Hell in The Cell is on tonight

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It's pretty much a guarantee now that they'll fuck up all of things you get excited about. Pulling the trigger on Summer of Punk about two months too early, the utterly deflating booking of Daniel Bryan, even the Kane/Wyatt angle. I wasn't expecting that to be spectacular or anything, but I figured, having apparently kidnapped Kane to brainwash him, the next time you saw him, he'd be in dungarees in a sheep mask, as part of their group, but no, I guess they let him go or something?

We get these little moments of hope, the occasional Raw episode that suggests things are going in a good direction, but the WWE's sense of timing couldn't have been worse the past few years. They seem to have lost all sense of when to just let stuff happen, either bringing back Punk after less than two weeks gone rogue, or doing four fuck PPV finishes in a row to drag the Bryan thing out to utter tedium. Everything's let go too early, or artificially burned out.

That's it for Bryan then. He's done. 4 PPV's in a row he's looked like a tool.

It's such a shame how they've booked him since Summerslam. Have the WWE forgotten how to create stars? I know Cena is number one but at some point they're going to have to rely on someone else. He can't go on forever, at that point what do they do? Ryback last year was red hot and they blew it, Punk two years ago and now Bryan.

I know it isn't simple to create new stars but it isn't as hard as they've made it look the last few years surely.

• Paid Members
This is TNA shit. If you tell someone for the longest time that someone is a B, people will start believing it.

There is no truer or more damning statement than this. I was thinking the other week whether it's got to the point where wrestling companies have completely forgotten the art of truly getting a bloke over. They always seem to shit out of it, these days. I'm not going to be so bold as to say Bryan is completely done, but they will need some A+ rehab plan to rid him of his B+ stink. It's mad how they've went about all of this.

Decent match, but the way it was playing out made it quite clear that Bryan was losing. Really can't be arsed with Shawn Michaels, post-retirement, though; complete apathy whenever he turns up on my screen and starts all his bollocks.

Oh well. On the positive side, we're getting a Cena/Orton match that could be well good if they do it right (no guarantees). Also, Henry is bald and is showing up soon.

• Paid Members

When Vince was on TV all the time it seemed as if 90% of the guys who were put in an angle with him came out of it looking like a million dollars at the end of it. But every guy who get's put in an angle with Triple H over the last 5 years or so comes out of it looking like complete shit. He's the kiss of death when it comes to angles with new talent. Not that I'm putting all the blame on him but they just don't seem to know how to incorporate him into storylines without harming the other person.

It's why when people say "Oh when Triple H is boss, he'll turn things around" I always think it's bollocks. Yeah the performance centre is great but what's the point of developing all this new talent when it's clear they have no fucking idea what to do with it anyway. People say that the roster is lacking stars and depth but I think that the current roster is jammed full of great talent with huge potential. But they don't fucking do anything with any of them. You see on all the youtube videos WWE uploads how much character and charisma loads of the guys have when they are taken out of the dull, contrived, repetitive, restricted and robotic booking. They are pissing away so much right now just because the blokes in charge can't be fucked to do anything with anyone ever.

Oh well. On the positive side, we're getting a Cena/Orton match that could be well good if they do it right (no guarantees).

After all this shite, I'm not even confident in that any more. It's just been so, so crap that ultimately I don't care. They wonder why Survivor Series gets no buyrates any more, but that's two years in a row they've completely chopped a potential star off at the knees at the very same PPV. It's been long established that they go on autopilot until the Rumble at this time of year, but fuck, at least ACT like you're arsed!

Means tonight will once again open with a fucking Triple H heel promo, too. I know there's this myth about 2004 being the year of Trips' twenty minute long promos to start the show, but this year it's actually happening. And who gives a shit about Big Show, by the way? Clearly that's where they're going to go with it now, but he's not going to suddenly become a massive star now. I like him, honestly, but as far as this whole thing being set up just to lead there? Why bother?

• Paid Members

I don't know how I feel about the current booking of Daniel Bryan. On the one hand, I much prefer him chasing the title and battling the Authority against all odds. In that sense, I didn't really want to see him to win last night. On the other hand, you kill him off a little bit every time he fails in a big match. He's been fucked over so many times now that you stop feeling sorry for him and start to look at him as a dopey twat for getting outsmarted time and time again. It's probably my biggest pet hate with modern wrestling booking, booking the babyface to look stupid all the time.

It's time to take him out of the main events for a while, although I don't know what he might do.

• Paid Members
It's time to take him out of the main events for a while, although I don't know what he might do.

Couple of months with Ambrose, I imagine.

When Vince was on TV all the time it seemed as if 90% of the guys who were put in an angle with him came out of it looking like a million dollars at the end of it. But every guy who get's put in an angle with Triple H over the last 5 years or so comes out of it looking like complete shit.

Hmmm... I'm not sure they do.

Vladimir Kozlov: Yeah, but he went into it looking like shit as well.

Jeff Hardy: Nope.

Edge: Nope.

Randy Orton: Not really, although their WrestleMania match was crap.

Legacy: Nope. They were enhanced by the feud with DX.

JeriShow: Nope. No change either way.

Sheamus: Nope. He came out of a feud with Triple H with a big victory and went into a WWE title win.

CM Punk: Yeah, but that was because his bell-end personality shone through, not because he was a chump in kayfabe terms like they're doing with Bryan.

Kevin Nash: Yeah. Although he was knackered anyway, and he did get a really good match out of it, which probably means he came out of it better off.

Undertaker: Furthered his legendary WrestleMania run via the HHH feuds.

Brock Lesnar: Nope.

Couple of months with Ambrose, I imagine.

That would be dire. The way to get Bryan drawing money isn't to have him keep fighting the bloke he's fought every week for the last year. Still, if they've given up on him being a star, they might as well just have him fill time with someone he's familiar with.

Christ, I hope they're not going for something like Orton/Cena at WM. That would be two great talents wasted for a pretty unimaginative, overdone match that I'd have absolutely no interest in. If they're going for an authority vs. rebel type of storyline, I personally think Orton vs. Punk would make more sense (perhaps with Austin involved in some capacity). I also think a Cena vs. Taker match could be a classic- not technically, but Cena is one of the few guys that could legitimately convince people the streak could end.

If they do Orton/Cena I just hope they get it out the way before the run between the Rumble and Mania.

• Paid Members

If the past week has been solely about Triple H winding up the internet and throwing some gasoline on that all but faded 03 fire, then they've done a remarkable job, no matter how counter productive it has been to other related things.

On another note, I'm eager for CM Punk to get in on this angle. Bryan is pretty great at most things, but he's definitely a meager babyface promo compared to others. With Punk you could get some decent stuff going (with the hope they reign in the shooty bollocks, of course).

Orton Vs. Cena as the main event in 2014 to me is the wrestling equivalent of water boarding.

The problem is that WWE still view Cena and Orton as their two biggest stars in 2013/2014 and with them both as champions again it does seem like a Cena/Orton match and feud is on the horizon.

As for the PPV itself, I liked the opening triple threat tag. Cody and Goldust are growing on me, the Shield are always good and the Usos are entertaining to watch. I think it helped that the crowd seemed to be into the match and all three teams as well.

I agree what has been said about Kane. I would have liked to have seen him return as part of the Wyatts rather than side with Miz, as I expect it is now leading to some Kane/Miz vs. Harper/Rowan matches.

Ambrose/Langston was fine but had a pretty poor ending. Unless they make some big changes I do not see Langston as the big star a few others on here see him being.

What's happened to Dean Ambrose? He's (they've?) stripped away all the things that I loved about him. No more OTT goofy/cheeky faces, no more Funk style bumping and selling, no more flack jackets, no more of the cool moves he was doing in FCW. He's just serious and intense like the rest of them. He's boring even. And that breaks my fucking heart.

From the rumours I have read about WWE asking Sami Zayn to tone down his act a little, maybe Ambrose has been asked to tone down his act as well.

Punk vs. Ryback/Heyman was sort of meh. They wrestled for a bit, Punk beat Ryback clean ('cause he is in the dog house) and then Punk hit Heyman a number of times with a kendo stick and a GTS (admittedly to a good reaction from the crowd). Lets move on from this drawn-out feud now please.

Los Matadores have already reached the point where it is tiresome to watch them. They have wrestled 3MB far too many times and seem to wrestle the exact same match (they did changed their finisher this week). Moving onto the Real Americans makes no difference as it felt like they were still wrestling the exact same match again just with two different opponents. There needs to be some variation to their offence. Also Cesaro is wasted in the position he is in, but sadly they do not seem to have anything else they could do with him (maybe a new Heyman Guy or part of HHHs regime?).

Cena/Del Rio was good but had a sort of flat ending. I still think Cena is going to fall apart one of these days and WWE will fall apart without him. It was really depressing to hear them list all the injuries he had has over the last few years and the fact he has come back far too soon from every one of them.

AJ/Brie was pretty good and Brie is improving each week. Looks like we are going to get a Brie vs. Nikki feud though, which I do not see much potential in (unless they drag both Cena and Bryan into it).

I actually quite liked Orton/Bryan, but the end few minutes were a mess and the HBK missed superkick was terrible.

Where do we think WWE are going to go with Survivor Series this year? Do we see some 4-on-4 matches mixed with Cena/ADR rematch and HHH/Show? One 4-on-4 match and the rest singles matches?

Something like:

Cena vs. ADR (Gimmick Match, Last Man Standing or I Quit)

Show vs. HHH

Team Orton vs. Team Bryan (pretty much the main event from last weeks Smackdown)

Los Matadores/Usos vs. Real Americans/3MB

Team AJ vs. Team Brie

And throw Punk, Ziggler, Truth, Miz, Kane, Wyatts, Sandow, Fandango, Ryback etc. into a few matches.

I don't get the love for the opener. The second half was great, admittedly, but only because Cody and the Uso's are ace. The first half was shit. Rollins looked knackered for no good reason; Reigns, for all his potential, often gets stuck pulling a 'oh shite, what the fuck do I do next?' face and starts looking for direction and Goldie was wrestling like a pissed bloke trying to mount a bucking bronco at full pelt.

You could almost hear the fans wishing they hadn't chanted for Kane. His mask was baggy and he looked like he was entering the second month of the CM Punk diet and exercise programme.

Best bit of the Fandango shit was during his promo, a couple seated behind him looking at each other and just fucking off and not coming back throughout the entire match.

Ambrose seems to have had all the character ironed out of him, and now he's just a normal guy whose a bit cross. Like most of their heels who are just a bit cross. Langston's great when he's being all athletic and explosive, but the match really sagged when the newly character-less Ambrose started trying to work the chinlocks and control the pace.

I loved the Cena match. There's no point complaining about the finish, after years of having it being an implicit inference his gimmick is now explicitly that he's as close to being Superman as humanly possible. They've said as much. He's so much more big time than anyone else that I'll take all his faults and more. Glad he's back.

Bryan/Orton was alright, but had so many shitarse moments it was unreal. Most notable were; the big superplex spot missing the chairs by about three feet and Cole realising and saying 'errrrrrr, even HBK felt that one' whilst HBK just shook his head (I'm sure he didn't mean it to look all 'what a load of toss'. But it did.); HBK's sweet chin music missing by about three feet and, best of all, HHH selling the knee like a panto heart attack. Ace.

Bring back Henry.

Archived