Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Email from WWE says the next episode of WWE 24 is a doc on Booker T.

Is there a date for that Booker doc?

Monday Feb 23rd immediately following Raw.

Thanks.

Was there a description of the content of the doc too at all?

• Paid Members

Do you that list you have, "things that shouldn't annoy you, but do". 

So, like I've said previously, been going through the classic ECW PPVs and Joey Styles is rattling off the wrestlers previous achievements, and I know it's been edited, but hearing someone called a former "WW" champion just grinds my gears. It doesn't sound right! 

• Paid Members

Is there different shows on the Network if you're in the States, compared to in the UK? The only reason I ask is that mine is still set up with an American log in, and my brother has UK. He said yesterday that he was watching Tough Enough, but I couldn't find it anywhere on mine?

• Awards Moderator

Absolutely zero geoblocking, which is what's causing issues with Main Event.

Tough Enough is definitely on there, it's just that the search is so screwy. Tough Enough is under the "Originals" section as I type.

• Awards Moderator

It's great finally being able to catch with the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable. So much fun.

You might recall that Silver Vision released one volume of this.

98pYsZ6.jpg

(I made that cover image there  :nerd: )

It took me and Zeusy Steve hours of blood, sweat and urine to get just this one released. When we heard these were being released by WWE US, we jumped on them, knowing our rabid collectormanic fans would love this full set of old-school chatter. We knew it wouldn't fly in the shops, this had web-exclusive written all over it. When we asked for the series, we met with the SV person who's job it is to sign off these releases. They are... unique to deal with and the sole reason why many interesting titles never hit these shores. To say they didn't want to release these were an understatement. "We already have a Hulk Hogan title," (one of the original releases) "who's Bob Backlund?" and many such conversations. This took months, meanwhile the audience were off importing it and torrenting it instead of waiting.

Finally they relented and let us release the Heatseekers title (I can't remember why this one was chosen), and providing it hit a certain sales figure the rest would be released. The target was 15,000 units if memory serves. We pushed the hell out of it, through newsletters, ad campaigns, Google advertising, mail order promos...

It did hit the target but took longer than projected to hit this, by which point we were told that it proved it wasn't popular and not worth having. The rest of the series was never released in the Europe.

It's somewhat satisfying to finally be able to watch the original series.

• Awards Moderator

Darty, people bought the bloody Music Videos DVD. Which you could watch for free on WWE.Com. I answered hundreds of emails asking for LoW. Demand really wasn't the issue. WWE fans will buy anything.

It was probably £11.99 on release.