The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Watching RAW, thinking about what a dog shit act New Day are, I suddenly realised the one potential positive; with two guys on the outside it'll probably make it easier for Kofi to come up with a couple of creative ways of avoiding elimination in the Rumble this year.

I could imagine Kofi getting thrown out, only for Big E to catch him and put him back in, but that feels more suited to Adam Rose. I liked the idea of Rose constantly being saved by the Rosebuds, only for someone like Roman to go under the bottom rope and murder them all, before chucking Rose out with ease.

I love the Royal Rumble.

Deserved plaudits for the ending to RAW. Cena celebrating with the little kid was a proper feel good moment.

Really looking forward to the Rumble. Actually no idea how they are going to run with it which is good. 

Another good thing about this week was Roman Reigns. Less is definitely more when it comes to him. Just need to allow his character to grow naturally. He got shoved down our throats far too much lately.

Its been mentioned that Erik Rowan has a really high IQ numerous times by Cole on tv so theres no reason why he cant be computer literate.

Raw was great.

Yep.  Why would a classically trained guitarist and an award winning winemaker NOT be on Twitter?!

• Paid Members

I do like that following Vince McMahon's "dont piss anybody off" speech, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Erik Rowan and Ryback were all supposed to return in angles last night, but got bumped from doing anything worth while because there was no room for them. And the show ended with Sting and Lesnar (two people who have played the game by their own rules their whole career and pretty much do whatever they like) standing tall as the two most pushed acts. This I found amusing.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I genuinely thought Sandow was X-Pac for a while there. He looked brilliant!

Nash's 'What the hell kind of show are you running here?' line to Triple H made me laugh.

I'm a big time sucker for nostalgia segments so this episode was a winner for me. Making time for all that stuff meant we had fewer meaningless midcard wrestling to fast-forward through, so the show felt like it chugged along at a much better pace this week.

As always, Road Dogg was great on the mic. Since he's on the road anyway, I would use him as a full-time manager for somebody. Think he'd be terrific at that.

Brock is all kinds of awesome. I'll be gutted to see him leave after WrestleMania, if that ends up being the case.

I do like that following Vince McMahon's "dont piss anybody off" speech, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Erik Rowan and Ryback were all supposed to return in angles last night, but got bumped from doing anything worth while because there was no room for them. And the show ended with Sting and Lesnar (two people who have played the game by their own rules their whole career and pretty much do whatever they like) standing tall as the two most pushed acts. This I found amusing.

It's a nice point, but Sting and Lesnar started playing by their own rules after they became stars. Sting of course never had to deal with Vince until now, when he's last of the Legends to get on WWE TV. And Brock had a rocket strapped to his arse for a couple of years before he told Vince where to go the first time, and then came back as the UFC superstar and was able to basically bend Vince over a table. If Brock started making demands back in 2002, he wouldn't have a career. Sting and Lesnar make Vince lots of money, so they have leeway. Ziggler, Sheamus, Rowan and Ryback could disappear for good tomorrow and no one would bat an eyelid.

• Paid Members

It's a nice point, but Sting and Lesnar started playing by their own rules after they became stars.

Brock Lesnar was signed to a $250,000 contract before he even watched his first match and Sting shagged Dick Slater's wife. If you shag Dick Slater's wife, you obviously dont gave a fuck. That's why they are stars. Because they would (did) go home if they didnt like the enviornment they were in.

That's why the Ultimate Warrior was a star. He didn't care. If you dont stand up for yourself, you're done. Its why Dolph Ziggler has been around 10 years and is just happy with the job.

Getting signed to a big contract isn't Lesnar playing by his own rules, it's Vince seeing money in a 300 pound super athlete. And I doubt a 20 year old Sting shagging some guy's wife has any bearing on his standing now in WWE as a legend. He was the ultimate company man for WCW.

I agree that wrestlers should stand up for themselves, but it's a dangerous time with that comment Vince made and his general nature as a unstable old man nowadays. Vince was happy to shake things up in the name of competition, so he'd be more open to people having new ideas to better the product. Sting, Lesnar, Warrior... all stars from a different time period (yeah, even Lesnar, 12 years is a long time).

Who's the top star now? John Cena. Does he veto any of the stupid shit he's asked to do or say? No, tons of people in WWE, including Vince, have touted him as the ultimate company man. Cena is the antithesis of "playing by his own rules", and he's not just the biggest WWE star, he's the ONLY star.

• Paid Members

Getting signed to a big contract isn't Lesnar playing by his own rules, it's Vince seeing money in a 300 pound super athlete.

Lesnar played WCW and the WWF for a big contract. Something many super athletes never did over the years. They certainly never offered him $250,000 a year based on the fact he was a super athlete. They did it because he knew his value and had leverage. He could have easily went elsewhere.

And I doubt a 20 year old Sting shagging some guy's wife has any bearing on his standing now in WWE as a legend. He was the ultimate company man for WCW.

What? When was this? "Pay me $500,000 a year while the company is bleeding money or I'll leave" isn't the "ultimate company man". Its called "I'm your only star, and I'm taking advantage of it". Sting being this one man company is such shite. He followed the money for 25 years. And continues to do so. He'd still be in TNA now if they hadn't fallen through.

Who's the top star now? John Cena. Does he veto any of the stupid shit he's asked to do or say? No, tons of people in WWE, including Vince, have touted him as the ultimate company man. Cena is the antithesis of "playing by his own rules", and he's not just the biggest WWE star, he's the ONLY star.

Yes. Yes he does, actually. He was ready for the sack until he pretty much created his own gimmick and did it in front of Stephanie. He pretty much created his own opportunity and has been the main man ever since. Something Sean O'Haire or Mark Jindrak or everyone else in Cena's talent bracket at the time couldn't do.

If this group of stars had a set of balls, they could also create their own opportunities. But they dont. Punk did. In 2011, he threatened to walk and got everything he asked for. Del Rio is earning more money now than he did in WWE. But they are all marks for the company who gave them their hasbros. And its not like anyone of them are making anything significant now there's no PPV bonuses.

I'll concede on Sting, I didn't know that bit about demanding money from WCW, I just knew that he never crossed over when everyone else did.

What's the deal with Lesnar negotiating with WCW? I've never heard anything about that. He doesn't say a word about WCW in his book.

And fair call on Cena creating his opportunity, but he's said and done some right shite over the years that he should have nixed if he did have a set of balls and an ounce of common sense- I mean, JBL is poopy? That was such a terrible angle, I stopped watching for a few years and jumped back in when The Rock came back and started saying everything I was thinking about Cena.

• Paid Members

Paul Orndorff wanted him on board. Everyone wanted Lesnar after he was done with real wrestling. The pool had dried up by 2000. Everyone was signed to either WWF or WCW. And ECW wasnt putting out anyone special like they had years prior. They needed to go shopping in other markets for the next stars. WCW ended up getting Bob Sapp and the WWF got Brock. They had to give Lesnar that $250,000 so he wouldnt go anywhere else. Look at Bobby Lashley. If he'd have came around in 2000, he'd have got a massive contract as well. But there was no leverage in 2005. Even the UFC hadn't exploded just yet. Brock's book is pretty shit, so I'm not surprised he didnt mention it. Most of it is Paul Heyman jotting down his own opinion of things. Brock even said on his E60 piece he's blocked out his whole first WWE run because he hated it so much. His tattoo is supposedly a reference to having a knife to his throat in WWE most of his tenure, where he didnt want to be there.

You only have to hear about Jim Cornette's take on Lesnar's time in OVW. Cornette said he'd get shot if he carried on the way he was. He walked around like he owned the place in developmental, and the only way to challenge him (because he's suddosedly genuinely frightening - obviously) is to have shot him in the knees. He'd just intimidate everyone. I suppose to my original point, it would be much easier to do what you want if you were as shit scary as he is.

Nobody knows what Cena goes along with or nips in the bud or writes himself. According to Orton, Cena makes his own shit up half the time. Punk reckoned Cena was the only one besides himself who ever stood up to management and changed stuff he didn't like. Either way, JC made more money writing JBL is poopy than Punk did saying things to make people cum in their pants on the Internet -- so Cena might be a bit more astute in what he goes along with rather than thinking "they'll hate this on the forums, I best change it." He knows where his bread's buttered, and that's not with the people watching on Firstrowsportz who aren't going to put their hand in their pocket for a gaudy t-shirt with his face on it regardless. Like a Nickelodeon actor, he might cry about it late at night, but while the paydays are coming in, he'll keep doing it.

To be fair as well, a six year old with cancer isn't going to care about insider promos built around what Kevin Nash called Benoit in WCW, but might be in fits of laughter at dropping a load of gunge on the Nexus or whatever. And more power to the man who makes that kid happy rather than pandering to jaded wankers like us.

If this group of stars had a set of balls, they could also create their own opportunities. But they dont. Punk did. In 2011, he threatened to walk and got everything he asked for. 

Except a job for Colt Cabana, which he probably never even asked for really.

Edited by King Pitcos