The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Club or whole, still a great compliment to you as a person.  It's not awarded lightly (excuse the pun, but can't think of a better phrase) and you must be inspiring the other people there.  As someone who struggles with weight issues, I'm impressed.

So, it's 3 months ago today that me and the missus had a picture taken at my best mates wedding and we both went 'oh fucking hell, we need to do something about this'. She was only mildly overweight, but bigger than she'd ever been, but I was 18st10 and despite knowing deep down how unhealthy I had become, I never really had a lightbulb moment before. I ignored how breathless I'd get going up stairs, or how my knees and back hurt, or how I couldn't run for a bus.

Since then I've done DDP Yoga for a bit, moved on to Crossfit for a month and now I've started down the local Virgin Active doing my take on the crossfit workouts (cheaper that way). All the while I've been super strict on my diet, having one (moderate) cheat a week.

On Friday I weighed myself, I was down to 14st9. The lowest I've been in years and years. Still got about 2 stone to go, but am unashamedly proud of myself.

By chance, we had another wedding yesterday and someone took a photo which served as a good comparison piece:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenHanley12/status/896818577596182533/photo/1

And I know this post is a bit myopic and self-congratulatory but fuck it. For the first time in about 6 or 7 years I don't feel self conscious going out, or feel that people are looking at me and the missus thinking 'whys she with that fat cunt?'

I just hope I can make it stick now!

Yeah, it's coming off quickly. Don't know whether that's because in my teens and early 20's I was in really good shape or what, but it's certainly a boost. I hate to use the word 'luck', as I really have worked my dick off the last 3 months, but I am lucky that it's coming off quickly. I can be quite prone to negative outlooks, and am by nature quite faddy, so I think if I hadn't seen good results each week (like 3,4 or even 5 lbs lost) I reckon I'd have sacked it off and found something else to occupy me.

Progress inspires progress it seems. My one worry is my 2 week holiday in September. We're going to the wife's parents place in Spain, and I may try and sniff out a gym for the first week and then have a proper rest the second! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Due to the language barrier and Google being no help, I'm wondering if any of you can help. 

My Gamma GT is 82. I understand this is higher than the norm, <55 is on the form. However my ideal weight is 12 stone which I'm not going to be without a wasting disease, when I was in the best shape of my life I was 14 & 1/2 stone. 

So, anyway I've got to go to a radiologie centre for something, a scan I think but we'll find out soon enough. 

Anyway is 82 that high or is it one of those where people are walking around with it in the hundreds? They assume this is why in so tired all the time, but I'm not sure how the two connect. 

• Paid Members

Right, I've posted in this thread before, a couple years back I think it was. Suffice it to say that I have not succeeded in becoming not a fat fuck. The amount of weight I've put on this year alone is fucking crazy. Obviously, I need to cut out the Pepsi Max Cherry, chocolate and sweets and eat just generally in a better way. Anybody got any links to good websites that have things like basic workout routines that can all be done on the cheap at home, things like that? Thanks.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Right, I've posted in this thread before, a couple years back I think it was. Suffice it to say that I have not succeeded in becoming not a fat fuck. The amount of weight I've put on this year alone is fucking crazy. Obviously, I need to cut out the Pepsi Max Cherry, chocolate and sweets and eat just generally in a better way. Anybody got any links to good websites that have things like basic workout routines that can all be done on the cheap at home, things like that? Thanks.

DDP Yoga chief. 20-30 min vids & as easy/difficult as you want to make it. Pretty sure lots of them are on youtube.