The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Psychotic episodes are a whole ton of fun, aren't they? Been hearing voices and they increased massively a month ago and convinced me to top myself.  They are really charming fuckers and I believed them when they were telling me that people would be better off in the long run without me.

My girlfriend unexpectedly came home as I was about 50 pills to the good with about 50 still to go, she called 999 and kept me semi conscious for 44 minutes until they arrived. Pro tip, don't use alcohol to wash them down with or you'll throw up and it won't work.

In hospital for a while and was released back into the wild under the care of the mental health unit.  Had an evaluation with the first response team who said I didn't meet their threshold as they mainly deal with residential care, I think that means sectioning, so back to the primary care unit I go.  Apparently I might have psychotic depression which sounds lovely.

These illnesses are liars, lads.  They are charming and convincing, but they are liars.

Ah Keith, so sorry to hear about this man. Hope you're getting a little better and that you can get a diagnosis of whether it is definitely psychotic depression ASAP. Inbox is always open in the unlikely event that I can be of any help whatsoever. 

Cheers, I'm paranoid as fuck as well lately, keep thinking someone in the street is going to laugh or swing at me.  Seeing the doctor this afternoon so hopefully I can get new meds as these ones have stopped working.

I missed you set of cunts, if that isn't a sure sign of a mental disorder I don't know what is!

Shitting hell Keith, so sorry to hear this mate, I suffer badly from depression but not had affects that you have had, I hope you get the help you need and turn the corner, take it day by day and just try get better for you and for your family and mrs.

• Moderators

Fucking hell, came in here to post something and was shocked to read about that Keith. That sounds like a living nightmare and gives me chills just thinking about it. In solid agreement with everyone else that I hope you get all the treatment and support that you need.

It was an odd feeling.  I was convinced that it was such a logical, sensible thing to do.  I went to the shop and bought more paracetamol as I'd been stacking up on them, sat down and started gulping them down.  It felt as sensible as locking your car when you get out of it.  Was even trying to comfort my girlfriend telling her its for the best and she should let me go with an odd smile on my face.

• Paid Members

Jesus, that sounds horrifying Keith. The 'sensible as locking your car' part is an aspect of these illnesses that I'd never really contemplated before. Makes you think about all the poor folk that have been lost that way. I hope you're on the mend and getting the help you need. Keep your chin up Kid.

Has anyone bought the Fitbit Blaze or Surge, looking at buying one of them to kickstart my fitness drive, signed back to the gym, so want to motivate myself and have goals and the Fitbit will help with that, does anyone recommend using it or is there another product similar I can buy.

• 3 weeks later...

I've come off Citalopram and switched to Sertraline, I was told to expect it to be rocky for a while but my head is all over the shop.  Panicky, massive mood swings and general fear.  I know, hope, it'll level out in a week or so but I'm fucked.

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've come off Citalopram and switched to Sertraline, I was told to expect it to be rocky for a while but my head is all over the shop.  Panicky, massive mood swings and general fear.  I know, hope, it'll level out in a week or so but I'm fucked.

Same, about 6 months ago. Absolute dog shit first few weeks mate, but hang in there, it gets better