Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bump a relatively old thread but there was a comment on Reddit today that made me want to discuss something in here.

Does anyone else feel the same way I do about Holy Foley, in that I absolutely fucking despise it? It's one of the few things I'll actively avoid watching on the Network, in that if I hear the guitar riff of the entrance theme on the telly I'm switching it straight off in favour of the flickering of my PlayStation XrossmediaBar.

The "loveable" Foley family aren't loveable AT ALL. Noelle seems to have very little personality beyond "attractive daughter of famous person" and I couldn't be less arsed about her making it as a wrestler, his wife's weirdo doll fetish isn't endearing, it's just weird, and Mick's sons haven't done owt wrong but the youngest two both have irritating voices and the eldest one looks like he's one large doner away from a stroke.

The terrible animated title sequence, Mick's general appearance and the fact they're throwing time and money at this shite rather than Legends Roundtables, Steve Austin Podcasts or old Livewire episodes is really frustrating. I'd love to know who enjoys this shit or wants to see a second season, because I sure as fuck don't.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

I've never seen a single minute of it because it sounds like one of the worst shows on TV. Like yourself Otto, I can't for the life of me figure out why they are pumping money into this compared with many other options that seem more interesting, and would cost less to produce, such as the podcasts, roundtables and things like that.

Having said that, anytime new episodes go up they are in the most viewed top 10 of the week, so there are some eijits out there that like the idea of even more of Mick the Mental than they get on Raw each week.

• Paid Members

Never bothered to watch a second of it either. The daughter is someone who would show up in Big Brother and would only have shagging Callum Best in the pool as something interesting enough to keep her in. She's a plank of wood. Makes Brooke Hogan comes off as Sherri Martel by comparison. And her Dad dresses as Santa and her boyfriend is a literal fucking clown. There's more wrong with that brain than Mankinds.

Sad to admit, I watched the whole series as Total Divas/Bellas is one of my guilty pleasure shows and I thought it'd be along the same lines but it is god awful, Colette's doll fetish and obsession with making Noelle just like her makes Natayla and her crazy cat lady issues on TD look normal, Mick is Mick, Mickey and the other brother are annoying brats, Noelle doesn't seem to have the fitness levels to be a wrestler and poor Dewey seems to be the only level headed one in the entire family

The problem is they need stuff like this, Swerved, Camp WWE and the like to keep things fresh. I'd rather they keep a regular flow of stuff like Ride Along, Table for 3 and Story Time, 15-20 min fillers to pass time or upload more older content like Superstars, Heat and Thunder to fill in gaps on storylines if people are running through periods of shows/PPVs