The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Its 2002 again. Remember when Hogan, Flair and all those others fucked off to WCW and Lou Albano and Fred Blassie were their legends? Then when Hogan and Flair came back, they never mentioned Ernie Ladd again. Its like that again now TNA cant afford this lot. I see no IRS advertised. Tatanka is probably stopping at home. The real legends are back and the rest can fuck off it seems.

The rest can fuck off. It's like Eastenders when folk who have been in it for a few weeks talk fondly of Pat Butcher and Mark Fowler, like they've been in the square all their lives. One thing I never liked about Wrestling, among other things, was that it didn't treat the past very well, like we all have the attention span of a moth. It's been a lot better in recent years though, Legends are Legends regardless of whether they shat in Vinces cornflakes or not and WWE is treated more like an institution with a proud past rather than a revolving door of beefcakes. I still like a bit of variety though and a blast from the past is always good, i'd be a lot happier seeing Tugboat than Sarge. 

• Paid Members

Money talks and bullshit takes the bus aaron.

I've been reading this forum on and off for years since I saw it mentioned in Powerslam a long time ago but never felt compelled to join. I tried once but gave up when the CAPTCHA thing kept rejecting my characters like an organ transplant patient rejects a bad kidney. Thought with it being Wrestlemania season now was as good a time as any to try again and when I seen a post about the forum struggling I immediately got the chequebook out. 5 big ones. That's right. 

Another 3 hour Raw I enjoyed! There was a quality one a few weeks ago (can't remember which one it was), and churning out another one so quickly is giving me hope. I know it's going into Wrestlemania season and the Raw Reunion gimmick aided things, but I enjoyed the pacing and structure.

The opening segment was good because it had a lot of focus on Lesnar to start the show. I've been critical of the way Lesnar has been used in recent appearances- basically getting paid to stand there and smirk while Heyman cuts a promo, so for Lesnar to take charge himself and play a tweener role was nice. The App vote for Cena was odd and unnecessary, but I liked the rest.

Having Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt in the opening match following that was a nice hook. I like Wyatt getting the victory as it makes Wyatt look good entering the Rumble (he's one of the only guys who has talked about the Rumble match itself) and lets Bryan play his best role as an underdog going into Smackdown and the Rumble PPV.

The Legends Panel was okay, nothing great. Big Show punching Flair gave me flashbacks to him doing the same thing to Dusty Rhodes. I did think Hogan and Michaels would at least try and do something to Show- I mean, it wasn't that long ago that DX were feuding with Jeri-show. Having HBK, Hogan and Flair endorse Wyatt, Bryan and Ambrose was cool.

I enjoyed BNB vs. Ambrose as a nice physical clash, especially the finish. Would it have killed the commentators to make out as if pinning the IC Champion clean was some kind of accomplishment, though?

New Day beats Cesaro and Kidd with ease. It's MLK Day. Still wish both teams were doing something better, the skills are there. "I have a dream... that talented black wrestlers were given time and purpose on Raw without playing up to outdated African American stereotypes."

Nice to see nWo get a big spotlight on Raw, and DX took a bit of a backseat to them, which was cool because we've seen plenty of DX on these kind of shows over the years. I was hoping for a bit of a DX vs. nWo feud tease. It was a fun segment with the Ascension. I half expected them to get packed into a box marked "Full Sail University", but instead they get a PPV match with the Outlaws. As much as I love the Outlaws... ugh.

A tag match on the Rumble PPV I actually like- Paige & Natalya vs The Bellas. It's not often we get a PPV Divas match that's not a token title match. I think this could be a pleasant surprise if given a bit of time. Interesting that the Rumble PPV now has 3 tag matches.

No televised entrance for Rusev, meaning less Lana. Boo. Standard reinforcement of Rusev as a threat heading into Sunday.

I'm a sucker for those Rumble stat videos every year.

Jey Uso pinned a former WWE Champion in under 3 minutes. Just let that sink in.

I was interested to see how they would go about getting Cena to win, I thought it may have come through some kind of Lesnar involvement where he decided to go apeshit on everyone, letting Cena win by DQ. Never in a million years did I expect Sting there. I love it when WWE can keep a surprise. JBL brought it down a bit with his stupid line of "It's just a picture of Sting!" but it was still a cool moment. Having the Sting-Lesnar one-two punch to end the show was brilliant.

Having Lesnar stand tall furthers my belief that Rollins is walking out of the Rumble WWE Champion. Very good show that added some meat to the PPV and has me looking very much forward to the Rumble.

The last five minutes was fun, so glad I didn't run into any spoilers before watching. Wasn't a bad show but still plenty to skip through. Shame we didn't get a Faarooq spinebuster but we did get Roman Reigns keeping his mouth shut.

You'd think after this Cena cock-up the Authority will try even harder to stop Bryan winning on Smackdown, that should also be fun.

Good Raw! Things moved along well enough, and the legends made it better. Ian's comment the other day about it being like 2002 when Freddie Blassie can get to fuck was spot on. We've got the legends roster now that we should have. It was weird seeing Shawn Michaels lumped into the frail old man category. Flair's attack on Big Show was brilliant.

I skipped the main event to nearly the end because life's too short, and the end was very well done. Rollins has added loads to this Rumble main event. The opening segment was tremendous too.

Bloody hell, The Ascension were awful, mind. So awkward, and with horrible timing. The pauses between their terrible lines were so stiff. The nWo weren't a great deal better, either, but the ego line was good. The APA appearance and JBL's clothesline were better.

• Paid Members

That was one of my favourite endings to Raw ever. You know it's good when the crowd are going barmy after that third hour.

Sting had a nice jacket on and hopefully they've done away with that awful Undertaker/Big Show hand me down he was using at Survivor Series. Triple H was, once again, the best at selling what had just happened, which helped the crowd to erupt into a "We want Sting" chant. My uncle's dicks hard over the thought of Sting v Triple H, nevermind my own. That's three great ovations Sting has had (if you include that video game trailer), which puts to bed the "I wonder if people will know who he is after all this time". He's a proper star, but we already knew that.

Lesnar smashing all the bad guys was a wonderful sight too. You wonder what they do with Lesnar for 'Mania if he's now one of the babyfaces?

Edited by ColinBollocks