The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Paid Members

I was looking on Amazon. Might just get compendium 1 first in case I don't like it rather than buying them all at once.

Andrea used to annoy me as well, such an insipid character. I can't believe how different she is in the comic. Having said that though, up until Terminus, Carol used to annoy the shit out of me. Now she's one of my favourites!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally seen this after waiting a week thanks to BT no longer having Fox. Just so uncomfortable to watch, it was briliantly paced and written that you knew from virtually the first few scenes on the road that they were being guided somewhere and there was nothing they can do about it. Theyve put them in peril so many times but there was always an outlandish out, but they made clear there wasnt here. And then the scene in the woods was just waiting for them to be killed, only to realise they wouldnt be but some body is going to have their skull caved in (we think). Still think theres a chance nobodies died and just took an all over pasting but probably not. What made it worse was that this is all their own fault, shitty decision making to attack Negen for virtually no reason but a few supplies, theyve taken stupid risks and theyre paying for them.

As a whole the series has been disappointing and id say its the first time the show isnt going in  direction where I could see logic, its alsmost started to become Lost in many ways. Im not that enthused by a series or two of Negen being around either, I just find the whole tribal element a bit boring now and would much rather them getting away from their current surroundings. Theres so much more they could touch upon back in the city rather than it just being about running into rival gang after rival gang all the time.

ps. I thought he said 'taking it like a champ' rather than man, too.

Wait, you are NOT enthused by a series or two of Negan?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan being cool is the biggest hook dragging me back for season 7. I hope he's in every scene.

Obviously I will watch, I still enjoy the show. Im just someone that isnt really fussed about them staying true to the comics at all so would rather they go for something a little bit different. To me, having not read the comics, it just seems like another gang style story with another evil leader. Id rather they ventured out a bit and explored back into the city. To me, the logical step in the storyline for Rik and t'others is to now abandon Alexandria and get as far away from Negan as possible.

• 3 months later...

So, folks, we have a trailer;

Going to spoiler my very brief thoughts, in case anyone is in the NO TRAILERS brigade.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not ridiculously excited but I'm not sure what this show needed was a big, fuck-off CGI Tiger..

• 2 months later...

Archived