The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Awards Moderator

I've drifted in and out of this batch of episodes, but the second Negan walked out I was gripped. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great, he's going to be one hell of an antagonist, and I have no idea how the characters are going to stop him. Excited for the next season, but I expect that'll dissipate if they do their usual 2-or-3-dull-ones-to-every-good-one episode ratio.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sorry but I thought the ending was poorly directed and executed it was like the director had just watched the ending of the Sopranos and thought he could pull it off as well.

I don't see any similarities between the two. What a weird post.

I enjoyed the episode overall. Carols storyline can fuck off though. Seeing the sheer terror in Rick's face was nerve shredding. The Guvnor was rubbish but I'm on board for Negan.

Finally watched last night. Probably the best scene the show has ever had.

Began will be cosplayed to death at the cons over the next 12 months for sure. Tall ones, short ones, far ones, skinny ones...all trying to look hard whilst wearing an ascot.

I bet it ends up being someone rubbish that he's killed, probably Aaron. When he started giving Carl some grief I thought it was going to be him and that all my Christmases had ome at once

Sorry but I thought the ending was poorly directed and executed it was like the director had just watched the ending of the Sopranos and thought he could pull it off as well.

I don't see any similarities between the two. What a weird post.

I enjoyed the episode overall. Carols storyline can fuck off though. Seeing the sheer terror in Rick's face was nerve shredding. The Guvnor was rubbish but I'm on board for Negan.

I was referring to the POV perspective that was happening when Negan was deciding who to attack.

I just think that the ending could have executed a lot better, but overal it was good episode.

• Paid Members

You can't go by the comics for the TV show though as they've changed quite a bit regarding who dies, how and when. Dale got killed off in S2 because Jeffrey DeMunn didn't want to be in it any more. In the comics he was killed off much later when he got bitten then had his leg eaten by the Terminus guys. That death was given to Bob Stookey instead. And, as I think I said previously, Carl's eye was taken out by Negan in the comic rather than Ron. Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics.

You can't go by the comics for the TV show though as they've changed quite a bit regarding who dies, how and when. Dale got killed off in S2 because Jeffrey DeMunn didn't want to be in it any more. In the comics he was killed off much later when he got bitten then had his leg eaten by the Terminus guys. That death was given to Bob Stookey instead. And, as I think I said previously, Carl's eye was taken out by Negan in the comic rather than Ron. Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics.

Carl lost his eye in similar circumstances to the comic tbh, it was in Alexandria when the walkers get in except it was the leader of the community who was blindly shooting in a panic instead of Ron trying to kill Rick.

Another key character difference would be Andrea, who is still in the comics now and was very different to the version we saw on TV

The biggest character change is Carol, surely?

For sure, apparently the actress who played Lori pleaded for Carol to survive in the show before she left and because of that T-Dog took her death instead.

In regards again to who got Lucilled, I pray it's Rosita - I know it won't be but the show has made me care about every other character in the line up.

• Paid Members

Ah, my mistake about Carl's eye. I knew it was different to the comic anyway. So yeah, you can't take what happens in the comic and apply it to the TV version.

On that note, I was thinking of starting on the comic. Is it any good?

Ah, my mistake about Carl's eye. I knew it was different to the comic anyway. So yeah, you can't take what happens in the comic and apply it to the TV version.

On that note, I was thinking of starting on the comic. Is it any good?

I enjoy it very much, you're best off going on Amazon and buying all 3 compendiums

• Paid Members

I think it was Abraham in the comics who got the arrow through the head instead of the lesbian doctor.

The actress who played Andrea was so terrible in every way. And has there been a main character more underdeveloped and pointless than T-Dogg in anything ever?

Archived