NJPW World

Sphinx

Yeah it's about 100 quid for a young boys one, I've wasted money on a lot worse. 250 quid for that spectacular Suzuki Gunn one though... I'm having a hard time justifying leaving Japan with  350 quids worth of trackkies. Plus the matching T-shirts that's the best part of 500 quid for clothes I would probably only wear at home...

I've stopped buying completely from Japan. Wasn't so bad when Customs only used to apply charges on a very random basis. Last few years though, it was every time without fail. ÂŁ100 (or so) worth of goods + shipping and possibly commission (if ordered via an agent) and highly likely ÂŁ30+ on top of that, by way of import tax etc / VAT. No thanks.

59 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

How do you guys feel about the Bullet club split so far? 

Hide contents

It seems quite weak to me that they seem to be a bunch of friends torn apart just by Cody being an ass. It hardly feels like an issue that would cause a civil war.

I think there is a big twist to come . Can’t see them all turning on Cody as he’s the most natural heel. But don’t think Kenny is out as leader as other leadership changes done and dusted quickly. Something is gonna happen

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I think Jay White has the shittest face for wrestling. It's too young and babyish for him to ever work as a heel, yet somehow too creepy to ever work as a babyface.

I had the impression he was supposed to be a heel... Then he joined Chaos and starts tagging with babyfaces, I’m assuming he’s in between? 

2 hours ago, Louch said:

I think there is a big twist to come . Can’t see them all turning on Cody as he’s the most natural heel. But don’t think Kenny is out as leader as other leadership changes done and dusted quickly. Something is gonna happen

On Jericho's podcast (IIRC) Kenny talked about wanting to work with (against) the Bucks. With The Bucks going HW and Kenny in the Golden Lovers I am a little worried about this being the direction. Personally it's not something I'd like to see, but can't figure who else the Golden Lovers would face. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I had the impression he was supposed to be a heel... Then he joined Chaos and starts tagging with babyfaces, I’m assuming he’s in between? 

They're gradually trying to position Chaos more as the heels to the wildly popular LIJ. Okada has been more of a dick lately, even for him, adding Switchblade to the fold in the manner they did, at the expense of the also wildly popular Kenny O, and then taking his belto off him, only added to my suspicion that after being pretend heels for a couple of years (shhh) actually, Chaos might really be the bad guys at last.

• Paid Members

This is a bit random. Haven't watched Japanese wrestling in donkey's years but I was big into it for a while so I skim through this thread from time to time. I don't have a clue about much of anything though and I'm not familiar with most of the names mentioned. 

Got to say though, I'm a bit surprised to see that Jushin Liger is still going. How's he looking these days and has he been working this whole time without any significant layoffs? What a run that gimmick must've had. He's been doing the Liger thing longer than The Undertaker gimmick's been going, hasn't he? You'd think a guy who worked that Junior heavy style so many years would've fallen to bits a long time ago. Has he had any standout matches I could check out over the last say 5-10 years or am I best to leave the memories be?