The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The thing is, I'd heard all week that it was going to be a cliffhanger but I refused to believe it as I didn’t believe – as inane and foolhardy as they can be at times – that the writers would finish what was probably the most anticipated episode ever of their show, like that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for cliffhangers, but this was just unnecessary.

If it was Glenn who took that hiding – and it seems to be, as Yuens’ contract is up - then it really is the most unnecessary cliffhanger of all time, considering we all know through the source material that he snuffs it at the hands of Negan.

Other than Glenn, Abraham or Daryl, I don't see anyone else it could be. Rosita, Sasha, Tara, Aaron or Eugene would be an anticlimax, and it's obviously not going to be Maggie, Michonne, Rick or Carl, so yeah, poxy.

They've killed any emotion or buzz people had in watching that finale, no ones gonna care 6 months down the line.

I bet we have to wait 3 or 4 episodes into season 7 to find out who got Lucilled too , the shit bags

Also the paw print early in the episode confirms Shiva will be in Season 7... Mental

• Paid Members

My heart was pounding as Negan was toying with everybody. Amazing bit of telly and while I did let out an audible "NO!" at the ending, it's not totally awful.

I agree the casting of Negan is on point. Handsome bugger is old Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

• Paid Members

I've just watched it for the third time, and I'm still fucked off about that cliffhanger.

I love Negans' dress sense, first off, and I can see that look catching on in a Tyler Durden way.

Secondly, the scene is so well acted and nobody put a foot wrong, that my pots have been gone every time I watched it.

Thirdly, I think it's Abraham.

• Paid Members

I've had withdrawal symptoms from social media all day but I didn't get spoilered. I absolutely loved that episode. I don't even care that they didn't reveal who got battered at the end because that cliffhanger was brilliant. Yes, it was a lot of build up for nothing but I sure as hell can't wait for October. I'm not sure it'll be Glenn as that might be too predictable. It was a very tense episode.

Holy hell, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is hot though. I can't wait to see where they take his character. Watching him on The Talking Dead was just mesmerising

• Paid Members

Fourth time watching the scene now as I type and when Negan introduces Lucille, the camera cuts to Glenn.

And obviously Glenn's stepping out of line when Negan threatened Maggie.

It's all a bit contrived and red herringy to be Glenn.

Bit yeah, Negan's my new hero.

Archived