Sign in to follow this  
Thunderplex

The Gaming thread - anything but video games

35 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Ooh that's pretty close to me, do they have many games like that going on as I've been really wanting to play some Shadowrun.

They told me there was a shortage of DMs so probably not :(

3 minutes ago, Nexus said:

They told me there was a shortage of DMs so probably not :(

I guess I better learn how to DM then, I kinda have a 5e thing in the works but it's going to be tough as it's pretty out there and maybe a little too edgy in ways. I could possibly convert it to Shadowrun and it may work better in that setting.

Been away with friends this week. We've packed in 5 games of Betrayal Legacy. 

Now I do like the vanilla version, but half the group hadn't played it before. It started well however a few games in the lack of rule clarity in the haunts was starting to drag us down. It threatened to really halt our progress and frustration built. After reading a few posts online it helps if you lean heavily into the storytelling and just accept the random number generator that the game is. Once we made peace with that we've barrelled through it, RPing like absolute idiots and having a great time. 

Spent three hours in Thirsty Meeples today, and played Keyforge (which is a CCG deckbuilder with a twist), which was fun, Agamemnon, which was excellent, and The Captain is Dead, which is a co-operative game where our ship got killed. RIP.

Enjoyed it though, and bought the Keyforge starter set and the Patchwork Express.