Survivor Series 2013 thread

Fatty Facesitter

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Pretty shocking main event, I know it was Big Show vs. Orton, but they had a decent bout back at Extreme Rules, and the prospect of Cena vs. Orton in a unification match doesn't really excite me either.

Team Rhodes vs. Team Shield was probably match of the night but even that didn't really get out of first gear.

One of the worst PPVs of the year.

At least Mark Henry is back and hopefully he'll be splitting more wigs tomorrow night.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pretty bad pay-per-view. Started off tremendously. The opener was great. They look to be starting the process of making Roman Reigns the man. And he didn't half live up to it. Would love to see him Goldberg his way through the elimination chamber in the same fashion. Wyatts vs Punk and Bryan was decent TV match, Cena vs Del Rio wasn't on par with the thousand other matches they've had and the rest was just poor.

But that main event, though ... fuck. That match was worse that I ever imagined. Fucking rotten way to end a PPV. Then Cena trots out and I cant see how anyone could give a toss about them fighting again.

Pretty bad pay-per-view. Started off tremendously. The opener was great. They look to be starting the process of making Roman Reigns the man. And he didn't half live up to it. Would love to see him Goldberg his way through the elimination chamber in the same fashion. Wyatts vs Punk and Bryan was decent TV match, Cena vs Del Rio wasn't on par with the thousand other matches they've had and the rest was just poor.

But that main event, though ... fuck. That match was worse that I ever imagined. Fucking rotten way to end a PPV. Then Cena trots out and I cant see how anyone could give a toss about them fighting again.

Agreed, the show was terrible. Main event especially shite. Poor execution, terrible finish - the whole show felt like everyone was just going through the motions.

The main was awful on every level. I enjoyed Jo Jo vs Tamina more than that shite.

The elimination match was good but was hurt by the weird babyface outnumbering the heels dynamic they seem to like playing around with at the moment, although I guess the aim was to get Roman looking mega strong. Fucking badass and is surely heading to babyfacedom.

Miz and Kofi attempting flash rolls ups to begin their match was a neat idea but the execution was fucking terrible. Good match in the end though and I liked Kofi waiting till the match was over to give Miz a slap as payback. I like this Miz and I hope he gets to do stuff.

The world title match I barely paid attention too because the result was never in doubt and because I'm sick of the sight of ADR. Henry/Ryback could have been good if it was a squash. Ryback's promo was the highlight of the night. Not sure how feel about Zeb 'twerking'. HHH can fuck off. Commentary was as shit as ever. The Wyatt's tag was decent and I like how they're maintaining some of Bray's aura. Loved the promo before their entrance. He needs to do that every time instead of the same bloody cutscene over and over. Looking well forward to the TV being built around Cena vs Orton again.

Only watched the pre-show match and the PPV opener. I feel like I made the right call.

Roman Reigns is set to be a star. He's got 5 months to become a major star for WM30. Anyone see it happening there or will it take a bit longer? I'm sort of thinking of Batista's rise and how it seemed to begin around Survivor Series and peak at WM21. Reigns already seems too cool to boo. Rey seemed to give him a nod of respect and he got a great pop with his post-match primal scream.

Miz and Kofi attempting flash rolls ups to begin their match was a neat idea but the execution was fucking terrible.

Good, not just me, I thought that opening sequence was clunky as hell, but I couldn't place my finger on why, as Miz has become a good hand in the ring and Kofi's always quality. Only thing that I can think of is perhaps it was just Miz being a step slower than Kofi and looking awkward because of that. There was a few times where Kofi looked to be clearly reversing himself, rather than Miz actually countering.

Zeb twerking was the funniest thing I've seen on WWE programming in a very long time. :laugh:

Interesting that the unification thing seems to be actually set in motion now. It makes sense, as WWE don't really have two separate rosters anymore. With the focus on Big E and the IC title, they could really make that a viable draw again with that same continual focus. Not a big fan of Cena/Orton happening again, hopefully it's done and dusted for TLC and doesn't get dragged to Mania. WM30 feels like the perfect spot to crown an undisputed champion, but I couldn't think of a more unappealing Mania main event than Cena vs Orton.

Interesting that the unification thing seems to be actually set in motion now. It makes sense, as WWE don't really have two separate rosters anymore. With the focus on Big E and the IC title, they could really make that a viable draw again with that same continual focus. Not a big fan of Cena/Orton happening again, hopefully it's done and dusted for TLC and doesn't get dragged to Mania. WM30 feels like the perfect spot to crown an undisputed champion, but I couldn't think of a more unappealing Mania main event than Cena vs Orton.

I agree that Mania is the perfect spot to crown a new unified champion, but if they do pull the trigger with this (and i'm still not certain they will) then TLC does make sense i suppose, with the unification match being a TLC match with both belts hanging high maybe?

If it does go ahead i can see HHH costing Cena the match then a slow build to Cena/HHH at Mania.

WM30 feels like the perfect spot to crown an undisputed champion, but I couldn't think of a more unappealing Mania main event than Cena vs Orton.

Exactly - they tested the waters at the Royal Rumble this year or last year and no gave a fuck when they faced off, that itself should've convinced higher ups that pairing these two ever again should not happen for a few more years still, their draining feud still leaves a bad taste with many fans - Rock vs Austin it's not plus Cena deserves better.

Wrestling is great.

I want to preface my post by saying that.

Because, wrestling is really fucking boring.

I think Pitty was saying this in another thread but the problem with stacking your TV shows full of very good 15+ minute matches is that you've got nothing left to raise your PPV's. The relentless stream of blokes just wrestling means everything just blurs into one and by 3 o'clock last night I couldn't tell whether I was watching Raw, Smackdown or Survivor Series. I just couldn't see the point of giving the extra effort, so went to bed and finished the show this morning.

Shouldn't have bothered.

The shows are just so joyless at the minute.

There's nothing fun, there's no characters, there's hardly anything to break up the relentless stream of po faced nobhead wrestling po faced nobhead.

Long 15+ minute matches should be plot devices, used at the end of the feud when two blokes will not give up and will do absolutely anything to come out on top over their foe. Instead, they're filler used to bulk out the 3 hour shows that they don't have the ideas to fill. Inexplicably, these characters all seem willing to go all out for as long as it takes, and do whatever it takes, at the drop of the hat. Whether that's at the end of a 6 month feud with an enemy or at the start of a Smackdown broadcast where the only thing on the line is the privilege of having your music played at the end of the match. I mean, what's the fucking point? In a business built on the idea that you slowly draw a picture of two guys who hate each other for whatever reason, usually over a championship, and then eventually let them go all out for all the marbles how the fuck are you supposed to elevate a championship, or highlight the bitterness of feuds when you rape exhaustive, hard fought wrestling matches as a commodity.

It's very impressive that WWE have managed to fill their shows with world class athleticism, but its fucking rotting their shows. There's no balance anymore. In an industry based on characters, and investment in characters to the point where you want to see them fake fight, I really don't think athleticism is the holy grail they seem to think it is. They need to inject character desperately, let their shows breathe, have some fun again and try and rebuild the value of the wrestling match as a commodity otherwise I'm out. Life's too short.

For what it's worth, Roman Reigns is a stud and it was nice to see them start his push up. Though, the 'hounds of justice' thing is tenuous enough now but if they do want Reigns to start breaking away they're going to need to give him a motivation besides 'I'm big, athletic and I can'.

Shit, I'm a broken record.

What else?

Rey looked fucking knackered.

I like Big E but Curtis Axel is so relentlessly boring that I pray this feud is over.

Oh, and it was lovely seeing Henry but that match was too long for a triumphant return. I adore Henry, but I was bored by the end of it. I mean, they didn't do anything to make Ryback look good in defeat as it is, so Henry may as well have just squashed him and trash talked a bit. I like the weird crawling headbutt and shoulder block/crossbody thing he did.

I wrote a post a while back critising the current WWE programming and got blasted by other members of this forum, the points i made in recent weeks iv noticed have been brought up in various different topics. Nice to see you are starting to agree with me.

I'm getting less and less bothered about watching WWE and its such a shame to be saying that after all my years of being a wrestling fan. I'd start watching more if they got rid of the PG rating and had more attitude and contraversy but I can't see that happening. WWE is starting to become as entertaining as the Power Rangers and should be shown on Nickleodeon, iv seen more drama and action in eastenders.

I wrote a post a while back critising the current WWE programming and got blasted by other members of this forum, the points i made in recent weeks iv noticed have been brought up in various different topics. Nice to see you are starting to agree with me.

I'm getting less and less bothered about watching WWE and its such a shame to be saying that after all my years of being a wrestling fan. I'd start watching more if they got rid of the PG rating and had more attitude and contraversy but I can't see that happening. WWE is starting to become as entertaining as the Power Rangers and should be shown on Nickleodeon, iv seen more drama and action in eastenders.

You couldn't be a bigger muppet, even if you had green fur and were slipping the high hard one to a toy pig.

If you did get 'blasted', its because your opinions are clich

• Paid Members

Fuck off.

If you had a Multimillion Dollar deal with numerous company's, advertisers and broadcasters that want to see a product they can market to a PG audience, you would risk all of that income to see Kaitlyn flash a boob, or John Cena say shit on TV?

If the writing is good, it makes no difference what rating the show is, Grange Hill and Byker Grove were aimed at 11 to 15 year olds, they can still deal with adult content and present it in a grown up way, it is the way the shows are written that is a problem, we have great match quality in general at present, its linking these matches to a structured, thought out story with a defined plan, beginning and end that's the problem

Based on your Theory that would mean Movie 43 is better than The Dark Knight as Movie 43 is allowed more scope to be crude being a 15 to Dark Knights 12

Archived