The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Steph's a heel again this week, I will keep people updated as best I can, it's hard to track at times. After announcing the WOMEN'S ONLY ppv Evolution last week in grand fashion, she apparently does not care about the Universe this week.

Coach continues to not watch the show and have zero idea about characters or storylines.

Constable Corbin is still the oddest character I have seen in forever, why does he have to wrestle in a suit, like I dress in shoes. shirt and trousers for my job but when I go to 5 a side I put a football kit on. It's so weird and bizarre. Why is he still feuding with Balor, if I hear one more Small joke from the make a wish, anti bullying centric company I'm going to lose it. Load of utter garbage. TNA TNA TNA

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

8 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Constable Corbin is still the oddest character I have seen in forever, why does he have to wrestle in a suit

He doesn't. Just like Dean Ambrose doesn't have to wrestle in jeans, John Cena doesn't have to wrestle in jorts, Roman Reigns doesn't have to wrestle in an armoured vest, etc etc. 

Coach suffers from Graeme Le Saux syndrome. Just because you can string words together in a manner that, without analysis, makes it sound like you could possibly be an intelligent human being, being given a live microphone and asked to commentate on a subject you're supposed to be an expert on only exposes you as being a complete dolt. 

• Paid Members

I came back from holidays last night, and caught up with the past two weeks of Raw and Smackdown via You Tube highlights today, due to being back to work tomorrow so won't have time to sit through the shows. Watching it this way made me feel like I'd missed something, and all four shows looked good. That's a good thing.

The Smackdown side of SummerSlam looks very promising. On Raw they seemed to have tried something a bit different with Brock, having him talk more and appear in segments that are totally different to what is his norm for the past several years. I'm not at all on board with turning Brock heel in the manner they have, as I feel WWE have hurt his star aura without building Reigns off of the back of it. However I'll hold out hope that finally, at SummerSlam, they'll pull the trigger and go with whatever the fuck they decide they want to go with going forward. If Brock retains and moves onto someone other than Roman, fine. If Roman wins and moves onto Strowman, Owens, Rollins, etc. Fine. If Strowman wins and feuds with Rollins, or somebody other than Roman then that's fine too. What I really hope doesn't happen is for Roman to lose, but the booking to continue to use whoever the champion is as the placeholder for "Roman's crowning". Either crown him now, or fuck the whole sorry saga in the bin. 

Enjoyed the Brock stuff too.

You just know this is all heading towards a 'Anything' can happen at Summerslam only for probably nothing to happen at all.

Owens could win the case and cash in.
Braun could cash in
Heyman could screw Brock over.
Heyman could side with either Owens or Braun and have either be his new guy.
Roman wins
Brock wins
Kurt Angle gets involved after being F5'd

Makes everything interesting anyway. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Kurt Angle gets involved after being F5'd

Can't see this happening, there's no pay off. Lesnar v Angle is never happening again.

Braun cashing in on Roman and making the latter look a willy again. Sticking with it.

• Awards Moderator
29 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Can't see this happening, there's no pay off. Lesnar v Angle is never happening again.

Braun cashing in on Roman and making the latter look a willy again. Sticking with it.

Brock wins clean, no cash in. I’m maintaining my stance on this.

Ronda needs to slow down in the ring her judo throws are impressive but a bit predictable. She still looks a little lost and all over the place even when she's standing still, like she's over thinking in the ring.

For those who are saying that she needed to dominate Alicia in her match, which is what happened need to remember the longer her matches go the more she will learn. These 5 minute matches even on house shows are doing her no benefit in the long run. It's wrestling at the end of the day and she needs to learn the fundamentals so even if they stretched reality and had Alicia dominate for a longer period would have given the opportunity for Ronda to work on her fundamentals like selling and bumping her act is going to become stale soon enough if it continues they way it is because her judo stuff will only get her so far in my opinion. On the job training and longer matches are the way forward at least it would give her something substantial to look back on to watch and learn from. At the minute she's a circus act they are rolling out to pop the fans which is a shame because you can see a greater potential in her.

If anything her current run to date is doing her a dis-service she's a world class athlete and deserves more than being a 5 minute side show to pop the crowd but I can understand why in this is the case because she hasn't got the skill set both in ring and in promos just yet for anything more than that. To much to soon for me and I think a lot more time spent at the Performance Centre instead of pulling the trigger on her debut as quick as they did was a bad decision perhaps not for an initial boost to ratings but in the long run as far a sustainability and substance as a wrestler and her overall sports entertainment presentation.

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members

People already believe in Ronda as an ass-kicker. She's Goldberg. They're not paying her so they can train up someone to give them a nice long "good hand" Ziggler of a run, she's a star. Number of times in the ring to help her poise and nerves will help, sitting in an Alicia Fox chinlock for five minutes will not. When the perception should be that the BEST are lucky to get out of the ring alive, she shouldn't be giving JTTS like Alicia hardly anything.