Survivor Series 2013 thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

He should Diesel through the Royal Rumble (he doesn't need to win it) and Goldberg through the elimination chamber. I hope they dont fuck him up. People dont come around like him. He's got so much upside to him. He's also got a spear that doesn't look shit, which is a refreshing change. They seem to only give the spear to soft shites now. Roman is an amazing man.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope they don't rush the Reigns turn too much. I'd do what others have suggested, have him do great in the Rumble, build the tension between him and the other Shield members (Ambrose & Rollins jealous of him & his success) and then culminate with the Wyatts vs Shield at WM30, with Reigns doing the big babyface turn on the other 2 members after the match. The anticipation of him turning should be a major part of his build up as a star babyface. They should get fans wanting him to turn on the other 2 Shield members, because everyone will know he doesn't need them to succeed.

Hopefully they don't screw it up - they kind of have the template for it with the Diesel and Batista turns and pushes of the past. It took Diesel 10 months to finally turn, after his Rumble '94 awesomeness, to the SSeries'94 turn on Michaels. I'm not saying it should take Reigns that long, but there should be a clear build to it over months. They've started the ball rolling - I think WM30 would be the perfect time & stage to pull the trigger on his turn.

• Paid Members

Me, 1 year ago:

I like the look of Roman Reigns. He has a terrific look about him and a great physique. Are we sure he's a Samoan?? Also, just watched an interview with him and he has a low, booming voice, bit like Nash, rather than whiny voices a lot of wrestlers have these days. Haven't seen him wrestle or cut a promo but if he can do both then he could go very far as he has a superstar look about him.

And now it's certainly looking like a reality.

He's proved to be competent in the ring, albeit in tag team matches. As he was relatively green compared to others coming up through the ranks, sticking him in tag team matches for a year will have done him the world of good- especially when you look at the talent he's been in there with- arguably a who's who of the most experienced guys in the company. He's rubbed shoulders with Undertaker, Kane, Bryan, Punk, Menry, Goldust, Cody, Show, Sheamus, Orton- and has played a large part in giving WWE around half of their best matches from 2013.

As for promos, he's obviously taken a back ride for two reasons- 1) the other two are both very good promo guys (Rollins has surprised me in this area, as I've said before) and 2) less talking preserves a bit of aura about him I think. When he does speak, it's to the point and most importantly- everyone listens. He has a terrific voice.

He's my guess for the Rumble winner now. I think they'll go full steam ahead with him after Survivor Series.

Wasn't it around this time of year they started the Batista turn? Not to compare Regins turn to that of Batista because he doesn't have HHH and Ric Flair to work off of (at least as things stand right now) and Batista had been around for a couple of years by that point.

As much as I do like Reigns I can't see him being put into the main event come April for Wrestlemania. I'm not trying to shit on anything, I just don't see it happening

I don't see Reigns winning the Rumble, but I imagine him drawing a number like 7 or 8 and clearing the ring. Like some have said, it worked for Diesel in 94 and would be fun 20 years later. You can still get a massive push in the Rumble without coming close to winning it. It might be interesting to go whole Diesel in 94 too by having him last about 20 minutes and then have Dean Ambrose have a hand in eliminating him, teasing the eventual breakup.

Exactly, there are ways to build him without hotshotting him before the time is right.

Seen as WWE has a decent thing going with tag teams, Id like to see Rollins & Ambrose retain The Shield name and just be a duo, mainly because I don't see much for either of them as singles guys

Archived