's free?

It's called Plenty Of Fish right? So think of it like fishing. You bait up and chuck you're line out. If nothing bites after a while you reel it in, try a different bait and cast out again.

Basically, rebait your page. Scrap what you've written and try something else to make it stand out a bit.

There's only one way I definitely won't catch a fish, and that's packing up my rods and going home. Deleting you're account will definitely get you no replies.

Aside from that, I have finally come out as Trans and am pretty much now full time, name has been changed via Stat Dec and am starting to pick up the many bits and bobs of my life that were totally blown apart, after trying to overdose again. Not because of her, but too much going elsewhere.

oh wow, another trans user! feel a bit less ridiculously out of place on here now. Congratulations and best of luck transitioning. How far in are you?

oh wow, another trans user! feel a bit less ridiculously out of place on here now. Congratulations and best of luck transitioning. How far in are you?

Stat Dec'd my name, on herbal hormones, starting laser when I can find someone who is reliable.. Er on waiting list for GIC.. So that far down.. you? PM if you want.

not really good at doing that, i am not negative on myself, but i find it difficult because it will sound big headed to me, and that is far from who i am!

It is very frustrating to not get replies. espeicially as i am in the best health i have been in since i was around 15 and i feel fantastic, and now i am 30 i am starting to get much more relaxed/chilledout/uncaring too

Ralphy, check your PM's, :)