Dreams.

John Matrix

The other night I dreamt that I carved off chunks of my own jaw, fried them and ate them and it tasted really nice and I went around telling everyone else to give it a go. I've googled "self cannibalism dreams" to try and find some deeper meaning of it but haven't found anything so far.

Been watching Hannibal?

Yes I'm not really endorsing it! 

You can read about it here: https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/

and a good piece debunking some of the "science" behind it: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/alpha-brain-whats-wrong-with-the-supplement-industry/

Personally, the only effects I've really noticed are the wild, lucid dreams. If you want to pay £40 a bottle for a months supply of crazy dreams go right ahead. 

I do endorse plenty of fish oil and testosterone though - that does what it says on the tin!

• Moderators

I was on a night out and met Rick Rude. He was stand offish but the more I spoke to him he was a really nice guy, and confided in me he had a drug addiction and would buy his drugs off a really unscrupilous drug dealer who sold to kids. His addiction made him feel like he was already dead and didn't want to live anymore, but he knew the actions of his dealer were wrong.l So he took a lethal time release dose, gave me a fist bump, and went to the dealers house armed to the teeth to take the dealer and the henchmen out to clean the streets before he'd die himself.

Then I had driving lessons for the rest of the dream.

I met Queen after a gig and while I was trying to talk to Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor kept asking me if I wanted his autograph. He got so persistent that I turned to him so he could sign something for me. When I turned back round Freddie was gone and I started screaming at Roger that Freddie would be dead soon and he'd made me miss my only chance to speak to my hero. I left the backstage area and the dream continued in a random, non-backstage-with-Queen way.

Roger, however, hadn't finished with me. He kept showing up in every scene of my dream trying to sign shit for me. I woke up very angry on that morning.

• Paid Members

Dimitar Berbatov won a two-ring battle royal to become the number one contender for the WWE title last night. It was on Raw, but even in my dreams I was fucking about on my laptop and only half watching so I don't really know how it all went down. I just looked up and saw that Berba had won it as the show went off the air.

• Paid Members

I'm a pretty heavy weed smoker but I've had family staying over for a week so I haven't been partaking during that time, on of the effects of stopping smoking is you have vivid dreams (I can only imagine it's because you're not knocking yourself into such a deep relaxation with drugs).

In the past 6 days I've had at least two vivid separate dreams where Harrison Ford is my friend, I have no idea why, I never give him a second thought and haven't seen anything with him in it for years but when I see him in the dreams it fills me with warmth like seeing an old friend.

• Moderators

I was sheltering in an alleyway from the rain, and knocked on a door to be let in, when 20 tiny little kids appeared. They were stood in two neat lines, each with a musical instrument, and began playing incredibly proficient jazz. "That's Bill Cosby's Child Jazz Army," I said, realising they all had Bill Cosby's face, as seen in the opening credits to the Cosby Show, conveying a look of "this is real good Jazz." Then Cos himself stepped out of the shadows, and conducted his child jazz army while dancing around.

• Moderators

That sounds like a really fun dream.

I really need to get some of them alpha brain pills and have some fun dreams. My dreams seem so mundane a lot of the time.

Twice, I have actually been so bored by my dreams I've woken myself up.

I used to have such fun dreams when I was younger... where did it all go wrong?

That sounds like a really fun dream.

I really need to get some of them alpha brain pills and have some fun dreams. My dreams seem so mundane a lot of the time.

Twice, I have actually been so bored by my dreams I've woken myself up.

I used to have such fun dreams when I was younger... where did it all go wrong?

Occasionally they don't deliver. Case in point last night, I dreamt of painting a garage door (grey) with a work colleague I don't get along with. We painted and talked through our problems with each other like adults. It couldn't have been more mundane and moribund.