Survivor Series 2013 thread

Fatty Facesitter

Just got through watching, and I mean got though.

Christ, that was a poor show. Only good thing to come out of it is the start of the build for Roman Reigns, everything else was either:

- good but nothing special: Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatts fell into this. As much as I have said that Eric Rowan is shite and should be nowhere near a WWE ring, I thought he looked OK in this match, probably due to be being led through it by everyone else, but still he looked better here than any other time I'd seen him.

- pretty forgettable : Langston vs. Axel, you know your low on the pecking order when your match has a graphic advert for Miz's TV Christmas film

- 'who booked this crap' forgettable: Divas Survivor Series Match, so much so that Cole and The Gang forgot that Nikki Bella was still in the match

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just me whos not a fan of te current WWE product, basically im not a fan of a bunch of generic young guys in tights doing the same routine matches with little or no psychology. Generic boring storylines that lead no where and the same fueds repackaged every few months. From what iv read on this post it seems some people do agree with me. I just wish WWE would cater for their older fans, there current product is fine for kids but its hard to enjoy it when your in your 20's. I find myself fast forwarding the odd Raw I record and never buying the PPVs with they exception being WrestleMania and even that was a let down this year.

Just my opinion.

Enjoyed Reigns dominating the elimination match,and the diva's match was surprisingly decent but everything else was meh.How they think the audience is salivating at the thought of Cena vs Orton again is truly beyond me.JBL on commentary is fucking terrible as well,so annoying and he telegraphs the result of every bloody match too.

On a side note,Steph is looking very well these days.

So just me whos not a fan of te current WWE product, basically im not a fan of a bunch of generic young guys in tights doing the same routine matches with little or no psychology. Generic boring storylines that lead no where and the same fueds repackaged every few months. From what iv read on this post it seems some people do agree with me. I just wish WWE would cater for their older fans, there current product is fine for kids but its hard to enjoy it when your in your 20's. I find myself fast forwarding the odd Raw I record and never buying the PPVs with they exception being WrestleMania and even that was a let down this year.

Just my opinion.

Because

- its catered to a family audience, meaning that it has to be suitable for young ones to watch at all times. You'd can't verge off into random segments just to please the people who are a bit older

- we really should have grown out of it by the time we hit our 20's, but fr some reason we haven't

• Paid Members

Apparently they aren't planning on doing a unification match right now. The whole two champions coming out at the end was as last minute as you can get. They just threw it out there because they thought it might save this show. I dont know what the fucks going on at the minute. I dont know if its a case of all their plans are due to be set in motion in January so they are doing nothing or what, but there is absolutely no ideas in the promotion at the minute.

Echo what most said, great opener, poor show, awful main event. Main events, to me, can make or break a show. If it's bad, you finish the show with a bad impression. That happened for me. The Cena/Orton thing- it definitely hinted at title unification. We'll see where it goes.

Just my opinion.

I'm about to hit mid 30's and would rather watch mid 80's to early 90's WWF (along with 96-97) but I'm not going to waste my time pissing and moaning on here about how the WWE should be catering to me because they shouldn't and they would be massive idiots if they did. WWE are rightly catering to the people putting the money in their pockets.

Attitude Era WWF was about as mature as an episode of Daffy Duck.

Anyway as for Survivor Series the opener was great and everything else was a blur. Hopefully they don't cut Roman's legs off as he peaks.

So just me whos not a fan of te current WWE product, basically im not a fan of a bunch of generic young guys in tights doing the same routine matches with little or no psychology. Generic boring storylines that lead no where and the same fueds repackaged every few months.

No, you're not the only one who is not a fan of the current WWE product.

The rest don't post in topics about WWE ppvs, though. :confused:

Apparently they aren't planning on doing a unification match right now. The whole two champions coming out at the end was as last minute as you can get. They just threw it out there because they thought it might save this show. I dont know what the fucks going on at the minute. I dont know if its a case of all their plans are due to be set in motion in January so they are doing nothing or what, but there is absolutely no ideas in the promotion at the minute.

It seems to be a case of WWE teasing the fans with matches and ideas and not really following through with them in a way that the fans would expect. Look at Raw a few weeks ago with the 12-man brawl involving the Shield, the Wyatts, Punk, Bryan and the rest. The fans were expecting and hoping for a 12-man Survivor Series match but got a throw-away 12-man on Smackdown the next week. If they are not looking to have a Unification match, then it is silly to have Cena and Orton face-to-face to end the PPV and not deliver the match the fans now expect.

• Paid Members
Also, there is an area inbetween 'the WWE is AMAZING' on one side and 'FUCK THA PG' on the other.

It's also amazing how people that pine for the Attitude/Monday Night Era where wrestling was always great and exciting and entertaining, manage to selectively forget that WCW "when it was good" was completely produced within the alleged "confines" of a PG environment.

I loved the opener! Then again.. it's the only part of the show I've bothered to watch - All men in this match were on top form. Even the Usos! The Usos come across really well now and put out there best performance. Cesaro is great and the whole thing with Swagger hides how shit Swagger actually is. Goldust has done really well to reinvent himself at this stage of his career. I've always been a big Goldust fan and wouldn't mind him being put in the World Heavyweight Championship Division as he bloody deserves it. Once again Rollins and Reigns put out another great performance. I'm very pleased to see how well Rollins has developed from being the indie darling Tyler Black to a completely different person in Seth Rollins. I'd have never have thought Tyler Black would have made it so high up the WWE ladder and succeed really well at it. On another note has Dean Ambrose pissed someone off?

The Spear by Reigns to Mysterio was a thing of beauty.

Also I'm a big titontron fan. I'm fed up of every set looking exactly the same. They look shit. For years my screensaver on my laptop has been the Halloween Havoc 1998 tron, why? Because it's amazing.

• Paid Members
I just wish WWE would cater for their older fans, there current product is fine for kids but its hard to enjoy it when your in your 20's.

I'm just out of my twenties and I'd feel a lot more embarrassed watching Attitude era WWE than I would watching this current product. If I were 15, different story perhaps. Attitude was arguably more juvenile.

Archived