The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Not really, as long as you've enough room to stretch out, lie on the floor with your arms & legs extended you're good.

OK, cheers. I'll have a look. 

I want to get my fitness levels, especially cardiovascular, to within a decent range and then maybe look at doing a sport - perhaps a combat sport. 

On 8/28/2017 at 7:43 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Right, I've posted in this thread before, a couple years back I think it was. Suffice it to say that I have not succeeded in becoming not a fat fuck. The amount of weight I've put on this year alone is fucking crazy. Obviously, I need to cut out the Pepsi Max Cherry, chocolate and sweets and eat just generally in a better way. Anybody got any links to good websites that have things like basic workout routines that can all be done on the cheap at home, things like that? Thanks.

www.darebee.com has loads of workouts and a good community, can target what you want from short 30mins to longer work outs.. 

Cossfit is horrific for your joints, it's lots of lifting weights whilst doing dumb shit like forward rolls with a barbell on your shoulder. I have seen so many people do a squat with weights then drop that weight on their neck because they aren't using a squat rack. Honestly I would avoid it like the plague unless you want fucked knees, neck, spine and shoulders.

A lot of crossfit gyms do fitness classes now, usually called stuff like 'FIT CLASS' or 'CONDITIONING CLASS'. If they've got that, it may be worth looking into as those classes usually strip away the silly shit (like heavy weights fast for time) and focus on beasting your cardio. That's how I got myself started back in to fitness.

Actual crossfit has never been my thing, though.

Without sounding an old piss stain, you cant beat a quick walk, a gentle jog and lifting weights that are well within your bodyweights natural limits. Cut out the stuff you know is bad for you, you already know what needs to be done. It's great to push yourself if you want to bulk up etc.... but if you to just get your weight down, you don't need to look online for new found excercise routines. Theres no shortcuts to achieving what you want with weight loss, it's one of the only things in life where you genuinally get out what you put in. Some bodies vary how quickly they react to excercise but over a sustained period of time if you stick to it you will get there.

You need to make excercise as much of part of your daily life as brushing your teeth, or going shopping. Dont expect quick results and dont weigh yourself to often. 

Skip.

22 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Yeah that is true as I am 21 stone and if I walk for 90 minutes I burn nearly 3,000 calories, might have to do that drinking water first thing in the morning, I heard eating water melon first thing is good as well.

A brisk 90 minute walk will only burn roughly 300 calories.Drinking water is great and all, but it won't speed up your metabolism. The main things to do is to cut out the majority of sugar, try to find alternatives to shit like fizzy pop and crisps.

• Awards Moderator
13 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

can someone recommend me a cheap android based fitnesswatch?

If you have an Android phone, Google Fit is free and full featured. If you have an Apple Health is baked in.