The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

I don't think saying "take it like a man" would necessarily rule out a woman anyway. A bit of jovial misogyny to go with a braining seems like something he might do.

Stupid question but does anyone actually have to die? Could he not just beat the shit out of them. He didn't actually say he was going to kill one did he?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think saying "take it like a man" would necessarily rule out a woman anyway. A bit of jovial misogyny to go with a braining seems like something he might do.

Stupid question but does anyone actually have to die? Could he not just beat the shit out of them. He didn't actually say he was going to kill one did he?

That's kind of the Saviours thing though, killing 1 person to put everyone else in line, they kept mentioning it throughout the episode

Yeah they've said it shit loads but one thing they love to do on The Walking Dead is have an off screen fake death. I reckon if Glenn signs a new contract they'll have him beaten to within an inch of his life but if not they'll just kill him off.

I've been thinking about it - and pretty much nothing else - for the last 24 hours plus, and after all my feelings to contrary, I believe it's Glenn now.

Mainly because Yuens' contract is up, but because I also believe Maggie loses their baby, which would lead to Negan probably sticking the mouth on her and having her as an unwilling ‘bride’ further cementing his lead antagonist status among fans.

Negan. He’ll always be my hero.

He only wants ass that's willing.

• Paid Members

The rule in Walking Dead is that unless you see them die on screen, they ain't dead. So as things stand, nobody's dead yet. It did look like a death scene, but I wouldn't put it past them to cop out of it. In any case, I'm expecting it to be one of the men- hopefully Glen.

That fucking ending. I miss the days when you tuned in to a new series of something because you actually wanted to rather than just so you could get closure after some half-arsed manipulative cliffhanger. Just finish all the arcs for the season and leave the characters in a new location for later.

I watched Talking Dead for the first time to prolong the JDM, and writer Scott Gimple defended the ending saying that was the end of the story. No it's fucking not. That implies anyone could die and it would have the same effect on the whole group, which is either an admission of terrible writing up to that point, or an admission that you don't know how to end it, which is worse, because then you've actively wasted everyone's time.

This season has been really topsy-turvy. They just don't seem to know how to keep up pace and momentum even during breather episodes. Just give us a straight story, with some freaky zombie situations, and a couple of zingers from Daryl and Abe. Plus more of Rick melting, because only Jonny Lee Miller has a better psychological breakdown in one shot.

Finally, my money's on Aaron. Dialogue ensures Rick and Carl are safe, the producers daren't bin Michonne or Daryl, Rosita is nothing, Sacha and Abe aren't important enough to be a big deal, Eugene needs to be around as the weak one now Father Gabe's gone militant, and Glenn's a red herring. With Aaron being Maggie's fwend while Glenn was off being dead, having him cark it means more stress on her, and more tension between her and Glenn, while not massively affecting the wider group.

I was convinced Daryl was going to gay up with him though. It is pretty much the only reason to have him on board the happy bus though.

The Walking Dead is a lot like wrestling in the way it's the big moments that make you sit through the weeks of underwritten characters, terrible promos and nothing story lines.

It's also like wrestling in that you can watch it for years despite absolutely fucking despising it. That Negan scene is the first great scene the show has ever had. Watching it, I think I felt like the awful people felt watching CM Punk sit down on the stage talking about ice cream. Same hairstyles they've got too.

I thought it was great up until the final shot.

Not because that was inherently poor in and of itself but because a) cliffhangers have been done to death on this show recently and b) I hated the ketchup running down the camera lense.

It's a trick they've used a lot recently, and usually I hate it because it's not a POV shot so where the fuck is the blood landing? We're not supposed to believe there's a camera there. This time I hate it because, who has ever had blood run down their eyes like that?

Cobblers.

Jeffrey Dean looked in rude health.

Archived