The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Would be a waste to do it again with Bryan, especially at the expense of potentially making Reigns a proper star.

Cena is the most popular guy in WWE now too, lets not go mad.

Is he? I dont see people booing D/B? Every time Cena gets a whomping from Brock people cheer. He may well sell more merch than Bryan but overall crowd reaction is a different kettle of of fish.

For me they shouldn't do anything other than Bryan/Lesnar. Bryan wins the rumble and goes on to win the title at Mania. Its such a simple idea, great story and the perfect David/Goliath match. No need to turn Lesnar face at this point, especially if he's not re-signing with them.

I'd then potentially do Cena-Reigns as a babyface match. Especially with the 'smart' we hate Cena crowd at Mania its possibly a good chance to get the crowd behind Reigns. No idea how you'd build it at this point though.

It also leaves Rollins twiddling his thumbs, but he could always go against Sting instead of Hunter doing it. Don't see that happening though.

First off Sting V Triple H is pretty much a lock.  Cena V Reigns wouldn't happen just yet and plus i'm still banking on a Cena V Rusev match at Mania. Rollins wouldn't be twiddling his thumbs because Orton is ready to return, most likely during the Rumble match as a surprise entrant.

How do you get out of it though?

That's the problem I guess. I suppose you could have Ziggler, Ryback and Rowan win their jobs back, making Rollins vs. Lesnar at the Rumble. Cena could show up and ruin the match causing the double DQ or whatever. The Authority could then say that Cena has been taken out of the Rumble match itself, have Cena run in and chuck out Rollins. Then he can either strong-arm someone or win a number one contenders match on Raw, Rollins will have the issue of Cena costing him a title opportunity twice, setting up the original Triple Threat at Fast Lane.

Then again, like I say all the time, fantasy booking isn't for everybody.

• Paid Members

For me they shouldn't do anything other than Bryan/Lesnar. Bryan wins the rumble and goes on to win the title at Mania. Its such a simple idea, great story and the perfect David/Goliath match. No need to turn Lesnar face at this point, especially if he's not re-signing with them.

I'd then potentially do Cena-Reigns as a babyface match. Especially with the 'smart' we hate Cena crowd at Mania its possibly a good chance to get the crowd behind Reigns. No idea how you'd build it at this point though.

It also leaves Rollins twiddling his thumbs, but he could always go against Sting instead of Hunter doing it. Don't see that happening though.

Rollins would face Orton..

Anything other than Reigns beating Lesnar is a complete waste of everything that's happened over the past year. Brock ending the streak. Brock destroying Cena, the franchise player. There's no point to any of it if Lesnar isn't used to make the next face of the company. Is Reigns ready?  Probably not. Was Cena in 2005? Not even close. WWE talks about fans organically making top guys (Austin) but for the most part it comes down to sheer bloody mindedness and a massive rocket strapped to someone's back. (Cena)

I'll admit Lesnar has lost a lot of his shine since Summerslam but he's still the best storyline crutch they've got. They may as well go all in with Reigns because really who else is there for them to strap the rocket to?

And I love D Bryan to death but there wouldn't be a moment during a match with Lesnar that I could realistically imagine him winning. I'm probably on the more cynical side of things and if anyone could make it work it's Bryan. But I'm not buying it.

Rollins would face Orton..

Ah yeah forgot about Orton.

So there's my card (I know it won't actually happen)...

Bryan vs Lesnar for the title

Cena vs Reigns

HHH vs Sting

Orton vs Rollins

• Paid Members

What is the point of Bryan vs Lesnar? Seriously, for me a David vs Goliath match is only good if the David is well up against it and would take a miracle for him to win. If Bryan faces Lesnar, you know he's going to win so it just ends up being a good match and nothing else.

At least with Reigns, you still have that predictable outcome but at the same time you can give him a platform to rise from. Boos or cheers, it'll be good for him.

The last time they even attempted to make a star by having them win at a Wrestlemania (not some random PPV) is Batista. Since then, I'm struggling to think of one. Bryan doesn't count for me, he was already made before WM30.

• Paid Members

What is the point of Bryan vs Lesnar? Seriously, for me a David vs Goliath match is only good if the David is well up against it and would take a miracle for him to win. If Bryan faces Lesnar, you know he's going to win so it just ends up being a good match and nothing else.

If Lesnar is leaving, that's all you want anyway. He's not going to make Roman Reigns if he puts him over in a match that hasn't a hope of being as good as whatever match Daniel Bryan was in. Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar is a far better story, will have far better crowd reaction and will be 50 times better. Reigns vs Lesnar is a gamble, considering Reigns simply isn't ready. Seeing Reigns vs Lesnar do 20 minutes at this stage of the game sounds horrendous. It has Goldberg vs Lesnar written all over it. You have far better chance making Reigns if you put him over down the line, instead of saying "he's your champion, cheer him please".

I seriously dont get all this "he's to small" stuff.  This isnt Billy Kidman vs Hulk Hogan. You're only to small if you arent over with the crowd. Hornswoggle could beat Lesnar if he was over to the level Bryan is. Of course Brock would murder him in a real fight. But Steve Austin would probably have gotten killed if he fought the Undertaker in a shoot. Hogan wouldnt have lasted 30 seconds if Andre kicked off. Bryan vs Brock in the context of a WrestleMania main event sounds like the best thing they could possibly have on the table.

EDIT: The second part isn't suggesting that is what Murtz was saying. Just going on a seperate rant.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

You could argue that they tried to make a star last year in Cesaro but obviously their booking afterwards was shocking.

I don't think they tried to make Cesaro a star at all, he was just the one they used as an excuse to have Heyman come out every week to remind us that Lesnar beat The Streak. If you look back on it, once he won the Andre Battle Royal, he lost to RVD in his first match aligned with Paul E, he lost to Sheamus a million times on a US title quest, then after Money in the Bank, Kofi and Big E were beating him week in, week out. He got eliminated by Heath Slater in the vacant IC title Battle Royal. Then went on the biggest losing streak on the planet. There's no way there was any intention of them trying to make him a star at all in 2014.

Absolutely agree with Ian's points above.

A fair few people seem to think that Reigns just isn't ready for the full-on "rocket to the moon" push yet. I read comments from Austin yesterday where he said that as good as Reigns looked while in The Shield, he was still only carrying 1/3 of the work. Going out there for 20 minutes in a main event position on your own is a much bigger responsibility. Reigns has pretty much everything needed to be a top guy, they should not rush it.

Bryan V Brock is an absolutely perfect pro wrestling scenario; big evil monster Vrs plucky, beloved under-dog. The fans will be super into it and both men are capable of putting on something really special.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

I don't understand why so many people would be against Bryan vs Brock. Bryan went clean over Triple H, Orton and Batista in one night and Cena on another. The story could conceivably be Bryan being too quick for Lesnar and countering all his power moves. I'd go as far as to say Bryan going over Lesnar would be more believable than Reigns doing so. Like Ian said, D-Bry is over as a mother with the hardcores and casuals, anyway.

Stop trying to hold back smaller wrestlers, internet!