The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Only watched the opening segment so far but WOW!

24 hours ago the road to Wrestlemania seemed pretty dull and dire but with just one Raw things have picked up so much. I just hope Shane somehow wins and sticks around for awhile.

I live in hope that his match with Taker will be pretty good. Shane loves throwing himself about and Taker will be determined to put on a decent show.

The next top guy, having his face mauled by the Internet King of Kings, and the crowd going potty for it. I don't know how to describe it - I'm incredulous, amazed.

I have zero faith that they'll follow up with anything worthwhile between now and the big day, though. So many times they've had false starts with great angles a few weeks out from a big PPV, and then the rest of the build up is the same predictable old shite (contract signings etc). But see what happens when they actually TRY. Good stuff.

Final thought - Shane as the babyface in a Wrestlemania match vs Undertaker in Texas. What?

• Paid Members

What the actual fuck is that? I was as pleased as anyone to see Shane after all this time. But Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker at fucking WrestleMania? Fuck off.

Main event angle was good. Reigns getting bloodied was different these days. But what's the goal here? This crowd fucking hated Reigns. As Ian pointed out, some of the upcoming ones will too. You can't just go ABC on this.

Lesnar/Ambrose could be good. The angle in the parking lot was good. Ambrose hammy acting not so much. Not sure how they'll kill five weeks now they've announced it.

The rest was meh. Not sure anyone could call it eventful. Ryback turned? That was about it.

I fast-forwarded the majority of the show to get to the bit where Shane announces the board won't allow him to get seriously injured at the biggest event of the year and so announces his surrogate.

Fucking hell.

If this is genuinely genuine then I'm guessing the hook is that Shane may take a big bump.

So weird. It was weird enough when he was getting the Austin pop, nevermind getting a Mania main event.

I'm still sceptical, based on that smug pre-main segment where Vince was talking about how clever he was for getting it booked. Someone needs to be on Meltzer watch this week.

Did Ambrose fuck up the ambulance bit? He seemed to crash it, and the camera just focused on Brock for a bit.

• Paid Members

This is one of the most bizarre and dumb things I've seen for a long time. A 40 year old non wrestler babyface fighting the super babyface legend in his home town and if the legend wins the heels reap the benefits. What the actual fuck?

This whole WM situation is undeniable proof that WWE are incapable of creating stars anymore.

• Paid Members

I have no idea how they think the solution to them not making new stars is to have HHH on top and put Shane McMahon (who must be like 50) in one of your main events. Why would babyface Undertaker take such a weird order from old heel Vince anyway? Dumb.

Nah, that's cobblers. In 2 of their 3 main events they have Ambrose and Reigns, entirely WWE creations. If he wasn't injured, the other would feature John Cena. Had they not fucked him off Bray may have been there. They're at least partially responsible for creating Lesnars star.

They create lots of stars. They just don't know how to create engaging stories for them a lot of the time and so they lose their lustre.

Above all though, there's definitely room for a 46 year old man who wears nikes with his suit and still dances like its 2001.

• Paid Members

I have no idea how they think the solution to them not making new stars is to have HHH on top and put Shane McMahon (who must be like 50) in one of your main events. Why would babyface Undertaker take such a weird order from old heel Vince anyway? Dumb.

"Higher Power". Whole thing might all be linked. It might be genius.

• Paid Members

I typed in the Fastlane thread that the only plus for Reigns in this match is Triple H is the best at showing some arse when he can be bothered. Turns out, he really can't be bothered. If Reigns is struggling to swim already, it seems Triple H is gleefully going to ram his head under the water - not that this is a bad thing, because Reigns is too boring to really get behind. As this angle was happening I was thinking maybe they are trying to mind fuck the fans with "Triple H is burying all the young talent - poor Reigns", but Triple H is just a lovely cunt. Hopefully next week he makes fun of those contacts he wore and points out nobody likes him.

The opening was spoiled thanks to the Vodlocker video having a still image of Shane O' before you click play. Despite that, it was a rare gem of a segment, with the crowd giving Shane McMahon the reaction I imagine Virgil will get when he finally gets his knob out on telly. The match clearly reeks of desperation, but this segment sold me completely.

Lesnar remains awesome.

It would be weird if Undertaker was fighting Shane at Fastlane or Payback or some shite like that but logically, it makes complete sense. Undertaker won't take it easy on Shane given his attachment to Wrestlemania and so will probably kick the fuck out of him dead easy, just as Vince wants. It doesn't matter who is in Undertakers way, if it's wrestlemania, he's kicking your head in.

If you were Vince and needed to book Shane in a match he can't win, surely the obvious choice is to book him against Undertaker at Wrestlemania. It's a guaranteed win. Only person that could do it was Brock Lesnar and even that was a struggle so some 48 year old business man stands no chance.

• Paid Members

This whole WM situation is undeniable proof that WWE are incapable of creating stars anymore.

No, that was already evident. This is a massive back-up plan to cope with the fact they haven't created big stars plus the mounting injuries to so many key players.

You can't knock them for what happened last night when they've been in a shit state for a while. Knock them before last night, of course. But what else were they to do to make Mania better? Thrust one of the 50/50 crew into a massive match with weeks to go? I'm impressed- they've managed to instantly make Mania a lot more appealing.

Edited by PunkStep