The Gaming thread - anything but video games

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

My lady and I did Valentine's a day early as we're probably not going to see each other tomorrow. She got me Llamas Unleashed. I'm looking forward to giving it a crack at some point. We got Exploding Kittens at Christmas and have been enjoying that a lot. I'm eyeing up the expansions for it. 

• Paid Members

I played Fallout a while ago, it was a lot of fun. Also, a couple of friends of mine got me Sagrada two birthdays ago, and it's been a tremendous find - it's not something you can spend all evening playing, but it's definitely good for two or three any evening you do play before moving on to something else.

Facebook's been demonstrating why I should get the Purity app, because it's now frequently shoving boardgame Kickstarter ads on my feed, and there are so many tempting ones. I've only put down for one, though, which did sound amazing - Migration Mars. But I have to admit to being also tempted by The Lost Worlds of Josh Kirby, both as a gamer and as a Pratchett fan.

Not sure if this technically is the right thread, as it's a phone based one, but has anyone heard of or played a CluedUpp game?  We've signed up to the Magical Mystery one in Manchester.  Essentially it looks like a murder mystery game that uses the city as the board.  You have to go to locations, solve clues and find the murderer.  You can have 6 in a team and looks like it could be fun.

https://www.cluedupp.com 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not sure if this technically is the right thread, as it's a phone based one, but has anyone heard of or played a CluedUpp game?  We've signed up to the Magical Mystery one in Manchester.  Essentially it looks like a murder mystery game that uses the city as the board.  You have to go to locations, solve clues and find the murderer.  You can have 6 in a team and looks like it could be fun.

https://www.cluedupp.com 

I did a London based one with some work mates a while ago.

It was really good fun, but only if you’re with like minded people who want to have a laugh and do it properly. 

• Paid Members
On 2/8/2020 at 9:29 AM, Onyx2 said:

Ahhh, love a good painting session. My last lot were the Fallout minis:

20200208_092739-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.f4f588635f5793b69ae48598a38237c5.jpg

I miss painting. I haven’t painted super mini figures in donkeys. The last thing I painted was a custom piece for a competition. The theme was Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat. Rules were to Make a custom and be as creative as you want. So I went with a hybrid of Blanka & Kabal (Kablanka).
F15DD8C9-67AE-4404-ACAB-B5BFDF099282.thumb.jpeg.298f097a02bcab4cab9672b87e9cd72b.jpeg
44A0C8F9-CB10-480A-ACD0-79C2A814BCE6.thumb.jpeg.4df831aac6c1b8e6956866e07312c939.jpeg 
799435AF-4FF7-4D70-8A49-4415E158A92A.thumb.jpeg.7ccf7642fa08eefee94fd556c5b6ab7c.jpeg

Anyway, I made it a couple of years ago and swear by citadel paints for everything. I fancy getting back in to miniature painting, and was a big fan of necromunda redemptionist & goliath figures back in the day. Is there anything similar these days? Also, are GM stores friendly with people who just want to go and paint, even if not GM products?

49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nice!  I got the ticket and it's just my and my girlfriend at the moment but I think we will just keep it like that so we can do it at our pace and have fun.  There's something for the out of context thread if ever I saw it.

Just signed up for the wizardy and witches one in Kingston in June for me and the kids, so cheers for the heads up on that. Don't think the one I did was that particular company, was more of a treasure hunt .

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I miss painting. I haven’t painted super mini figures in donkeys. The last thing I painted was a custom piece for a competition. The theme was Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat. Rules were to Make a custom and be as creative as you want. So I went with a hybrid of Blanka & Kabal (Kablanka).
F15DD8C9-67AE-4404-ACAB-B5BFDF099282.thumb.jpeg.298f097a02bcab4cab9672b87e9cd72b.jpeg
44A0C8F9-CB10-480A-ACD0-79C2A814BCE6.thumb.jpeg.4df831aac6c1b8e6956866e07312c939.jpeg 
799435AF-4FF7-4D70-8A49-4415E158A92A.thumb.jpeg.7ccf7642fa08eefee94fd556c5b6ab7c.jpeg

Anyway, I made it a couple of years ago and swear by citadel paints for everything. I fancy getting back in to miniature painting, and was a big fan of necromunda redemptionist & goliath figures back in the day. Is there anything similar these days? Also, are GM stores friendly with people who just want to go and paint, even if not GM products?

Games Workshop will give you advice on their  range, but if you bring anything out that’s not, they cower like vampires in the sunlight, the silly virgin bastards.

• Paid Members

Played a couple of cracking games the last couple of days.  Roll Player is a game about crafting a D&D type character.  But like Yahtzee but much more depth.  The other one is Marvel Champions.  Similar to Arkham Horror lcg but a lot faster playing.  Great fun.

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah I've still got an old copy of Talisman laying here barely played, it's why I never stumped up the cash for the Dark Souls game and bought the cheaper Bloodborne card game instead.

Dark Souls is a great game, with many of the models being a  single piece or minimal building. The fact that you can play it single player is quite attractive, but when it is a group of 4 people strategizing together to beat Ormstein and Smough it gets to the next level.