Survivor Series 2013 thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
So just me whos not a fan of te current WWE product, basically im not a fan of a bunch of generic young guys in tights doing the same routine matches with little or no psychology. Generic boring storylines that lead no where and the same fueds repackaged every few months.

No, you're not the only one who is not a fan of the current WWE product.

The rest don't post in topics about WWE ppvs, though. :confused:

Precisely. Plus, if only there were some other wrestling promotions in existence that C-Rock could watch that would satisfy his need for ADULT WRESTLING. Or, like, recordings of when WWE used to be like that. One day, maybe.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish WWE would cater for their older fans, there current product is fine for kids but its hard to enjoy it when your in your 20's.

You're getting a lot of flack on here, and I don't want to jump on your back for the sake of it, but why would WWE cater for people who continue to watch their product despite bitching about it for years? They could have Kofi Kingston take a dump in the middle of the ring and the majority if the fanboys will still watch then go online and moan about it later. It's a business.

Also, there is an area inbetween 'the WWE is AMAZING' on one side and 'FUCK THA PG' on the other.

It's also amazing how people that pine for the Attitude/Monday Night Era where wrestling was always great and exciting and entertaining, manage to selectively forget that WCW "when it was good" was completely produced within the alleged "confines" of a PG environment.

There's also a curious thing where some people get their own pleasant memories of the attitude era confused with the "workrate and pure sports build is the only enjoyable wrestling" agenda they've had drummed into their head since they got broadband, and kind of mix up 1999 WWF with 2005 ROH in their heads. Anyway, what an unappealing show this was.

I skipped through all three title matches to the end because life's too short.

The opener was alright, but notable only for Roman Reigns being the fucking don. That's all that's worthwhile that came out of this event.

Punk and Bryan vs Wyatts was well below expectations for me. I thought Punk and Bryan would go all out to pull off something special here, and they didn't.

Best thing on the show: Roman Reigns

Second best thing on the show: Santino and R-Truth playing with toys, and that was crap.

Actually, I liked Nikki Bella's torture rack drop as well. Eva Marie still looks so vapid and lost out there. Jojo wasn't too bad though.

I just fucking accidentally twitterspoiled this show for myself so I only really want to watch the opener now. I will say though, having seen both title matches and the Punk/Bryan vs Wyatt's matches on the house show tour, I had zero expectations going in. This TV vs PPV debate is popping up a lot online, and in podcasts etc, and it does seem possible that it's a rather planned strategy by WWE at the moment. I read an idea somewhere that Vince ideally wants to make PPV look like a dying format in order to justify porting loads of them over to the Network, but surely the numbers UFC and Boxing do leave that theory in the dust. It seems a bit simpler than that to me, over the last few years particularly, everything seems so aggressively driven towards the Rumble-Mania stretch that they fuck the rest of the year off knowing the bulk will come back round next January again anyway. Maybe they're in a really healthy position in terms of sustaining their 'core' audience in dour spells that they just need to make sure they get all the extras and casuals during Mania season.

• Paid Members

It does seem like they had this good idea with a great start and ending, but not a clue with how to go about it. It has also went a bit TNA, with them shitting on Bryan and now Show, I'm not sure the heels are anymore despised for their actions as well, so all you're left with is tepid characters and programming.

Anyway, this show badly needed a good main event and we got an absolute shocker. The ending killed my growing enthusiasm in seeing Orton v Cena again; good job. WWE surely have to know that last night was a stinker, with the hope they shake things up on Raw.

It does seem like they had this good idea with a great start and ending, but not a clue with how to go about it. It has also went a bit TNA, with them shitting on Bryan and now Show, I'm not sure the heels are anymore despised for their actions as well, so all you're left with is tepid characters and programming.

I think Triple H has gained loads as a baddie over the last few months, and The Shield have done well out of it. Big Show as well, up until a couple of weeks ago when his story went cold. But Orton has been hurt by it, I reckon.

WWE surely have to know that last night was a stinker, with the hope they shake things up on Raw.

They did that last month after a shitty PPV, and it didn't end up in a good show this month.

• Paid Members

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not into it, but I think the last few weeks has really hurt this story and the people involved. Pre-HIAC, things were interesting (relative to now, anyway) and Triple H was marvelous, but it's all a bit boring now.

I do think they need more than just replacing the bloke Randy Orton is feuding with. Maybe Vince finally turning up. Something.

• Paid Members

Watched the first match and the conclusions of the others.

For all the talk of individuality and the like, I think the first match showed that actually, it IS there to a degree. With the exception of say, Swagger, everyone got some of their own stuff in there and their own little quirks. The Usos come off as a little goofy to me, but I appreciate them trying to get the crowd going and they do have bundles of energy. Rey is a unique talent in his own right. Cody is crisp to watch. Goldust is fucking superb for me. Everything he did, from the moves to the transitions and getting the crowd right behind him were just grand. He's like fine wine, better with age. And Cesaro is great, that Cesaro swing is just magnificent. A prime example of someone making something like that their own and something to identify him with.

And then, there's the Shield. Ambrose, despite essentially making a cameo, showed his true colours as an absolute lunatic. Rollins has bundles of energy too, and as I've said before, he's just relentless and never lets up.

And of course, the man of the moment who the crowd were all over. Four spears, four pins! If you want to be picky with the booking, maybe he should've had all five, but that was awesome to watch. And of all the people who have ever used the spear, I'm pretty sure his is my favourite. Especially on the smaller guys, it looks like a freight train has completely throttled them. Interesting at the end where he gives Mysterio a little nod and a "That was close" motion. JBL picked up on it too. Sadly I just don't think WWE will successfully pull off the execution of a face turn, but he's got bundles of ability and a real presence. He's miles better than Ryback, for instance, who's a guy of similar build. Even if they fuck up with the booking of him, he's that good he might just overcome all that and make a big name for himself.

• Paid Members

I always assumed that the Roman Reigns push would be slow and steady, probably not culminating for at least a year or two. Well, fuck that. He looked like the fucking man last night, the only bright spot on an otherwise dull, shit show. At this point, I genuinely wouldn't have a single problem with him main eventing Mania. Don't tit about. Don't let him trade wins for eternity. Just strap the rocket to him right now, start the teases, and eventually give him the Rumble win. He's probably not ready for twenty minute main events, but whatever. Just have him kill everyone until he gets the belt at Mania. The idea of him as the new Batista is the most exciting thing in years.

image_zps554b030f.jpg

Awesome.

• Paid Members

He was absolutely brilliant in that match. When The Shield debuted, a lot of the talk questioned Reigns and who he was and why he'd been fast-tracked to the main roster. I think we have our answer now.

• Paid Members

Man, he is looking the business and it's great while he's fresh, but all this love for Roman Reigns just has me dreading when the backlash inevitably starts.

He's big, good looking and isn't a "workrate" guy. My prediction is they shove the massive sexy bastard down our throats for the next year or so leading to Anti-Cena level whining. All the while Seth Rollins ends up on a revamped Sunday Night Heat and several hundred Youtube bloggers have anurisms about the injustice of it all..

Archived