Hell in The Cell is on tonight

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh:

Fucking hell.

I think, short term, they do see D-Bry/HHH as the way to get Bryan his heat back but, long term, he'll be longing for the heady days of Team Hell No.

That was a chore of a show at times. The first hour was the longest of my life. Goldust, The Shield and Kane all seemed to have taken sloppy pills. Kane's mask was too baggy, also.

Thank the Lord for John Cena.

Cena/Del Rio was by far and away the best thing on the show. The main event was a decent match but the finish was a clusterfuck and worse still, it looks like it's leading to more Shawn Michaels on the screen without any endgame. I don't see them running a Bryan vs. HBK match at any point, so the whole thing of involving him was just to give him more face time.

A Bryan/HHH match at this point seems logical but will ultimately be dull and they may not even bother. I expect them to transition to Big Show vs. Orton with D-Bry challenging Dean Ambrose for the US Title before the year's out.

:laugh:

Fucking hell.

I think, short term, they do see D-Bry/HHH as the way to get Bryan his heat back but, long term, he'll be longing for the heady days of Team Hell No.

That was a chore of a show at times. The first hour was the longest of my life. Goldust, The Shield and Kane all seemed to have taken sloppy pills. Kane's mask was too baggy, also.

Thank the Lord for John Cena.

Really? I missed the Kane segment, but the tag opener was immense. Talking about sloppy performers and no mentioning HBK's superkick that missed by a mile? You had one job, Shawn, one job!

Not crazy about the PPV finish, but it's clearly not the end game, and Big Show was nowhere in sight, so not terrible. At least Bryan's not getting shoved to the midcard just yet.

Overall, a better PPV than the last couple. The Miami crowd were interesting. They started off shit hot, but they seemed to barely give a single fuck about Cena.

• Paid Members

The moment has well and truly gone now. Fuck "getting your heat back". I cant see anything but diminishing returns now. He could beat Triple H as many times as he wants (which he probably wont), it isn't going to matter. At SummerSlam he was at a level where you were looking to raise him to the next level. Now you are at a stage where you are desperate to try and get him near the level he was before SummerSlam. They had lightening in a bottle with him a few months ago. His hair is shit, that beard is ridiculously scraggy and he dresses like a prototype Hasbro. But people cared about him going for the title against the bigger and more famous act at SummerSlam and reacted when he won the title. People looked past his faults and got behind him because they respected him and liked him. Now he's just a mug you can easily out smart. A bloke who has lost to a pedigree and sweet chin music in recent moves without actually wrestling those people who do the moves. You can always get your heat back. You cant get momentum back. Cena has been out for the last 2 pay-per-views. Now he's back and the facts are, your stock is going to fall massively with him back. Daniel Bryan has had to compete with Big Show, Triple H and Shawn Michaels during the time Cena has been out. To be fair, I couldn't really care either way if I'm honest. Its not like Bryan is ever going to be Hulk Hogan or anything. But you should never treat your babyfaces like complete muppets. This is the 4th PPV he's walked away from where he's been completely outsmarted. This is TNA shit. If you tell someone for the longest time that someone is a B, people will start believing it.

As far as the rest of it, the opener was brilliant. Best match on the show by a good margin. Cena vs Del Rio was decent, but it was like watching the Charity Shield. You were pretty much waiting for the trophy to be lifted.

It was better than Battleground, but then there's been better wrestling in Heartbeat than that show. And Hartbeat, for that matter.

The main problem is, the whole Orton-Bryan feud has been booked so poorly, a decent cell match as the culmination was still nowhere near redeeming the thing. And with the memory of last month's pi

Well that was pretty crap after WrestleMania this was the 2nd PPV I bought and watched live...never again. It was like watching paint dry from start to finish.

Is it just me but it seems like most WWE matches lack major psychology, just trading holds and strikes without any meaning. I was shocked how the CM Punk match started with Ryback on his back and selling his leg within the first minute...supposed to be a tough guy bully? the main event was tedious the same generic Hell in the Cell routine we have seen before, with they exception of the the chairs being thrown in the ring and they still fucked that up, he landed no were near them, same can be said for the Sweet Chin Music which missed by a mile. Within the first few minutes of most of those matches, they were going for big spots with out any rhyme or reason. Both Hell in a Cell matches were...Ok you hit me with a weapon for a while then I will hit you for a while then we'll go for the finish, fuck any real psychology...they have paid for their tickets and box office, we don't give refunds so who cares.

There wasn't a single memorable match on they entire card, John Cena is fucking terrible I have only just realised how bad now, he's like a piece of wood in the ring. The matador gimmick didn't work with Tito in the early 90's and it certainly ain't gonna work now. Big E Langston looks lost in the ring and as dumb as a box of rocks, the highlight of the match was him getting a hardway cut...its a shame that was the most dramatic thing in his match (perhaps the whole PPV)

WWE is like watching a live action cartoon, there wasn't a single compelling moment in they entire PPV. Just a bland generic show, Daniel Bryan is mega talented in the ring but has zero star power. The WWE can't go relying on these boring generic young wrestlers much longer, once you have seen one you have seen them all, just look at Dolph Ziggler.

For me WWE has gone way down hill...get rid of PG and stop force feeding us John Cena, if kids want to watch telly then stick on Nickleodeon and bring WWE back in to the grown up world. Iv seen more drama and compelling storylines in Hollyoakes. WWE really needs to think along the lines of LESS MATCHES MORE ACTION and not just trading spots from the start, build matches so they mean something which is difficult enough to do when you don't really give a shit about the generic guy in tights wrestlers in the ring who have little back story or anything to buy into. The best guy in WWE in recent weeks has been Goldust....that doesn't say much for the future of WWE.

• Paid Members
I was shocked how the CM Punk match started with Ryback on his back and selling his leg within the first minute...supposed to be a tough guy bully?

What would be the better form of psychology than a smaller man attacking the larger wrestlers leg? That's the most basic form of storytelling there is. He's essentially chopping the tree down. That's exactly what he should have been doing.

• Moderators

Was a shocking show, to be honest. Not many bright spots in there. Highlight was probably Dustin Rhodes again showing

why he's the best worker in the company. If Cena didn't win tonight I could have bought Goldust as WHC at the moment. Probably 3 or 4 face currently.

DA SHOWSTOPPA!!

Not a terrible show all things considered.

The tag match was quite amazing. Some really neat/original spots in it. The superplex to the outside was mental. Goldust sells his arse off and I enjoyed him and Reign's interactions. Reigns is something else. Something else to fuck up.

The Fandango match was perfectly fine filler. Natalya looked sharper than usual. Could have scrapped this shit to give The Real Americans more time.

What's happened to Dean Ambrose? He's (they've?) stripped away all the things that I loved about him. No more OTT goofy/cheeky faces, no more Funk style bumping and selling, no more flack jackets, no more of the cool moves he was doing in FCW. He's just serious and intense like the rest of them. He's boring even. And that breaks my fucking heart. He's also aged 15 years in two. Nice new buff arms though. Big E is fucking class and I was over the moon to hear the first "let's go Langston" chant. Finish should have been Dean using an exposed turnbuckle or grabbing a weapon from under the ring for the cheap win. You know, give the feud some heat to build from. Instead of a shitty cop out countout.

Real Americans got a teeny weeny pop. More people are starting to realise the awesomeness of Antonio Cesaro (and Zeb!). Not sure about him throwing out the big swing as a transitional move these days. The matadors are shit but Cesaro makes everything better. Looking forward to the rematch(es).

The diva's matches have been a bit less rubbish recently. They seemed to have followed NXTs lead and incorporated bits of chain wrestling and nifty heel cut-offs and shit and stuff. It's not as good as NXT cos Brie Bella's in the ring but even she seems to have found her feet as a face to be fair. Alright match.

My stomach always churns a bit when people are walking and falling on top of the cell. With the way Punk had been yapping on recently I felt a bit disappointed that he didn't set Heyman alight, lob him from off the roof and piss on him on the way down. He should've. He'll be back tomorrow with a new guy. (Bo Dallas). Match was better than their last.

I would die happy if, one of these days, we got an all adult, single male, "let's go Cena!" chant. Give him his due, like. Almost seemed to happen towards the end. I wish the arm stuff had played more into the end run rather that the standard Cena finish. Glad to see him back. He can fuck right off if he's going after Orton again.

The TV's just gonna get more tedious from here then. When was the last time they built somebody up/someone got over and they struck whilst the iron was hot? Did they fuck up Punk this bad two years ago? I wasn't watching then so that's a genuine question. The amount of Punk lovers/haters you get on The Internet Forums means I never know if somebody's talking about that rationally. I suppose it's the nature da biz these days. Can't have the figures looking bad so nobody gets the opportunity to grow on top. Or even put on top in the first fucking place. Match was nothing special. Bryan's character needs a makeover now. Get HHH to throw him out and keep him off TV for a bit. Keep him fresh while Show has his shit feud with HHH. Let him come out from the crowd one week disguised in a hoody as everyone wonders who the little guy fucking up the Shield is. He reveals himself as the new, clean shaven, skinheaded badass Byran. Leave the played out (and soon to be turned on) "YES!" beardy man in the dust. Wait until folks are begging to see him again when Vince reinstates him to tap out HHH in their match, and make him tap tap tap Trips off of my tv forever.

I'm guessing HBK hasn't turned heel and he's gonna become yet another layer of shit smeared onto this feud. Lot's of overwrought HBK/HHH gayness. Cena/Orton/HHH/HBK/Vince. I'm in a fucking time loop. I'd be impressed if it doesn't reach Ace's n' 8s level, unending, overbearing, switch it off awfulness. Still, Dean's arms.

Archived