The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

If turning heel and being paired with Heyman does get Roman cheered, that’s exactly what they ultimately want! Imagine if Vince’s biggest problem with Roman Reigns is coming up with ways to get him booed. That’s his dream scenario! 

Heyman is incredible in that interview. He's been guilty of being a bit repetitive when he's called on to carry Lesnar's feuds with various opponents on his own but my god, who do they have that's a better talker than he is? I'd love to see him team up with a heel Reigns, the tease at the end makes me think that won't be happening sadly.

The only thing that ruins that video for me is Renee. She's great hosting the pre-shows or whatever but her acting compared to Heyman's there took me out of it a bit, especially at the end when she's doing the standard "interviewer stares off in to the middle distance after the guest walks off" bit. Wish they'd have given that segment to Graves, I reckon he'd have nailed it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Whilst a Roman Reigns heel turn sounds good, it'll be made pointless when all the dullards booing him now will start cheering him as a bad guy because it'll be 'cool'. 

I'd be all right with that. Fans cheering a bad guy is a bit awkward, but you can work with it. Fans booing a babyface is a different story. There's no real way to work with it and, when it's the top babyface, it ends up affecting the entire product.

Plus, to be fair, people aren't just booing him because "it's cool". They are booing him because Reigns, as a character, is fucking pathetic. He's the bloke who gets opportunity after opportunity, chokes every single time, then whines about it and acts like he's a victim. What kind of babyface is that? Imagine Austin, Hogan or Cena had been booked that way?

The sad thing is Reigns absolutely should be a top babyface. The guy is a fucking star and they are wasting him.

45 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If turning heel and being paired with Heyman does get Roman cheered, that’s exactly what they ultimately want! Imagine if Vince’s biggest problem with Roman Reigns is coming up with ways to get him booed. That’s his dream scenario! 

Agreed.

It's been said before but if he gets so good as a heel that he's cheered again they could always.....turn him back.

My big concern is that they don't seem to tell a compelling story these days. There's a good chance that, if they ever do turn him, they'll do it badly and go "Well we've turned him. That'll do. No point putting in any effort or creativity into it". As much I'd love to see a frustrated Reigns finally snapping, kicking people's heads in and basically dominating, he might well end up being booked the same way poor Seth Rollins was during his title run.

It's still better than the current situation though.

49 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

The sad thing is Reigns absolutely should be a top babyface. The guy is a fucking star and they are wasting him.

Reigns must be like a wrestling Rorschach test. Loads of people see this but just as many don't. Other than his shitty fist cocking thing there is nothing about him that screams babyface to me. Maybe it is because his act is stale even by WWE standards (here's Roman who used to be in the shield, hurrah!) but he just seems so lame. Maybe I am too old the days of having a universally liked top babyface are just long gone? My kids are just starting to watch a bit of wrestling so it will be interesting to see if they think differently (Finn, Braun, Bayley and Big E are their favourites). 

• Paid Members

I know I’m only setting myself up for disappointment, but after seeing that Heyman tease I started thinking - I’m sure Roman delivered a line on Raw that was eerily similar to Stone Cold’s “I NEED to win,” promos before Wrestlemania 17.

There’s probably nothing to it, but does anyone else remember Roman saying something like that on Monday? It didn’t really register at the time but if I had faith in the writing team that’d be a super cool bit of foreshadowing. For every way in which that Stone Cold turn was a disaster, this scenario is perfect for them to repeat it. Roman becomes so obsessed with winning the belt that he seeks the help of Heyman. Summerslam ends with him shaking hands and hugging Paul. God, I love it so much. 

I haven't watched Raw in ages but I watched the bit on YouTube the other week where Lesnar F5s Angle but from then I assumed it'd be another Lesnar vs. Big Show thing with Heyman costing Lesnar and siding with Reigns. The unaired part makes it seem less likely though unfortunately.

• Paid Members

Well that was the least interesting outcome from that Paul Heyman interview. Unless he's backed Braun, which could salvage something.

Don't get why they did such a good job turning Mojo into an interesting midcard heel with a little bit of potential only to beat him two weeks in a row. Why does no one get momentum?

Good to see Ambrose back. Hopefully he turns heel if Roman doesn't. Although we know who people are cheering if thats a feud.