NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

They've done Okada Vs EVIL though, haven't they? would they do it again so soon after the last one? Does BUSHI not get a chance?

7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They've done Okada Vs EVIL though, haven't they? would they do it again so soon after the last one? Does BUSHI not get a chance?

Nah, BUSHI is strictly within the Junior Heavyweight division and is currently nowhere near Okada in terms of stature. He might get a shot at Ospreay mind after beating Gedo.

The anniversary show card has been announced for March 6th

Kazuchika Okada Vs Will Ospreay - Non Title

Minoru Suzuki (c) Vs Tobe Makabe

Tetsuya Naito Vs Taichi

Roppongi 3k (c) Vs Kanemaru and El Desperado Vs Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI

Yoshi Hashi Vs. Sanada 

Manabu Nakanishi Vs Katsuya Kitamura

David Finlay and Juice Robinson Vs Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii

Edited by TildeGuy~!

4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Does this mean Okada is not actually entering the New Japan Cup?

IIRC, no singles champions are allowed to enter the New Japan Cup, so you'd be fine with EVIL and SANADA but Suzuki for instance would be a no no.

Card looks sweet for their Anniversary show. Okada/Opsreay should be fantastic, Makabe/Suzuki sounds good as long as there's limited Suzuki-Gun interference, though I'd like to see Makabe slide down the card considerably after he loses. Presumed Ishii/Yano would get their title shot here as they've been on a decent winning streak but presume we're going to have to wait, which is a shame. Ishii/Yano have a good straight guy / comedy guy dynamic but Ishii deserves so much more than sitting in NJPW's labouring tag division.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

IIRC, no singles champions are allowed to enter the New Japan Cup, so you'd be fine with EVIL and SANADA but Suzuki for instance would be a no no.

That was the impression I was under too, but I thought that Okada had mentioned wanting to enter in the post-match after he beat Sanada? 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, mim731 said:

That was the impression I was under too, but I thought that Okada had mentioned wanting to enter in the post-match after he beat Sanada? 

Correct. Which shouldn't shock anyone, Okada leads the way. The G1 winner going for the belt at Kingdom is a thing because he wanted it that way.

What’s really impressed me is the slowness of the storytelling. If one of your top groups leaders had been betrayed in wwe, we would have had the blow off match by now. Instead we get an ambiguous video where Kenny says golden lovers may be a thing again, and that’s about it. Not reading too much into the matches announced elsewhere, just good to have the story be so slow and suspenseful