NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Just noticed that if you use Google Calendar you can add the NJPW World broadcast schedule to it and have it automatically update. It's at the very bottom of the page at https://njpwworld.com/feature/schedule#googtrans(en) and you just click the + sign by "Google Calendar". It even adjusts it to UK time.

image.thumb.png.7d058333ffa441bd90db95fe868dcdb6.png

Taichi is fine in an undercard role. Should be nowhere near Naito though.

Have I missed something though? Having Taichi attack Naito out of nowhere seemed random as fuck. Got the impression from commentary that Taichi is feuding with Taguchi.

Only thing I can think of is a LIJ/Suzuki-gun feud. But surely they would have Suzuki do the deed himself if that was the case?

Hopefully Naito just squashes him.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Not too familiar with Omega's best matches and I've been wanting to watch a few of his top matches from 2015-current for maybe a custom set.

Put this list together: Think i have the essentials:

Kenny Omega vs Ryusuke Taguchi (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Kenny Omega vs Mascara Dorada (NJPW Invasion Attack 05/04/2015)
Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA (NJPW Dominion 07/05/2015)
Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10)
Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW The New Beginning In Niigata 02/14/2016)
Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin (NJPW Dominion 06/19/2016)
Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin (NJPW G1 Climax 26 - Day 8 07/30/2015)
Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito (NJPW G1 Climax 26 - Day 18 08/13/2016)
Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto (NJPW G1 Climax 26 - Day 19 08/14/2016)
Kenny Omega vs YOSHI-HASHI (NJPW Destruction In Hiroshima 2016 09/22/2016)
Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto (NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 10/10/2016)
Kenny Omega/Adam Cole/Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs Gedo/Hirooki Goto/Kazuchika Okada/Will Ospreay
Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11)
Kenny Omega/Cody & Young Bucks vs Kazuchika Okada/Will Ospreay/Briscoes (NJPW Honor Rising 03/27/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW New Japan Cup 03/12/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 05/03/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Dominion 06/11/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin (NJPW G1 USA Special 07/01/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW G1 USA Special 07/02/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Minoru Suzuki (NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 2 07/20/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Toru Yano (NJPW NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 6 07/25/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin (NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 8 07/27/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Satoshi Kojima (NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 10 07/30/2017)
Kenny Omega vs EVIL (NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 12 08/02/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson (NJPW G1 Climax 27 Day 14 08/05/2017)
Kenny Omega vs SANADA (NJPW G1 Climax 2017 Day 16 08/08/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW G1 Climax 2017 Day 18 08/12/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito (NJPW G1 Climax 2017 Day 19 08/13/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson (NJPW NJPW Destruction In Kobe 2017 09/24/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Beretta (NJPW Power Struggle 2017 11/05/2017)
Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12)
Kenny Omega vs Jay White (NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2018 Day 2 01/28/2018)
Edited by zep81

8 hours ago, zep81 said:

Not too familiar with Omega's best matches and I've been wanting to watch a few of his top matches from 2015-current for maybe a custom set.

Put this list together: Think i have the essentials:

If I were doing that (which I'm not), it'd be refined down to these. All of which appear on your list

vs KUSHIDA (NJPW Dominion 07/05/2015)
vs Tetsuya Naito (NJPW G1 Climax 26 - Day 18 08/13/2016)
vs Hirooki Goto (NJPW G1 Climax 26 - Day 19 08/14/2016)
vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11)
vs Tomohiro Ishii (03/12/17 - New Japan Cup)
vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Dominion 06/11/2017)
vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW G1 USA Special 07/02/2017)
vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW G1 Climax 2017 Day 18 08/12/2017)
vs Tetsuya Naito (NJPW G1 Climax 2017 Day 19 08/13/2017)
vs Chris Jericho (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12)

Seems a good enough time to admit it. I fucking love Taichi. He's cheesy, fun, but an utter dick. He's a welcome change of pace on an NJPW card, short cut city, better use of kicks than most indie darlings, plus he brings the Asian goth living Bratz doll, if you like that sort of thing. Which I do. I really do. Naito seemed to have a ball in their matches, so for a quick stopover feud, it works all round.

Given how much Gedo loves his redemption angles, I was genuinely half thinking Naito was going to drop a defeat in that one. I can still see one coming, maybe an early exit in the NJC will be the starting point.

Good little show. SANADA probably had his best singles match ever in the main event, I hope they follow through with the singles push they seem to be alluding to, he had the crowd going enough for him thanks to Okada's stellar heel work going into their match. I don't know how far he's going to go though really. At the moment, I see him sitting at a B+ player within the company hierarchy, floating around the IC title spot and being able to fit in seamlessly whenever they need to establish a champion or something along those lines. Ospreay/Hiromu was good but didn't manage to meet the great standards I had set for them. EVIL/Goto took a bit too long to get going, but they still managed to have a good closing stretch. 

It's a tricky one, trying to predict New Japan at the moment. I certainly wouldn't have predicted stuff like 3K vs Despy/Kanemaru, TAICHI vs Naito and Rey/Liger at the start of the year. They've done a great job making it unpredictable. Especially with Tanahashi, there's a number of situations for him. I don't see him winning the NJC (I'll hazard a guess it Ishii for now) but when he does come back you can have him try and take revenge on Suzuki, you can have him try and stop Okada from beating his defense record, maybe even something involving the tag championships. It's a really interesting time to be watching New Japan at the minute. You've got guys like Jay White, Juice, SANADA and EVIL all trying to establish themselves, Golden Lovers reuniting, Bullet Club fragmenting, Naito's presumable quest back to the championship, it's all going on at the minute.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

• Paid Members

I'm gonna go with Evil. Another defence for Okada to tick off, another chance to raise Evils profile, another show for Chaos v LIJ to be the focus without Naito getting his rematch yet.