The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought that re: Shawn. I can't cope watching Shawn Michaels, he's so needlessly zany that it's cringey to watch. He acts like a kids TV presenter, the way he bounces about and constantly makes Mr Tumbles faces.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels has always been an unbearable tit. He's talented enough that you end up rooting for him in most of his babyface matches anyway, but the guy just seems insufferable and that always comes through when he speaks.

He seemed much, MUCH more unbearable the other night. It was like the time he impersonated Shane McMahon, but this time he wasn't meant to be a silly impersonation.

• Paid Members

He's a strange character. People talk about wrestler deaths, but the Shawn Michaels I was watching the other night from 1995 has left planet earth ages ago. He was amazing in 1995. He wrestled this jobber on Superstars and he didn't even take his leather hat or his chaps off. He was very funny as well. Not over the top Jim Carry shit you see now. But his facial expressions on the Heartbreak Hotel when interviewing Bob Backlund were great. He was fantastically subtle. A word which you dont associate with HBK anymore.

Seeing him almost immediately after watching this on Raw was shocking. I encourage anyone to watch prime-Shawn Michaels and current day Shawn Michaels and try and convince me somewhere along the line the real Shawn Michaels didnt die and they replaced him with some goof troop who cant sit still or shut up that they found on the street. The pills must have caught up with him or something. He doesn't seem all there. Concussions and years of drug abuse have to have sent him fucking batty. Bret Hart seems similar. He was never this strange. He looks and acts like Smith now. And nobody wants to be Smith. Not even Smith. He's developed into "Typical Hart Brother number 6".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The difference between Hart and Michaels is that Bret's reasons for being the way he is was down to the stroke he suffered. Shawn's is all through years of cocaine binges. Infact i've never read anything that suggests that Hart was a user. Bret and Owen always seemed clean cut.

Edited by Glass Smash

• Paid Members

Bret did all the same things Shawn did, in fairness. You just have to read his book. All those mid-90s WWF wrestlers seemed to be fucked up. They had the tough schedule, because they had to work for their money because the money wasn't coming in like it used to. Its amazing how the Undertaker lasted, because there were rumours in the mid-90s that he was so knackered he was ready to jack it in.

I'd blame the stroke if it wasn't for Bret being a bit erratic pre-stroke and also looking at the rest of his family. I think its a given that once you get past a certain age, all the Hart's start to look and act like Stu.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The difference between Hart and Michaels is that Bret's reasons for being the way he is was down to the stroke he suffered. Shawn's is all through years of cocaine binges. Infact i've never read anything that suggests that Hart was a user. Bret and Owen always seemed clean cut.

Have you ever read Bret's book? He definitely enjoyed cocaine and boozing, just nowhere near the same scale as Michaels.

I encourage anyone to watch prime-Shawn Michaels and current day Shawn Michaels and try and convince me somewhere along the line the real Shawn Michaels didnt die and they replaced him with some goof troop who cant sit still or shut up that they found on the street.

I totally agree with this - it's the Paul McCartney died in a car crash conspiracy but in this case I actually believe it could have happened

As the show was roling on I thought it was going to be Cena vs Rowan, Ryback and Ziggler, which would have made for an interesting scenario although I don't know what I thought they would do. Was anyone else expecting that?

That would of made no sense on HHH part to book that though would it?

Surely Ziggler, Ryback or Rowan would of just laid down and been pinned and got there jobs back and Cena still has his title match. They would of looked even bigger idiots then they did on the show they got fired if they actually tried to beat Cena wouldn't they

As the show was roling on I thought it was going to be Cena vs Rowan, Ryback and Ziggler, which would have made for an interesting scenario although I don't know what I thought they would do. Was anyone else expecting that?

That would of made no sense on HHH part to book that though would it?

Surely Ziggler, Ryback or Rowan would of just laid down and been pinned and got there jobs back and Cena still has his title match. They would of looked even bigger idiots then they did on the show they got fired if they actually tried to beat Cena wouldn't they

They could've done a double stipulation in that scenario. If Cena beat Rowan, Ryback & Ziggler, he keeps his title shot but those three stay fired. If they beat Cena, he loses his title shot but they get their jobs back. Gives them all something to fight for and also keeps the "Authority always wins" thing going.

Edited by neil is brill