The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'm more excited than I should be thinking about what new baseball jersey they might bring out for Mania.

There is a massive part of me that thinks they're holding out for Cena to get cleared and put him in as Shane's champion.

Either way, I love the logic of announcing they had a deal that Shane would remain a silent partner and heir, but Vince said that now that it's a public company with shareholders that deal doesn't hold. So, when Shane pushes back a bit Vince goes rogue and says 'fine, I'll respect the deal if you take up our biggest remaining stars time on the biggest show of the year' without actually consulting the board.

Also, was the offhand, shoehorned in reference to a lock box at the end meant to have been a bigger deal earlier in the promo, and they just forgot?

And, ooh ooh, how great was it when Shane brain farted and got stuck on repeat saying 'generational' until Vince helped him out.

Fucking hell, it was so stupid. And I bloody love it.

Went into this show completely blind and was totally marking when Shane's music hit. At first I was hesitant if it was him. It could easily have been a stooge ripping him off during the excellence award segment in some way. Then wow, what a moment. The crowd made that extra special naturally. Was just so pleased to see him cut his piece. A beautiful moment absolutely.

The match against Taker in a HIAC makes me now question if this is just a short term programme for Mania or thereafter. The actual thought for a Shane win and therefore creating a new show format run on Raw the following night. The eventual outcome is intriguing, but why do I find myself thinking he straight up loses, and everything still stays the same. Mixed views on social media. It's seems a lot of people love the idea of this. Seems that family are the bigger draw in matches, not the ordinary talent.

Intersting whilst listening to Review a Raw. John Pollock said that the talent backstage did not know Shane was there. That he was hidden and talent went nuts he was chosen to go against Taker. Speechless were Pollock's words. He compares the Sheamus instance last year.

Edited by undercover elephant

I want training vignettes of Shane being taught a new secret weapon by each of his past opponents. X-Pac can show him the bronco buster, Kane the choke slam. Steve Blackman can show him how to look dispassionate.

Ive thought about it so long I'll almost be disappointed if they swap him out for someone good.

They could even use the end to have a returning Cena turn heel, or even build to Cena/Taker next year.

• Paid Members

Everything involving Shane reminded me of that Jericho match against the legends at Wrestlemania 25. It reeked of being a panicked Plan C or D because everything else had fallen through. You have to wonder how many people said, "no," to Vince before he picked up the phone to Shane.

Are all the Mean Street Posse guys still alive? This weird Attitude Era kick they've been on since December won't be truly complete until they rock up.

Everything involving Shane reminded me of that Jericho match against the legends at Wrestlemania 25. It reeked of being a panicked Plan C or D because everything else had fallen through. You have to wonder how many people said, "no," to Vince before he picked up the phone to Shane.

Are all the Mean Street Posse guys still alive? This weird Attitude Era kick they've been on since December won't be truly complete until they rock up.

Meltzer said that Batista turned down a guest referee spot at Mania

Would love to see The Mean Street Posse why not.

The pop was great for Shane. The Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence was always just going to be a storyline setup, I can't understand why people online were making cases for who should receive it.

And while Shane did fine with what he said, and avoided getting the what treatment through his cadence, fucking state of his 'cool boss' get-up! "Yeah I wear a suit jacket, but I also wear Nike high tops. Here at Globex Corporation, we don't believe in walls..."

I loved the opening segment but can't feel the love for Taker/Shane, although it is an interesting dynamic. Shane surely has to win and I don't believe for one second hes going over Taker.

Personally I'd have Taker turn down Vince, thus Vince going mad and putting Taker in a retirement match against Cena. Then have Shane wrestling Bray in the HIAC match, Shane going over , creating the buzz for the new Raw format, you could either go with a HHH/Babyface Wyatt feud after.

I also personally really like the dynamic of the Ambrose/Lesnar match, they could really make Ambrose here if they wanted too.

Can already see Ryback being Reigns first challenger after Mania.

What is Jericho going to be doing at Mania?

Definitely lots of interest going forward.

I loved the opening segment but can't feel the love for Taker/Shane, although it is an interesting dynamic. Shane surely has to win and I don't believe for one second hes going over Taker.

Has their been any indication that Shane wants back on the road?

I think he's just helping the family out at a pinch. He's definitely going down at Mania.

I've been humming his theme all morning..

When Shane's music hit, I was loving it. Completely unexpected and I love a genuine surprise. The further it went on, the more you could smell the desperation from everyone totally realizing how shite WrestleMania looks. To create a great moment and spark interest there, have Shane just take control from last night. Having him as a face going against the hometown hero who also happens to be a massive legend just seems daft.

Lesnar's initial beating of Ambrose looked brutal. It was great.

Edited by FUM