The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The new set and return of pyro and fire definitely helped freshen up the show. They'd benefit from doing this every year, having a Season Premier around this time and re-doing all the graphics, music and set.

The opening segment was one of the best and most effective angles they've done in years. Wild, chaotic stuff that was borderline uncomfortable to watch and left me genuinely excited to see Mysterio vs. Brock down the line. Fair play to Dominic, the lad can take a bump. Not that he had much choice considering the crazy way Brock was throwing him around, but still. He sold it like a hero. After this, I'd consider doing Mysterio vs. Lesnar for the Title at Wrestlemania after Brock wins the Title on Friday.

Becky wrapping her fists with tape and then cutting that promo as Sasha ran away was the best she's looked since before Wrestlemania.

The commentary was infinitely better. Anyone who had any doubt about Lawler coming back was surely convinced by the end. The way he reacts to everything sounds a hundred times more effective than anyone else they've got. Sure, his comedy was pretty shit, but again, at least you could tell he was trying to amuse the others and/or make himself laugh. You never got the impression he was repeating whatever lines were being fed to him. You know Vince isn't micro-managing the desk when they end up talking about fucking LARPing! Even that one guy, whatever his name is, who's clearly been built using the Michael Cole mould, he still felt way more genuine and full of life. Plus, no Renee Young doing that random, super fake, "oooh!" shit all night long.

You sense this 5-on-5 thing with Hogan and Flair as coaches was the Saudi Prince getting negotiated down from requesting Ric and Hulk do a one-on-one match. Really daft to do a match like that a few weeks before Survivor Series though. Still, should be a good laugh leading up to it. Ric with a live mic is always good fun.

The show still felt like it fell off a cliff after about an hour and a half, but there's no denying that it's paced much better and has improved considerably since Heyman took over. No idea what he's got against strong male characters with successful marriages though. Dean Ambrose dodged one hell of a bullet leaving when he did.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The new set and return of pyro and fire definitely helped freshen up the show. They'd benefit from doing this every year, having a Season Premier around this time and re-doing all the graphics, music and set.

Did it? The changes probably cost a fortune but were minimal. One dreadful rock  song replacing another and a massive screen that now has a slope. Better than WCW who'd sink half a million into a new set and end up with something worse.

The show has felt much tighter for the last few weeks. Having the fresh character on top has helped along with all the returns. They've done a big angle on most shows and there's been laser focus on the PPV. That's where I've felt the Heyman influence has been.

Even though the PPV has played second fiddle to the Smackdown debut on Fox and then the Saudi shit popped up this week to cloud it, they've built steadily week on week. 

Unless they're really going to evolve the look and feel, it's completely irrelevant. We're stuck with a massive fucking telly and lazy graphics til the end of time. That will be tolerable if there's something to tune in for. This was much more like it.

I love Otis. 

The thing that baffles me about these angles is we are in the reality era. They just have to look at Instagram, social media or total divas to see it’s all a sham. Loved up Rusev and Lana fannying about with their real names and then we have to ignore that on raw. I get the old adage of “soap opera” but good grief. Give us reason to suspend our disbelief.

Team Hogan Vs. Team Flair just had to be bargained down from a one on one match. Can't wait for the Regime to eventually just start demanding their own characters and gimmicks as this charade goes on. 

Agreed on Lawler being an improvement. Which is some indictment in 2019 on what they had. I'll take the shit comedy and his more natural, naive eagerness to call surprises and rally behind the faces. Thank god he's not doing his heel revival act he tried doing a few years back where he just decided to disagree with every single line Cole tried putting over. I like it.

Didn't think much of the opening segment. Just more Lesnar throwing people about. It was good, but fairly standard issue for him. 

"Say 'season premier' dammit!"

Edited by Gay as FOOK

2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Hang on... so they’re doing a Survivor Series match a month before Survivor Series? 

Is it actually a elimination match or is just a ten man tag?

Anyway, surely nobody is surprised if it is a Survivor Series match? These Saudi shows take priority over everything now, the last show was billed as "bigger than Wrestlemania" !

5 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I think much of the opening segment. Just more Lesnar throwing people about. It was good, but fairly standard issue for him. 

It wasn't fairly standard though. It had an emotional hook to it and a real sense of unhinged danger from Lesnar. I thought they put a lot of effort into making it feel different. 

Watched a bit of this to see how the fresh coat of paint felt. I loved the opening angle with Brock, Rey and Dominic. But Miz TV drove me nuts, representative of everything I hate about WWE. Hogan and Flair doing their thing and teasing an old man scrap was one thing, at least the crowd was into it. But the tease of a confrontation leads to Miz announcing this Team match, seemingly on the fly judging from their first reactions, and then Hogan and Flair already have captains lined up somehow, who are waiting with their music ready. It's so contrived, nothing can ever feel organic or follow a natural order of events. Rusev then somehow ends up wrestling Rollins, the Fiend shows up at the end in the middle of Rusev looking like a bellend and everything comes off gash.  

15 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

But Miz TV drove me nuts, representative of everything I hate about WWE. Hogan and Flair doing their thing and teasing an old man scrap was one thing, at least the crowd was into it. But the tease of a confrontation leads to Miz announcing this Team match, seemingly on the fly judging from their first reactions, and then Hogan and Flair already have captains lined up somehow, who are waiting with their music ready. It's so contrived, nothing can ever feel organic or follow a natural order of events. Rusev then somehow ends up wrestling Rollins, the Fiend shows up at the end in the middle of Rusev looking like a bellend and everything comes off gash.  

Yes completely agree with this, I was going to say something similar but wouldn't have been able to word it as well as this.

39 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Rey vs. Lesnar at Crown Jewel maybe?

I'd say that is the most likely direction.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dazz said:

The thing that baffles me about these angles is we are in the reality era. They just have to look at Instagram, social media or total divas to see it’s all a sham. Loved up Rusev and Lana fannying about with their real names and then we have to ignore that on raw. I get the old adage of “soap opera” but good grief. Give us reason to suspend our disbelief.

How long ago was it when we had this exact same conversation over Lana and Ziggler? Must be a few years now. Feels like five minutes ago because so little has changed.