UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Did you give 'The Littlest Hobo' a shout as well pat?

You utter bastard. Now all I can here is "There's a voice..." in my head.

Theme -

Grrrrrrrr

On my final day at my last job, just as I was saying my goodbyes I told everyone I had written poem, thinking at least one person would know the lyrics to The Littlest Hobo. When I'd finished, all the girls were in tears, and one told me that it was the most beautiful thing that she's ever heard, and I should get it published.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

=35

"Our story began, one summer night in 1964, as I came back to see me friends. I could see now, 31 years later, we were all going to make decisions that would change our lives forever."

10301_gall_017.jpg

Our Friends In The North

Voted number 1? No.

What's it about?

Look at that cast! This BAFTA-winning 9 episode BBC series tells the story of the lives of 4 friends from Newcastle during the 60's to the mid-90's and how their lives are shaped by the political and social events of the time. But seriously, look at that cast! Fantastic.

What do you say?

"Launched a few careers, aided a few fading ones and although can be said to be a slow burner is a fantastic reflection of Great Britain during the time periods."

Clips!

Episode 1 (FULL)

• Paid Members

=35

"Reason as motive, or reason as logic, or reason as a way of life? They don't have to give me a reason - I can write my own damn reasons."

TinkerTailor-600.jpg

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Voted number 1? No.

What's it about?

The brilliant Alec Guinness stars in this BBC adaption of John le Carr

• Paid Members
Look at that cast!

Fucking hell, I never realised how good the cast was. My Mum used to watch this and the only two things I remember about it are Gina McGee and Don't Look Back In Anger being used at the end. I may have to watch this based on the main cast alone, I like all of those four.

Which CSI? You can't just lump them all together. CSI Miami is preposterous albeit shiny shit, but the early seasons of the original CSI were pretty brilliant. CSI New York was halfway between, and ended up being as good as neither.

• Paid Members
Which CSI? You can't just lump them all together. CSI Miami is preposterous albeit shiny shit, but the early seasons of the original CSI were pretty brilliant. CSI New York was halfway between, and ended up being as good as neither.

Well, that was my quote used but taken out of context as I only meant season 1 but had voted for CSI: Las Vegas and Criminal Minds together so 'first seasons' was plural. I think both slowly lost their appeal after season 1.

Just realised that CSI: Miami is the image and the clips aren't Las Vegas either. Not what I voted for, I'm afraid. I never liked Miami or NY. And you mean David Caruso not Dennis. Who's Dennis Caruso?

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

Two emotions after that update!

1: Yay! Our Friends In The North made the list, its fantastic, the cast is great, and it's backed up by a great support of people like Alun Armstrong and Malcolm Mcdowell, as well as Grouty from Porridge, as UK dramas go it's up there truly as a fantastic bit of drama

2: Nay! I completely forgot about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, would have made me top 10 for sure. A friend of mine came to work raving about the recent film, i went to watch it the following evening, on returning to work I informed him the film was shit and handed him my BBC adaptation DVDs. A few days later he returned them to me simply saying "So that's what the film should have been like, point taken on the shitness" that moment I watched it as a kid with my dad and it hit me as pure brilliance even from that young age.

Yeah I don't think you can put all the CSI's together as one entry,

I believe I had 2 of them in my top ten (NY and Vegas) all 3 of them whilst from the same universe so to speak are actually different in style , Miami was very colourfull and had some very over the top unrealistic stories but heck it was set in Miami and had great scenary, NY especially in the earlier seasons was very gritty and dark but I've found to be overall the most realistic storyline wise and I think has been helped was very little cast changes, only 2 of the main cast from season 1 are missing from the final 9th season

the Daddy of the franchise Vegas is like a mix of the 2, glitz of Vegas but also some gritty and dark stories but has had a few over the top stories and has had a few cast changes but heck its in to season 14 and still going strong.

I do love a bit of CSI

• Paid Members

Honestly I don't know enough about CSI so did just chuck them all in together. If people want me to change it so the votes are for each individual show then I will.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

You can't lump all 3 CSI together so if it means they don't make it into the Top 50 then that's fine by me. Also, you definitely can't put both seasons of AHS together as they're totally different - different characters, premise, plot, etc.

• Moderators
Also, you definitely can't put both seasons of AHS together as they're totally different - different characters, premise, plot, etc.

Nah, you totally can. It's all under the banner of American Horror Story. I see why you'd say that, but nobody would consider them different shows, as opposed to the CSI stuff, which literally are different shows running concurrently and independently.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

In the other thread we said that we weren't going to specify seasons, just shows as a whole. Monkee, only you specified which season of American Horror Story you were voting for (and for the record, Blackadder Goes Forth is definitely not a drama). American Horror Story may have different characters, premises and plots but it's still the same show. The Outer Limits had a different premises, plot and cast each episode but it's still the same show.

Regarding CSI, due to my ignorance, I assumed they were all linked up and for the sake of ease chucked them all in together. At some point tomorrow I will go through the votes and do some editing to sort out my fuck up. Apologies.

EDIT: Had a quick look and this should be easy to fix. Just means we get a new number 50 and everything else posted so far will be bumped up a place.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Well this isn't a professional list or anything and I find it's a good enough place for me to chuck any views I have of a show as any. I recall Black2 and Devon Malcolm doing similar in their top 50 games and films lists. I think I'm being quite fair so far, I could have written loads of stuff about how shit Walking Dead is.

If people are finding it to be an issue I will stop.

I disagree about your opinion on The Walking Dead, but the fact that you have done all the hard work getting this thread up and running, you should be able to write under the line "What do I think?"