The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

Had some blood tests back and was asked to book an appointment with my doctor. Turns out my liver reading was not great. I'm not completely surprised if I'm being honest, I absolutely smashed the drink when I was in my early 20's at Uni right up until about 3 years ago. Since then the arrival of my daughter and hitting my 30's has meant I've become a "bottle of red at the weekend" type of guy.

Still, if I need to give up alcohol all together then so be it. Being healthy and around for my family is incomparible with the feeling of getting shit faced at weekends. I will miss the red wine with the weekend meal though.

• Paid Members
First marathon coming up on Sunday!

That's fantastic! I'm sure the support and adrenaline will help you along the way. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Got back onto it today, as I've decided I'm off to Bloodstock in August. 9 mile bike ride this morning and some clean eating today. Going to do some free weights tomorrow before repeating what I've done today on wednesday.

Having a goal like that is great. That's what I really needed to get my arse into gear. And I needed a goal that wasn't moveable (e.g. if it was for a wedding then it wouldn't really matter if I was still a blob by the time it came around because I'd still get a decent outfit to fit) so Kili is perfect for me.

Speaking of which, here's my most recent blog entry: I finally passed my 'golden line', bought my boots and broke my Fitbit.

First marathon coming up on Sunday!

Training was going really well up until a month ago (did about 200 miles in 7 weeks) when my knee went again. I

• Moderators

Related to this thread, I signed up for a CSA the other day. Quite excited to start getting my weekly box of veg/fruit direct from the farm. It's cheap, and everything I've read indicates that you get a shit load of food everyweek. Will be a challenge to use it all, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Moderators
I flat out refuse to do any exercise except the following:

Squat

Bench

Deadlift

Weighted chins

Weighted dips

Military press

I've done no cardio in over 2 years and that's a true story.

I'd put my lifting stats against anyone on here though

BTW, before he posts his numbers, I know Ironic Indie Lad and he's a notorious straps/lifting gloves lad. He claims that he has to wear gloves otherwise it affects his guitar playing in his shitty band "The Clusters".

• Paid Members

Can't tell if neil's just hopped on the banter bus with that last comment but if he's talking truth then it definitely cancels out Lads claims.

Why do I associate Indie Lad with Mr. Seven? I'm thinking I once thought they were one and the same, or did they have some beef?

I flat out refuse to do any exercise except the following:

Squat

Bench

Deadlift

Weighted chins

Weighted dips

Military press

I've done no cardio in over 2 years and that's a true story.

I'd put my lifting stats against anyone on here though

BTW, before he posts his numbers, I know Ironic Indie Lad and he's a notorious straps/lifting gloves lad. He claims that he has to wear gloves otherwise it affects his guitar playing in his shitty band "The Clusters".

:laugh:

Bet he uses a tampon on the bar when he's squatting too.

Did the Brighton Marathon in 4 hours 35 minutes. To be honest, I might have struggled to crack 4 hours had I been injury free with a full training schedule behind me. Nothing prepares you for those last 5-6 miles which feel like about 15. Lost a toenail around that point too, which at least distracted me from the pain in my knee. Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done physically, last two days I've felt like someone has thrashed every inch of my legs with a baseball bat. I was thinking beyond this race, I may look to do even longer runs but fuck that. For now, I'm going to treat myself to a boozy,glutinous Easter where I do very little in the way of fitness work.