The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I reckon it's Abraham though. I don't think it's Maggie; he's next to her; he's now a big enough regular to go; he's not Glenn or Daryl which would cause riots if either of them got it.

Dragging Rick into the trailor seems to suggest Negan's going to cut off his hand though which isn't good either.

I'be been rewatching from the beginning since Sky put the box sets up. It's great seeing how the SFX and characterisations have improved over the seasons.

• Paid Members

Negan won't kill a pregnant woman, of that I am sure, so it has to be Abraham.

The 'Right hand man' comment and Rick's reaction suggested otherwise though.

Could be Abraham and Glenn though?

Fully behind Monkee on the Ricks hand theory though. What a way to introduce Negan, all the same

Negan won't kill a pregnant woman, of that I am sure, so it has to be Abraham.

The 'Right hand man' comment and Rick's reaction suggested otherwise though.

Could be Abraham and Glenn though?

Fully behind Monkee on the Ricks hand theory though. What a way to introduce Negan, all the same

Can't see the hand going, it'd be a right bugger to CGI out every episode. Plus why do it in the trailer and not just right there? I have a feeling his punishment is going to be a little more..intimate.

Killing a character and chopping hand off in same episode would be overkill. Throw in the cgi tiger and im almost expecting Judy Bagwell to be found surviving still up on that forklift when they scavenge an arena in Atlanta

But if that's all that the series builds to, it will be rehashing what they've done before.

They've got 16 episodes to do something, something that isn't just going from one place to another.

As Ezekiel has been shown in the tv trailers, I'm guessing that he'll appear in the first episode anyway. But if it's going to be Morgan goes to the kingdom at the start of the series, and the rest is just the remaining gang get there at the end of the series, I'll be done.

I don't know exactly how I want everything to go other than I don't it to just be them going from A to B

• Moderators

Props for the genuine belief in here that it's not just going to be a dull, deflating disappointment, like TWD always is.

I'm amazed you've stuck with it this long.

In the last few years, I took up the personal philosophy that, if I'm going to shit all over something, I should at least watch/read/listen to that thing myself. I literally only keep watching (barely; it's background noise) to experience the weekly aghast feeling of the consistently terrible reactions the show gets, week after week, juxaposed with the fact it's still so big. Seriously, it's the worst show on television. Its ratings are the televisual "Boyzone are the best band because they sell the most records" of public idiocy. I feel like anyone who enjoys it unironically hasn't seen a single other TV show, so just doesn't realise.

Although in my defense, a bunch of times they hired actors I otherwise really liked, mostly from The Wire, so I wanted to see them. Of course, as they were black, they died pretty quickly, as they could only have one black at a time.

Not that the source material was any cop either.

I enjoy The Walking Dead, as the trashy B-Movie style horror show it is. I know a lot of people that like it way more than I do. I've never heard anyone refer to it as the 'worst show on television'. That feels like a stretch.

But, as for 'consistently terrible reactions', is that even true!?

I don't really read reviews, but a quick skim of audience review aggregators seems to put the latest season at between 75 and 80%. And Wikipedia has a sample of reactions from fairly legit sources that seem to refer to the first half of season 6 as 'mixed to positive' (in Wiki speak) and the second half as being 'critically acclaimed'.

I'd be amazed if it was consistently ragged on, and regarded as the worst show on TV in any more than certain snarky corners of the Internet. It's frustrating at times, but there's way worst out there.

Archived