The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

After thinking drinking slightly less beer and walking into work was the reason I'd lost 3 stone it turns out I actually have Type I diabetes which fairly sucks. Plus side is it's made me re-evaluate my diet completely and now generally just eatingsloads of salad, nuts, yoghurt, berries and fish. Got to inject insulin but I'm low carbing by my standards (about 100g a day) and manage to be controlling it ok thus far (about a month).

I got the news on the day I left for my stag do which wasn't ideal. Still I'm feeling ok about it now to the point where it's not completely on my mind all the time like it was the first couple of weeks. As a result I don't think I'll be doing the marathon I was considering doing in october but will try for another half some point later in the summer. haven't done one since my first about 6 years ago.

On the plus side of diabetes I'm very almost at a healthy BMI now due to my body breaking itself down for fuel as it couldn't get it from the usual channels.

I've fallen off the wagon as far as my dieting goes a little bit recently. I big part of this is down to the fact that I've had my shifts swapped about a bit recently, since I seem to be covering for people who are using up the last of their holiday before April. Because of this a lot of my shifts are changing about and I've not really had time to prepare food to take with me to work. Hopefully in April I'll be back to a proper schedule and I can get on the diet properly.

• Paid Members

Well, I got to the 7stone lost level before christmas, but have crept back up to only having lost 6 1/2. Now weighing in at 14stone 4 ish.

The last month has been so depressing for me.

I'm not enjoying my new life in Sweden (which I mentioned on here before I left back in Aug last year), so much so that I have quit a well paid and secure job, to come back to the UK with nothing. Some friends are calling me stupid, but hey-ho, a blokes gotta think of life over money/work sometimes. I have spent much of my free time this year at the appartment, on my own, eating. I am suprised that its only 1/2 a stone I have put back on.

I'll get back into the old routine when I'm home, and need to, I can't afford to out grow the new wardrobe of 'better fitting' clothes I invested in over christmas with the help of some friends. A couple of shirts are already feeling a bit tighter. :(

• Paid Members

I can now squeeze into a size 36 jeans, which is a great success as I couldn't even get close to shutting them at the start of the year. Still probably got about 2 stone to go to look like a respectable human, but at least most of my clothes fit a bit better again.

Also, I forgot what it felt like not to sweat like a mad man on the way to work.

• Paid Members

I did a 13-mile walk yesterday morning for the first time in ages and I'm paying for it today. I'm walking like I've shit myself. My hips are killing me. I'm hoping once I get properly into it it'll get easier.

Some of you guys are amazing though. Losing 6 1/2st is brilliant. I hope I can reach my goal like that.