Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Also, Mahal would be a heel in India. That's why they'd have to be fucking stupid. Maybe they are?

Maybe he'll get the Bret Hart late 90s reaction? Clearly a heel, but home crowd fully behind him. Purely because he's, as some horrible outfit up the road chant, 'one of their own'.

I still think they'll do something positive with Sami one day,even if it doesn't last long. They probably see all this shit as character building or something. Hurt to see him job to Jinder after a 80s distraction and a bodyslam. Was sure Orton would come out, where the feck was he? Is he not arsed about Sunday then? 

Sami would be a good shout for Money in the Bank. People would shit their pants when he cashed in. The heel alternative is his Backlash opponent Corbin

I don't mind Jinder but the idea of a JBL length reign for him to pass it on to Cena stinks of shit. There's a million better ways for Big Match John to get #17

In less earwax-taste material, the Owens destruction of Jericho (crush his larynx, maaaaaan) was excellent and I fucking fucking fucking love those sexy ass cops the Fashion Police. About time they made an effort with them 

"that's jaywalking"

"and Jimmy walking"

57 minutes ago, textonly said:

Aiden English got squashed by Tye Dillinger but still came out of that show the infinitely more interesting of the two, right?

Definitely. I want to see what's going to happen to this classically trained singer on the verge of mental breakdown. 

Amazing what Gotch fucking off has done for him really. I wouldn't wanna be in that tag division. 

I swear the Smackdown tag division is only allowed to have one moderately interesting thing going on at one time, and ONLY one.

Seriously, first you had Heath/Rhyno as the only team the crowd were bothered about, then Randy/Bray which was awesome for the week it lasted, then American Alpha became relevant again for the first time in months, albeit as a result of awful booking. Didn't take long for the crowd to go back to not particularly caring. The Uso heel turn was decent, but they spunked that away by having them doing nothing but wrestle AA, and now the Fashion Police. It's like their only allowed one singular team to showcase at once. They're only able to garner interest in one act, at one set time. During the time those aforementioned teams were being put on a pedestal, there was literally nothing else going on in that division.

What a promo that was by the Uso's!!! Passion, fucking spot on.

What did they just do with Sami? Seriously now, am i right in saying this is part based on how he is viewed within WWE, as an overthinking prat, a bit of a div like. I'm sure i read he has rubbed a few the wrong way with his strategising etc.

Rusev is an absolute star. What a guy!!!!

• Paid Members

From what I've heard, Sami talks a lot, basically never shutting up. It seems like they've made that his on-screen character now, which is likely a rib on him, but it definitely comes across that he's pissed someone off. So petty and counterproductive to actively undermine a great babyface by making him out to be an irritating idiot on television - where's the possible upside in that?

On Bring It To The Table, they actually played a clip of JBL saying he'd rather be kidnapped by ISIS than have to talk wrestling with Sami Zayn. Even for a heel announcer, why on Earth would you broadcast someone saying that about one of your best babyface wrestlers?

I'd rather get an STI than spend 2 minutes in a lift with JBL, so it all evens out I guess 

Agree dorky Zayn is awful, it was one thing that time he teamed with Reigns and Rollins and got a bit overexcited thinking he was the third member of the shield, but to just look a mug in front of Randy and AJ for no reason is terrible. 

Good stuff from the Usos with that promo, really looking forward to their match with the Fashion Fuzz

Why is Mojo hanging out with kids? 

1 hour ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

What a promo that was by the Uso's!!! Passion, fucking spot on.

What did they just do with Sami? Seriously now, am i right in saying this is part based on how he is viewed within WWE, as an overthinking prat, a bit of a div like. I'm sure i read he has rubbed a few the wrong way with his strategising etc.

He definitely upset people at last year's WrestleMania, planning out the ladder match for everyone when he'd been on the roster for about a month. Cornette hates him for similar reasons as well, he'd write 5000 word emails on why he didn't like Corny's finish for an upcoming show and stuff like that. Anytime Sami's on a podcast or someone mentions him on one, that stuff comes up. My favourite is when he was an embarrassment to Cliff Compton at a Guns n Roses gig.

I'm enjoying it when it happens on TV. It reminds me of dorky 1999 Mankind, and I always enjoy the backstage comedy interaction between the guys put in filler tag main events. I don't know if Finn Balor and Seth Rollins could pull it off on Raw because they're so similarly bland, but I love some geeky fucker being all excited talking ten miles a minute at Randy Orton.

• Paid Members

interesting comments about Sami. I'd not heard any of that stuff before about the apparent beef and him being a bit big for his boots putting together the ladder match.  

As soon  as I read it, I got flashbacks to the Racecar Willy episode of Swerved where Sami takes it upon himself several times to chastise Willy, whilst no one else in the room really cares. 

Proper waste of a great mid card babyface though. Wrestling is baffling. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

From what I've heard, Sami talks a lot, basically never shutting up. It seems like they've made that his on-screen character now, which is likely a rib on him, but it definitely comes across that he's pissed someone off. So petty and counterproductive to actively undermine a great babyface by making him out to be an irritating idiot on television - where's the possible upside in that?

Yet people constantly blab on about how the best characters in wrestling are extensions of their real selves.  Maybe that's not always the case then.

Archived