Hell in The Cell is on tonight

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It's an odd one, because after everything HHH said in his promo about Bryan and how he isn't "the guy" and so forth, Orton beating him now will only reinforce that point and he really is a B-Pluser. But a Bryan win will also have the gloss taken off of it because everyone expects it to be overturned.

My guess: D-Bry wins, HHH tries overturning it on Raw only for Vince to make his return and cancel that out.

I kind of zone out of the product in the autumn, but when January hits I'm all over it again as we hit Wrestlemania season. Sadly, once Wrestlemania's over, Extreme Rules is in the books and they've done their UK Tour, not much happens after that to sustain my interest save for maybe Summerslam, or whatever Mark Henry's doing.

Wonder what kind of shape Cena will be in. Is that another rush-job on the part of the company? I actually like him, but I wonder if the company do have a plan B for when the time finally comes for him to surrender the top spot/retire altogether.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares about this? Anyone? It's quite an amazing feat for them to produce two shite PPVs in a row, seeing as I hadn't disliked a WWE PPV produced in about three years, but I don't think I could face a hat trick.

I'm streaming it, and the last time I streamed a WWE PPV, it was No Way Out 2012, because Virgin Media refused to let me buy the PPV on my telly.

Are Los Matadores booked? I was tempted to buy it just for them, but I just can't deal with the heartbreak of another shitarse PPV.

I mentioned it on the first page. I don't think it's a great option, as you say, given the angle so far, but it feels like they're leading to a match between the two at some point, if not at Mania. Why would they have Bryan mention the possibility of them having a match in the last segment of Raw if it really never came to fruition?

Who else would Triple H wrestle at WM30? He's fought Lesnar a bunch, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Rock's probably not coming back... Punk? Considering that 2011 half-feud, I'll pass on that. Bryan's one of the only (maybe THE only) current big star to never wrestle The Game.

• Paid Members
Who else would Triple H wrestle at WM30?

Cena, Rock, Austin, Michaels? Sting even? A big money player and not a short arse? He's just said as much on Raw. Triple H is wrestling the Big Show at Survivor Series, so its obvious this angle is all about Big Show saving the dwarf and nothing to do with Bryan and Triple H.

There is absolutely no value in Triple H vs Daniel Bryan because their time on screen together has been overexposed and massively disappointing. Could you imagine how shit an actual month/2 month long feud would be between them? There's always a chance they might wrestle, but just imagine how HHH and Bryan's interaction would be like come April? I imagine it would be pre-show worthy by then. Its already dead and its only October.

• Paid Members

Bryan-HHH at Mania works fine it you assume the whole point of the past three months has been to build towards Bryan becoming a legitimate number one guy in the promotion. Call me a cynic, but I don't think it is.

For what it's worth, Bryan Alvarez made a prediction which Meltzer seemed to reckon might be on the money, so although this isn't gospel I'll spoiler it just in case:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Big Show interferes to give Bryan the win, Vince returns on Raw to say he's the one who reinstated Show and allowed him to get into the building with the truck and has paid off all his debts, Vince and HHH start feuding to lead to a match at Mania with Vince represented by a returning star, or Bryan if they can't sign anyone.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I think its Shawn Michaels who will wrestle. It fits the pattern. Look at his track record of wanting to stay at home and eventually being guilt tripped into it? He wanted to jack it in since about 2006, but they kept telling him he was needed for years before eventually retiring. I just see that in June, we'd all heard the plan was for Steve Austin to be the man to wrestle Triple H at Mania. I think they probably know by now if that is happening or not. So if it doesn't, I see them having Michaels vs HHH. I'm certain that is the match in their heads if there is no Austin (which I cant see). And because they are all pals, I think its something HHH, Michaels and McMahon would all enjoy. Especially at WrestleMania 30.

Which would be funny, because Michaels returned to face HHH 4 years after his final match the last time he retired. And I just think having Shawn in semi retirement is an option they might fancy for the next few years. You could always pull him out for a SummerSlam or a WrestleMania then.

Daniel Bryan was getting absolutely nuclear reactions a few months back, this Triple H thing has really diluted it. I figured that "big star" promo from Triple H was a bit of reverse psychology, especially with HBK's interjection of "he proved you wrong".

I'm less convinced as each show goes on that Bryan remains in a top spot, especially with Big Show driving trucks and everything, but I prefer to be an optimist than a cynic. It comes down to this event in my eyes. If Bryan wins here, it's redemption and the culmination of the feud. If he loses and/or the show signs off with an angry Big Show staring at HHH, then I'll concede that Bryan has no business near a major Wrestlemania match. It's massively counter-productive if the point of this Bryan-HHH thing has been to make Bryan look bad though. He was beating Cena in crowd pops a few months back, and delivering better performances too (basing this off a live Raw show I attended in July), and if he doesn't prevail here, HHH was right and they've completely and utterly ripped the balls off a potential new star.

If Triple H is actively mentioning he only wrestles big stars, then surely the plan is to wrestle Bryan or at least someone else, to push them into that bracket. Otherwise, why mention it? The internet fans already know this and most of the fans with a brain will have picked it up too, mentioning it will only expose Bryan.

That said, I'm pretty sure they want Bryan's redemption to be beating Triple H. They've teased Triple H not being at 100% for about 6 months now when he was getting paggered by Curtis Axel and concussed from the Knockout Punch. Surely they've done this to make it believable that a 5'10 guy can be The Game.

Also, I'm sure they're going with a Champion vs. Champion feud. Otherwise, why bring Cena into the World Title picture? To feud with Sandow? World Champion - Cena vs. WWE Champion - Orton has money written all over it (in WWE's eyes) and a Double Title match is probably the only thing interesting in a possible rematch.

Archived