Survivor Series 2013 thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Not arsed about this event really, but some thoughts all the same:

(C&P'ed from somewhere else, just so I don't have to re-type)

--Pre-Show Match: The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

It's good to see the return of the Miz we all know and love/hate; The sneering, arrogant little so and so who has the facial features of a man we'd all dearly like to throttle. His expression after dropping down to the ring made for magnificent trolling, and hopefully this marks that start of a revival in fortunes for him. Miz to win it.

-- AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, and Summer Rae vs The Bellas, The Funkadactyls, Natalya, Eva Marie, and JoJo

Zzzzzzzz

--5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match

The Rhodes Brothers, The Usos, and ??? (DEFINATELY Rey Mysterio ;) ) vs The Real Americans and The Shield

Tough call, but with Rey Mysterio back in action I doubt they'd immediately have him staring at the lights upon his return to the fold. There's a good mix here and I'm looking forward to seeing how it transpires. My only gripe is that there isn't much riding on it; Any potential implications of sorts (i.e someone gets suspended, authority figure could get fired, etc) always helps the traditional SS matches. Still, this should be fun. Rey and Cody to survive, if I were putting money on it.

--CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan

Personally I'd rather have Punk and Bryan in the 5 on 5 match and put either the tag champs or Uso's up against the big men. Coming up on the losing end again won't do Bryan many favours so you'd hope to see him prosper along with Punk here.

-- Big E Langston

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is Mysterio. I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the card, the Bryan/Punk vs Wyatts match should steal it, nice to see Show on the upper end of the card for a change, Cena and Orton in their usual spots though, yawn. I was thinking about watching the pre-show, but for Miz and Kingston hardly seems worth it. They need to go back to the format they used in 1990. They treat it as if their obligatory elimination tags just get in the way of the rest of the show these days.

It isn't the best Survivor Series by far. The company might blame the Pay Per View name if this doesn't get a great buy-rate but the fact of the matter is if they are gonna half arsed throw some shit like this out then its the writing which is to blame. I can't say I'd watch any of it apart from the 5 on 5 Elimination match as everything just seems so bloody bland.

On another note I'd like to see Langston squash Axel in something like a 40 second match. It would do wonders to his streak compared to a boring 13 minute match.

What do you mean probably Rey Mysterio? it is Rey isn't it?

I'd say:

Miz through some unclean finish

Total Divas win- Natalya makes A.J tap out for the win.

The Shield and The Real Americans win with Reigns as the Sole Survivor.

Big E. Retains.

Harper and Rowan win.

Orton wins clean.

Cena wins clean.

There's also been the rumor of Ryback issueing an open challenge. I reckon that's more than likely to be Mark Henry or as an outside shot Sheamus possibly.

It's a really bad prospect. WWE has gone so downhill at building shows lately. There's nothing on there that's promising better than we've seen on TV over the last year, or even the last month. Kofi vs Miz is about the most interesting thing on the show to me, just to see how the new direction takes for Miz. Everyone complains about his face turn and forgets he was completely wheelspinning as a baddie for a year before that.

You've got to think that the names are planning on overdelivering on the night to make up for the shit build-up. How much can they do, though? For the most part, it's not that the matches are going to be bad, they're just so inconsequential and we've seen it all already. Orton vs Big Show should feel bigger than it does, Show was getting such massive reactions during the Bryan-Orton feud and the momentum hasn't transferred properly.

They treat it as if their obligatory elimination tags just get in the way of the rest of the show these days.

Well, they do get in the way. In 1990, seeing a megateam of proper wrestlers was a massive novelty. For the last ten years or so, it's a Smackdown main event. Unless something makes it more interesting, like WWF vs Alliance in 2001 or Smackdown vs Raw in 2005 did, a big tag team match is only on the card out of habit.

• Paid Members
They treat it as if their obligatory elimination tags just get in the way of the rest of the show these days.

Well, they do get in the way. In 1990, seeing a megateam of proper wrestlers was a massive novelty. For the last ten years or so, it's a Smackdown main event. Unless something makes it more interesting, like WWF vs Alliance in 2001 or Smackdown vs Raw in 2005 did, a big tag team match is only on the card out of habit.

That's the thing though isn't it. When they had the whole roster standing on the stage all the time teasing a rebellion and they'd just put together The Shield with Orton and the authority, I thought that was where we were headed. A big fuck off Lead Babyfaces vs Orton/Shield and Kane or someone. You could have still had Cena vs whoever if you want a big singles match.

As it stands they threw away a far more interesting multiman on Raw than anything on this show.

Despite a shit build, I think it'll be a good show. I can't see past Team Rhodes vs Team Shield being an awesome, MOTY type effort, and Punk & Bryan should get something watchable out of the Wyatts.

We have two world title matches and they're the least intriguing matches on the card. I think that's the biggest issue in WWE at the moment. Historically, the WWE or World title has been the major prize in sports entertainment, now it's a pawn in the authority figure storyline and Cena's shiny new toy, respectively. Without the prestige of the titles for WWE superstars to aspire to, everything else in the product unravels, there's no clear direction. The only way the whole "abeyance" situation works is if it culminated in a "Deadly Game" tournament at this event, but instead we have Orton vs Big Show.

Archived