NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Didn't this end with Akebono killing his mum? 

Indeed. Probably the first and only matricide committed by a former egg baby via big splash in the history of sports or fiction.

23 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Indeed. Probably the first and only matricide committed by a former egg baby via big splash in the history of sports or fiction.

I've seen the initial tag match and the Yingling vs Akebono match but never seen the giving birth to the egg and akebono coming out of it. Does anybody have a link?

• Paid Members

The booking of Okada and Sanada until today has felt really odd. I have a weird feeling about Sanada getting a surprise upset (I appreciate it's super, super unlikely but something intangible makes me think that's the direction they're going. I am probably wrong). 

• Paid Members

Since Kenny lost the US belt I firmly believe he will either win the New Japan Cup and beat Okada at Sakura, or win the belt at Dominion. Before losing it to Naito, with Okada winning the G1. I like Sanada, but its a placeholder defence.

14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Since Kenny lost the US belt I firmly believe he will either win the New Japan Cup and beat Okada at Sakura, or win the belt at Dominion. Before losing it to Naito, with Okada winning the G1. I like Sanada, but its a placeholder defence.

I don’t think I can take another Okada/Naito Wrestle Kingdom main event, 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I don’t think I can take another Okada/Naito Wrestle Kingdom main event, 

Did you not enjoy the WK12 match? I was re-watching it just this morning, and I thought it told a brilliant story.

26 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Did you not enjoy the WK12 match? I was re-watching it just this morning, and I thought it told a brilliant story.

I did but was disappointed with the result, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy another between the 2 I feel though, I’d say I enjoyed the Suzuki/Okada G1 match more and of course the 3 Kenny/Okada matches.  Maybe it’s just the long run at the top that Okada has had that’s putting me off it.

Perhaps I’m just getting tired of the 3 top stars trading big matches between each other (Okada, Naito and Kenny) and hoping they create some bigger stars in the next few months. 

I’d enjoy some of the JRs mixing it up with the Heavyweights in singles too

Saying that though I don’t see Sanada beating Okada either, we’ll see who wins the New Japan Cup, the irony of that being i think Tanahashi returns to win it. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

23 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I think Tanahashi winning the new japan Cup sounds quite plausible, leading to revenge over Suzuki. 

On another note does anyone know if the Australia Fallout tour is selling well. Will this also lead to them promoting shoes over here instead of Global wars UK? 

I heard they sold out all the shows.

• Paid Members

A mate of mine has done a little piece for Voices of Wrestling on Sanada, and why Okada beating him might not be such a foregone conclusion. I still don't think they'll pull the trigger on an upset, but as previously mentioned I have a weird feeling about Sanada with the booking of this programme, and reading this hasn't made me feel any less conflicted.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/02/06/the-end-of-okada-sanadas-new-beginning/