UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

yeah American Horror Story is an awkward one to judge, technically they are different in that characters, setting is different but I'd still class them as one show as a fair few of the cast members are the same and they are season 1,2 and 3 etc, I can see the argument for splitting them but I'd say they are perfectly fine as one whole show

CSI's are completely different shows though as mentioned I can see how though If your not fan of the shows it can be an easy mistake to assume there all the same, they are linked yes with a few crossovers etc but yes separate entries for each is 100% the way to go.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

All fair points made on AHS.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to LaGoosh for putting all this together. Not an easy feat, I'm sure, so I hope any sniping about 'should be higher' or 'you can't lump them together' or 'I don't agree with your synopsis' isn't taken as criticism or anything negative because I think this is my favourite thread in a while :) So thanks.

Edited by Monkee

Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy, very nearly made my list. It is fantastic from what I remember, though I've not seen it for nigh on 20 years, and cant really remember enough about it, to warrant it's inclusion. Or at least that's how the decision process played out

Ive never got the CSI stuff, I've seen episodes of all of them, but nothing really stands out as being super fantastic or anything. Reading the discussion here, is there anything particular I should seek out from it aside from series 1?

• Awards Moderator

I don't know which season it was, but the Tarantino episodes of CSI Vegas were what hooked me, he did a two parter called 'Grave Danger' where a member of the team was buried alive and the rest of them had to find him before the air ran out.

I'd say any Vegas season with what I'd consider the best core cast - Grissom, Catherine, Nick, Warwick, Sarah and Greg - are worth watching first. It all went downhill for me once they started leaving the show, and I lost interest once Grissom left to be replaced by Laurence Fishburne and then Ted Danson. They're both good actors but thy just aren't Grissom!

• Paid Members

List now fixed with House as the new number 50.

34)

"Dana, I have never cheated on my wife, not since she became my wife. But if you want to jerk me in the car now, I'm game."

Entourage_02.jpg

Entourage

Voted number 1? No.

What's it about?

Inspired by the life of Mark Wahlberg, this HBO comedy-drama revolves around the friendships and Hollywood lifestyle of actor Vincent Chase and his childhood friends from Queens, New York.

What do you say?

"I feel for Entourage. Didn't know if to vote for it in the other list and i see people aren't sure if to vote for it in this one. Just a really funny and cool show. It became cameo city later on but i rewatch it all the time. For me it's the funniest show ever."

Clips!

140 Ari Gold F-Bombs

Edited by LaGoosh

• Moderators

Yes! So glad Entourage made the list (although obviously I would have put it higher).

Loved this show. It is well due a re-watch.

One of my favourite Ari moments was when he went to the beach house and

Johnny Drama is an amazing character. I love the dynamics in the relationships between all the guys.. E and Ari is a particularly great one that shifts a lot throughout the series. Uh.. Turtle is a knob, but whatever.

Favourite cameos? Jeffrey Tambor's recurring guest spot has to be up there for me. Matt Damon was amazing as well.. "He Jason Bourne'd me!"

I don't know which season it was, but the Tarantino episodes of CSI Vegas were what hooked me, he did a two parter called 'Grave Danger' where a member of the team was buried alive and the rest of them had to find him before the air ran out.

I'd say any Vegas season with what I'd consider the best core cast - Grissom, Catherine, Nick, Warwick, Sarah and Greg - are worth watching first. It all went downhill for me once they started leaving the show, and I lost interest once Grissom left to be replaced by Laurence Fishburne and then Ted Danson. They're both good actors but thy just aren't Grissom!

that was the conclusion to Season 5 I believe.

I stopped watching around Season 8 as it just became so formulaic. I always thought that Nick (George Eads) looked like a young Henry Rollins

MV5BMTIxMDY1NjI4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk3NTYyMQ@@._V1._SX143_SY200_.jpg

Eads

Henry-Rollins-001.jpg

Rollins

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Moderators
Entourage would've definitely been in my top 5. Still think it's more of a comedy than a drama though.

Yeah, I already lost that argument in the Sitcom List though, so I had to put it in here!

There's this guy in my new office that is such a Lloyd. His walk and his mannerisms are so bang on. Also, I recommend to anyone nicknaming one of your mates Lloyd because it's really fun to shout in an Ari Gold voice.