The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
To follow up my own post. A foam roller is a solid investment, it's like giving yourself a massage. Very easy to use.

Richie- your legs are going to be more sore tomorrow FYI. I would suggest you keep yourself mobile as much as possible and do some stretching throughout the day.

I forget to say thanks for the recommendation Neil. Not sure how much it will benefit, but I bought one today to help with my calf issues.

I fancied having a pop at that DDP yoga, my flexibility is a shambles and surely a contributing factor to my array of niggles. Problem is, that DDP yoga thing says 3-6 weeks for delivery. Sod that. It's really the sort of thing you buy to get cracking ASAP. Is there an equivalent that I'll be able to get before old age? Or, indeed, is it even worth it?

• Paid Members
I fancied having a pop at that DDP yoga, my flexibility is a shambles and surely a contributing factor to my array of niggles. Problem is, that DDP yoga thing says 3-6 weeks for delivery. Sod that. It's really the sort of thing you buy to get cracking ASAP. Is there an equivalent that I'll be able to get before old age? Or, indeed, is it even worth it?

Have a pop at

to see if yoga is your thing. I try to do it at least once a week and it's surprisingly tough if you take it seriously.

So half marathon training has hit a snag. I ran ten miles last week at around 8 minute mile pace and when I hit 9.5 miles my legs and particularly the outside of my left knee just immediately started feeling really painful as I ran, this was after feeling really good for the whole run. I carried on for a half a mile and from that point on I was just limping and couldnt even manage a light jog home. I was limping and in a bit of pain for about 5 or 6 days after and then today (9 days alter) decided to go out for a run and planned to try 10 miles again. After about a mile I started feeling a twinge on the outside of my left knee (nowhere else this time) and it just slowly got more and more painful until the pain was very sharp and I had to stop about 3.5 miles. Its not very achy and little bit painful in the same spot when I get up and stretch my leg out. Anybody got any idea of what it might be or what could be causing it? Ive never really ran long distance before so im thinking it could be my knees not being used tot he impact or it could be my running style which is quite heavy footed and i seem to plant int he floor quite hard when I land. Also, any suggestions for making it better?

So half marathon training has hit a snag. I ran ten miles last week at around 8 minute mile pace and when I hit 9.5 miles my legs and particularly the outside of my left knee just immediately started feeling really painful as I ran, this was after feeling really good for the whole run. I carried on for a half a mile and from that point on I was just limping and couldnt even manage a light jog home. I was limping and in a bit of pain for about 5 or 6 days after and then today (9 days alter) decided to go out for a run and planned to try 10 miles again. After about a mile I started feeling a twinge on the outside of my left knee (nowhere else this time) and it just slowly got more and more painful until the pain was very sharp and I had to stop about 3.5 miles. Its not very achy and little bit painful in the same spot when I get up and stretch my leg out. Anybody got any idea of what it might be or what could be causing it? Ive never really ran long distance before so im thinking it could be my knees not being used tot he impact or it could be my running style which is quite heavy footed and i seem to plant int he floor quite hard when I land. Also, any suggestions for making it better?

A dr appt. if its rested a week, and it's still there, then nothing from on here will fix it. Shame tho as that's good going with last weeks run if it's a race stopper