The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Hang on... so they’re doing a Survivor Series match a month before Survivor Series? 

This is really going to hurt the prestige of Survivor Series, which has held strong for over 30 years now.

Wait, no fucker has cared about Survivor Series for years anyway. The best 5 on 5 tag was that one on Raw in 2000.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Is Orton still supposed to be SmackDown? If so, love that he’ll be captaining a team competing with Raw’s champion captaining a team, so close to Survivors. Make sure Cole gets the memo.

19 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Meltzer said today that one of the ideas, if they can close the deal, is to use this to get to Brock Vs. Cain Velasquez.

Are Mysterio and Velasquez supposed to be buddies in the same way Rey and Floyd Mayweather were in 2008?

With Hell in a Cell this Sunday, there only seems to be three matches booked for the show:

Seth Rollins vs. "The Fiend"

Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

Bryan and Reigns vs. Rowan and Harper

They are going to need to announce a lot of matches on Smackdown on Friday. I guess that they could throw together Lashley vs. Rusev, another Styles/Alexander match, Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair, Revival vs. New Day again, Nakamaura vs. Ali again, and Gulak vs. Lio Rush.

3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Watched a bit of this to see how the fresh coat of paint felt. I loved the opening angle with Brock, Rey and Dominic. But Miz TV drove me nuts, representative of everything I hate about WWE. Hogan and Flair doing their thing and teasing an old man scrap was one thing, at least the crowd was into it. But the tease of a confrontation leads to Miz announcing this Team match, seemingly on the fly judging from their first reactions, and then Hogan and Flair already have captains lined up somehow, who are waiting with their music ready. 

Miz wasn’t announcing it on the fly, he said that Hulk and Flair already knew about this match before they came out. It’s just baffling that it was so incongruous with what came before that point, as though they were having a falling out there and then, and hadn’t just set up a team match backstage.

To be fair to Miz and whoever scripted this, nobody seemed to be on the same page with the awkward interactions from the start, so it’s possible that one of the old boys just went way off the trail from how it was all meant to happen.

Lashley waiting for Lana was cued very poorly as well.

8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It wasn't fairly standard though. It had an emotional hook to it and a real sense of unhinged danger from Lesnar. I thought they put a lot of effort into making it feel different. 

Fair dues, but from where I'm sitting it's one of the standard issue Lesnar angles. One that feels like it's been in about a dozen of his big angles since 2012. 

Brock smashes shit up, officials/ringside personnel come to try and stop him, innocents targeted, Heyman pleading, Brock returning to the attack repeatedly. 

I'm not shitting on it, it was good, but it's something they've demonstrably done with him plenty before. It's one of his things that he does. So I just didn't feel like it was one of the most chaotic angles they've done in years or anything. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

21 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Poor Rusev. I felt genuinely sorry for him. Surely he knows what's coming next? 

A few matches with Lashley before the whole angle gets dropped?

I watched Raw for the first time since the Raw reunion. Some good stuff, some shite, and some of it is the same old bland non-story - but they do at least seem to be trying stuff.

Like Rick, I really liked Otis in the tag match. Roode works best as a tag team man, and I’ve quite liked Ziggler this year.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

A few matches with Lashley before the whole angle gets dropped?

I watched Raw for the first time since the Raw reunion. Some good stuff, some shite, and some of it is the same old bland non-story - but they do at least seem to be trying stuff.

Like Rick, I really liked Otis in the tag match. Roode works best as a tag team man, and I’ve quite liked Ziggler this year.

I was thinking more along the lines of the wrestling divorce curse, with Lana Lashley having a bit of a ring to it. 

Anyway, I agree about Otis too. He's fast turning into one of my favourites on the roster. 

Overall Raw was pretty good I thought. The commentary was an improvement. Stuff that happened seemed to feel like it happened for a reason, with a purpose of going somewhere down the line, which so often isn't the case. I loved the opening angle as well, I'll never tire of Brock wrecking fools. 

I don't know what's going to happen in this Fiend Vs Rollins match. Rollins has looked a total Wally this past while, and conventional booking would say he wins at the PPV. It's way too early though for Wyatt to be losing on this run. I'm not sure how they get out of it, as both men need the win. A non-finish in the cell again maybe? Strowman coming out for revenge on Wyatt? It has me intrigued anyway. 

• Paid Members

The way they’ve only announced three matches for the Pay Per View, and the way all the focus being on Friday leaves them very little time to add many more matches, I’m hoping they tighten things up on Sunday and give us a two and a half hour show. Do some dark matches and a Kick-off show if you want, but this week in particular isn’t going to benefit from another dragged-out four hours coming after Raw, NXT and Smackdown. 

I’d be stunned if the finish for Bray vs. Seth doesn’t involve Finn in Demon makeup appearing in the Cell for a non-finish. 

• Moderators

Rusev will get Lana up the duff and Lana will happily announce it on TMZ and Vince will go fucking spare. I don't know why they hate Rusev and Lana being in a healthy happy relationship. I'm betting because Rusev is punching in their eyes