The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Had this little moment where I though 'WWE might switch things up and go with HHH v Ambrose and Lesnar v Reigns II at Mania' but then thought 'Hang on, this is WWE in 2016....they're not going to do that!' and felt sad again.

Have a feeling Undertaker might be in a multi-man match with Kane, Ryback and Show v Wyatts at Mania too.

What's the betting on this being WWE logic in the next couple weeks?

AJ Styles gets the 'What?' treatment: "This kid's struggling to get over, he can't work the mic, bump him down"

Roman Reigns gets exactly the same treatment four segments later: "Roman's still over as hell, he held his own in front of that tough crowd, kid's gonna be a star"

Hate to be one of 'dem' cynical fucks but I can see it coming.

Those 'What?' chants are easily the worst thing about the WWE audiences, but it's up to the talent to modify the cadence of their promos to avoid it.  It seems most promos these days are delivered in exactly the same way: "Last night.....at Fast Lane.......on the WWE Network......I wrestled Kane......and I was screwed.......".

• Paid Members

I was thinking the exact same thing just last night, Slappers.
It's almost like the wrestlers are encouraging it and Reigns is one of the worst cunting offenders. He's a prime candidate to be assassinated by 'What?' and yet, they still have him deliver his promos like that.

Ambrose knows what's what (excuse the pun), as he either doesn't give the fans an inch in that regard, or they don't want to because they actually like the chap.

• Paid Members

I've always maintained the Undertaker dealt with it best: "If you like sleeping with your sister, say 'What?'"

Of course, it's not something everyone can do, but it seemed to work for the duration of that promo.

• Paid Members

Funnily enough I was watching an episode of 'Breaking Ground' last night (been ploughing through that, it's ace!) & Scott Hall was in the performance centre & called out Apollo Crews for delivering his promo in that manner. He asked him if that's how he actually talks in real life as all it sounds like is that he's cutting a promo rather than being natural. Either they're trying to get people out of that habit or once they get called up to the main roster they want them to stick to the formula? Kevin Owens immediately stood out to me for not talking like that. 

Edited by Dead Mike

I quite enjoyed Raw this week for the first two hours. The last hour was a bit meh and I would have preferred the Wyatts to have taken out Ryback, Kane & Show. Im guessing this leads to a six way at Fast Lane but please god let it end there and The Wyatts move on from it.

Did Mark Henry get injured? As he got pinned rather easily given Big E didn't really pull off his finishing move?

• Paid Members

"Come on , Let's go get ourselves a curly Cumberland sausage!"

At the Little bitty Chef?

A fate that befell many wrestlers staying overnight in Doncaster back when 1PW were running the Dome, I'm sure. A fine breakfast, Little Thief does.

I don't know how it's happened but I've been interested in pretty much every segment over the last two episodes of Raw. I've still been fast forwarding stuff because 3 hours is an absolute arse ache to make time for, but it's been with a heavy heart. They do have a decent set of characters to play with at the moment. And all that without the champion appearing at all this week.

Top marks for Flair looking off his head from the moment he walked out all bandy legged behind Charlotte. Twitching and touching his face like those mad videos of George Osborne looking half cut in the House of Commons. I'd bet a month's wages one of his little finger nails is longer than the other.